Oct 6th, '10, 08:55

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by tingjunkie » Oct 6th, '10, 08:55

alan836 wrote:my 1st humble zisha pot from Guangzhou china while on a business trip.
all negative and positive comment are most welcome.
I love that shape- my aged sheng pot is the same shape too. That's the first time I've seen chops on the inside wall. I've seen them on the inside bottom, but never on the wall- pretty cool. Are you using it for young sheng, aged sheng, or cooked puerh?

Oct 6th, '10, 17:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Oct 6th, '10, 17:32

My latest aquisitions have chops on the inside wall too :roll:

I will do a full show and tell later but here is a preview

Early 90's Zhuni ore, processed this year with 60 hole processing [so a little smoother than the one I bought 18 months ago which was made with 40 hole processing]

Made by Gao Jian Jun

Fully hand made hence 2 commissioned (supposedly identical) pots are very different :idea:
101 and 114 ml.

I have asked my supplier if he will commission some Shi Pao this size for next year.

Oct 6th, '10, 18:53

by tingjunkie » Oct 6th, '10, 18:53

Those look really nice HM. Since you seem to have the direct connection to the source, you should introduce them to the TeaChat community! Maybe negotiate a TC special offer? :wink:

Oct 6th, '10, 19:32

by Herb_Master » Oct 6th, '10, 19:32

tingjunkie wrote:Those look really nice HM. Since you seem to have the direct connection to the source, you should introduce them to the TeaChat community! Maybe negotiate a TC special offer? :wink:
I got them from Wisdom Arts in Kuala Lumpur

I keep telling them to get a website
I keep telling them to come on Teachat

all new things seem to be on their todo list, in the meantime they just keep carrying on in their happy way

which involves having a teaparty at the back of the shop everyday with their friends and customers

and organising trips to China

I believe they are in China at the moment with 20 friends/customers they were sorting out all the visas while I was there 2 weeks ago

they even have a resale event every year in China, they buy Pu in China bring it to malaysia and leave it on a shelf, then take it back to China 10 years later and sell it for a huge profit.

Malaysian dry stored Pu is thought to be far better than any stored in China

and besides that 90s mined ore will surely run out one day - why would I would teachatters chipping away at my source :oops:

Oct 6th, '10, 22:58

by Tead Off » Oct 6th, '10, 22:58

Herb_Master wrote:My latest aquisitions have chops on the inside wall too :roll:

I will do a full show and tell later but here is a preview

Early 90's Zhuni ore, processed this year with 60 hole processing [so a little smoother than the one I bought 18 months ago which was made with 40 hole processing]

Made by Gao Jian Jun

Fully hand made hence 2 commissioned (supposedly identical) pots are very different :idea:
101 and 114 ml.

I have asked my supplier if he will commission some Shi Pao this size for next year.
Nice pots, HM. Are these made in Malaysia? I've heard there is a yixing artist making pots with older clay there. How much are they?

Oct 7th, '10, 04:28

by Herb_Master » Oct 7th, '10, 04:28

No, made in China.

Wisdom Arts seem to get an order approximately once a year.
2 or so years ago they commissioned 100 Shui Pin with the shop chop on instead of Gao Jian Jun's, when I arrived 18 months ago there were only 4 left of which I bought one (170 ml).

Last month when I arrived a new batch was in which had about 15 still unsold of 3 or 4 different shapes and sizes, there were only 4 small ones. 3 Days later 2 small ones had sold including a flattish shaped one that I had fancied buying for brewing Dan Cong. I immediately snapped up the remaining 2.

2 weeks later on my return from Langkawi and Penang a couple of the larger ones had sold, and another was in the process of being purchased.

Above shows the zhuni shi pao about to be sold ( I guess it is slightly over 200 ml) to the right a zisha shi pao that was an alternative prospect for the purchaser. The 2 Owners behind the table Ah Ming and May, a friend of may's at the end of the table who had popped in for tea and chat.

In the centre in white shirt a valued friend and customer, who had brought his friend in red shirt in to buy a yixing. Red shirt was nervous and excitable everyone else was calm.

Man in white had to leave, but as he got to the door a monsoon like rain started falling so he came back and helped steer his friend towards the zhuni.

Price of mine - well you know how to buy things in Malaysia I don't
the price tag was 450rm
Fortunately though I did not bargain in anyway whatsoever due to the shock of half the small ones having gone in 2 days
Ah Ming invoiced me for them at 300RM each because I am one of the 'in' friends :D

The girl at the front of the shop is the sales assistant who never gets involved in the back of shop tea parties but has to ply the front of the shop trade with passing tourists et al - she has her own little table for commercial TGY and Jasmine tea etc while at the back we are enjoying 30 year old sheng.

The owners however rarely get there when the shop opens, so if I arrive shortly after 10 in the morning the girl will take me to the back of the shop and start brewing some good stuff for me, I think she relishes these sort of opportunities.

Oct 7th, '10, 04:43

by Herb_Master » Oct 7th, '10, 04:43

tingjunkie wrote:Those look really nice HM. Since you seem to have the direct connection to the source, you should introduce them to the TeaChat community! Maybe negotiate a TC special offer? :wink:
Who knows, maybe if there is a decent profit times 30 he may be interested. But they are not cheap items - it would not work so easily via cheap due to the large sums of money involved - but it might work the Magokorodo way - with Wisdom Arts mailing individually.

How much would people be prepared to pay? 100$ plus post? :?:

Oct 7th, '10, 23:32
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Oct 7th, '10, 23:32

Herb_Master wrote: Image
I love that table! I've seen more and more of these tables in US boutique stores in recent years. Many of them are from Malaysia.

I love the tea stores where you can just sit down and drink, talking with the owner and other tea drinkers :D Some of my friends in Beijing leave their favorite teacups in their favorite teashops so when they stop by for a drink, they will use their own fancy cups, which made me jealous :o

Oct 7th, '10, 23:43

by tingjunkie » Oct 7th, '10, 23:43

Herb_Master wrote: How much would people be prepared to pay? 100$ plus post? :?:
If the clay could be guaranteed to be aged since the 90's, then yes, I think that would be a reasonable price.

Oct 7th, '10, 23:46

by alan836 » Oct 7th, '10, 23:46

tingjunkie wrote:
alan836 wrote:my 1st humble zisha pot from Guangzhou china while on a business trip.
all negative and positive comment are most welcome.
I love that shape- my aged sheng pot is the same shape too. That's the first time I've seen chops on the inside wall. I've seen them on the inside bottom, but never on the wall- pretty cool. Are you using it for young sheng, aged sheng, or cooked puerh?

Thx for your compliment! i'd dedicated it for sheng now.

Oct 9th, '10, 14:18

by Marco » Oct 9th, '10, 14:18

Seen this one in a shop in Odessa and had to have it. :D
It was even packed so nice in a beautiful cardbox. With a little catalogue of the potter in it and a photography of her with this teapot. I've been impressed.
It is rather rough on the inside - is this a good thing?
It was kind of cheap there and I don't know if it is a very good pot. It will show.
Perhaps someone can read what is written on it? And can someone read the stamp of the artisan? Would be great.

ciao
Marco
Attachments
stamp.jpg
stamp.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Yixing back.jpg
Yixing back.jpg (18.37 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Yixing front.jpg
Yixing front.jpg (25.01 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

Oct 20th, '10, 23:42

by alan836 » Oct 20th, '10, 23:42

hello from sabah.
Attachments
20102010144.jpg
20102010144.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
21102010150.jpg
21102010150.jpg (36.52 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
21102010151.jpg
21102010151.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 1961 times

Oct 22nd, '10, 14:43

by nickE » Oct 22nd, '10, 14:43

80ml Hungni Yixing pot from TeaMasters.

I'm using this pot for aged Shengpu. It pours well, but it somewhat slow at about 10 seconds. Also, it is a single hole spout. It was not very expensive, though, and I'm very happy with its quality for what I paid. Medium/thick walls work great for Sheng and the small size is optimal as aged teas are expensive.

Oct 27th, '10, 04:21

by finddream2020 » Oct 27th, '10, 04:21

tingjunkie wrote:That being said, many of us (myself included) are mere beginners in terms of knowledge. Asking "What's the best type of clay for x tea?" or, "What's the best shape for y tea?" is ok, but it can only get us so far. Those of us who have plunged far enough down the rabbit hole, usually come to some similar conclusions, namely: there is no best anything! Vintage zhuni is not always magic, there are good modern pots, and sometimes cheap pots can work as well as expensive ones. On top of that, everyone has different tastes, and it's all subjective in the end!
Totally agree!

Oct 27th, '10, 06:56

by Herb_Master » Oct 27th, '10, 06:56

finddream2020 wrote:
Totally agree!
Good to see you back on the boards, I thought you were neglecting us :D

I am still waiting (over a year :( )

for you to update the web site with size information and more details on some of the listed pots.

+ Post Reply