Jan 5th, '10, 00:39

Re: NEW/Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by Tead Off » Jan 5th, '10, 00:39

TIM wrote:Image

Just a little fun question. What period and clay is this 100 ml Yixing? And what tea is it good for? I just started to test this new baby :roll:
So hard to tell by the photos. Clay looks to be zhuni. Age? 15-30 years is my guess. I would probably put rolled oolong into it. Nice looking pot!

Jan 5th, '10, 11:08
Vendor Member

Re: A different kind of Yixing pot thread... and Show-off!

by TIM » Jan 5th, '10, 11:08

tingjunkie wrote: *UPDATE* Mystery solved. I've been playing around with some shu lately, and the pot handles it admirably. Rounding the muddy flavors and preserving the good ones. As long as the experiments continue to provide good results, I think it's as good as dedicated. :D
Nice Tingjunkie! "Rounding the muddy flavors and preserving the good ones..." That's a keeper for Shu :D

Jan 5th, '10, 14:40

by TokyoB » Jan 5th, '10, 14:40

gingko wrote:Little rabbit :lol:

But I did see a few names with "little rabbit". On the website Tim mentioned earlier, there is a Little Rabbit Pan. I also saw a Little Rabbit Wu, but his style doesn't look like your rabbit.

Once I saw a chop on a kyusu with kanji name read as "little spring flower", and I guess that's a male name :lol:
gingko - can you tell if any of the "little rabbit" teapot makers also use a chop with the image of a rabbit like shown in the photo? thanks.

Jan 5th, '10, 22:35
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 5th, '10, 22:35

TokyoB wrote: gingko - can you tell if any of the "little rabbit" teapot makers also use a chop with the image of a rabbit like shown in the photo? thanks.
I have no idea. I guess none of the "little rabbit" people is currently famous (but there are also many famous people that I have no knowledge of). I am not exactly sure if the little rabbit is the name. But if it is, let's hope this little rabbit makes more teapots and get famous in future :D

Jan 8th, '10, 10:19
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 8th, '10, 10:19

Clay: Zisha. high fired.
Size: 160 ml
Age/Year: 70's.
Stamp: Mang Sheng Metal pen hand script
Walls: Thick
Pour: Soft & Smooth / No drips.
Source: Old Hong Kong Collector
Tea Pairing: older Sheung or Shu Puerh

Jan 8th, '10, 10:39

by Maitre_Tea » Jan 8th, '10, 10:39

Wait, how can you dedicate a pot to older sheng and shu? I thought these things shouldn't even be in the same room as each other. Wouldn't the shu overwhelm the older sheng?

Jan 8th, '10, 10:49
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 8th, '10, 10:49

Maitre_Tea wrote:Wait, how can you dedicate a pot to older sheng and shu? I thought these things shouldn't even be in the same room as each other. Wouldn't the shu overwhelm the older sheng?
Maitre ~ Old Sheng or Old Shu I meant. And I think is the other way around which old sheng might overwhelm old shu :roll:

Jan 8th, '10, 11:00
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 8th, '10, 11:00

Or old shu and older sheng? :P

Jan 8th, '10, 14:57
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 8th, '10, 14:57

Please drink Chinese Oolong Tea Series.
Clay: Zisha. mid fired.
Size: 90 ml
Age/Year: 70's.
Stamp: Yixing Mang Sheng
Walls: Thick
Pour: Straight / No drips.
Source: Old Hong Kong Collector
Tea Pairing: Any tea not broken or buds.

Jan 8th, '10, 15:00

by Maitre_Tea » Jan 8th, '10, 15:00

not that it really means anything, but the stamp on the bottom seems to be off-center. Interesting. TIM, about your high-fired Zisha pot, how porous is the clay?

Jan 8th, '10, 15:28
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 8th, '10, 15:28

Maitre_Tea wrote:not that it really means anything, but the stamp on the bottom seems to be off-center. Interesting. TIM, about your high-fired Zisha pot, how porous is the clay?
Maitre - Guess the guy whom stamped it had too much tea :lol: The high-fired pot is not visibly porous. So it maintain heat pretty well, hence good for aged puerh imo.

Jan 9th, '10, 10:53

by TokyoB » Jan 9th, '10, 10:53

- Clay type: zhu ni, High fired?
- Size of pot: 120 ml
- What year/decade: 80s?
- medium thick walls
- long'ish pour
- single hole
- Where you acquired the pot: SE Asia - local shop
- What type of tea you make with it: Taiwan gaoshan cha
- recent acquisition so need to experiment with it more to determine unique qualities
- the pot is not as red as the photos - the JPEG photos (posted) are more saturated than the RAW photos which seem to be more accurate in terms of color.

Note that this teapot has some imperfections in the workmanship which I tried to highlight in some of the photos. Not sure what this implies about date/place of manufacture. Any thoughts on date/clay type are appreciated. This pot seems like a natural for gaoshan cha - any thoughts of what else it could be considered for? Thanks!!

Jan 9th, '10, 11:19
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 9th, '10, 11:19

TokyoB, I have a pot of similar texture as yours. At the beginning it was orange-y color then it would get somewhat darker red :D

The shape is very similar to traditional chaozhou pot, even though it's not wheel thrown. I guess it will also be good for both dan cong and gao shan oolong.

Jan 10th, '10, 01:31
Vendor Member

by IPT » Jan 10th, '10, 01:31

Clay: Hei Ni. High fired.
Size: 120 ml
Age/Year: 2007
Walls: Medium
Source: Purchased from the artist
Tea Pairing: I use it for my very high-end Lishan Gaoshan

Info: I am sitting here waiting for my customers to finish their tour and thought I'd post another teapot photo. I know a lot of people may think it's too cutsey, but I like this pot a lot. It is of very high quality. It was made for the year of the pig and since I'm a pig, I had to have it. In China the Zodiac is very important, so you can find all sorts of Teaware in the 12 animal shapes.
Attachments
DSCF1238.jpg
DSCF1238.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
DSCF1241.jpg
DSCF1241.jpg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
DSCF1243.jpg
DSCF1243.jpg (23.67 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

Jan 10th, '10, 17:37

by tingjunkie » Jan 10th, '10, 17:37

IPT wrote: In China the Zodiac is very important, so you can find all sorts of Teaware in the 12 animal shapes.
Funny you should mention that... I have two pet rats, and just recently I saw a fantastic porcelain guinomi/sake cup on ebay with a rat painted on it. I wanted it desperately, but the bidding went up to $66! :shock: It's now my teaware mission to find more of them (for less money).

+ Post Reply