Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby needaTEAcher » Nov 15th, '11, 18:39

That last one looks more like hongni or zhuni to me, which would make me think it is fake. :( Then again I am new to all t
his. Any vets out there today?

User avatar needaTEAcher
Posts: 505
Joined: Oct 06, '11
Location: Hong Kong, next China

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby fracol » Nov 15th, '11, 19:43

needaTEAcher wrote:That last one looks more like hongni or zhuni to me, which would make me think it is fake. :( Then again I am new to all t
his. Any vets out there today?



If you told me it was fake I wouldn't disagree with you for one second. I will say that it looks a little redder in the picture, but I am really curious as to what the writing on it means. That could shed some light on what/where it really came from.

Thanks for the thoughts!

User avatar fracol
Posts: 108
Joined: Nov 28, '10
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southwest Florida

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby wyardley » Nov 16th, '11, 01:47

fracol wrote:
needaTEAcher wrote:That last one looks more like hongni or zhuni to me, which would make me think it is fake.

If you told me it was fake I wouldn't disagree with you for one second. I will say that it looks a little redder in the picture, but I am really curious as to what the writing on it means. That could shed some light on what/where it really came from.

It's clearly been lacquered or painted. The outside texture probably feels like it's had a coating sprayed on, right? Very typical of ultra-cheap pots. Obviously, you didn't spend much on it, but I'd avoid consuming any hot liquid out of it.

By the way, the chop on the bottom is a standard 4 character seal (yixing zhongguo)

User avatar wyardley
Posts: 2065
Joined: Jan 11, '07
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby fracol » Nov 16th, '11, 13:20

wyardley wrote:
fracol wrote:
needaTEAcher wrote:That last one looks more like hongni or zhuni to me, which would make me think it is fake.

If you told me it was fake I wouldn't disagree with you for one second. I will say that it looks a little redder in the picture, but I am really curious as to what the writing on it means. That could shed some light on what/where it really came from.

It's clearly been lacquered or painted. The outside texture probably feels like it's had a coating sprayed on, right? Very typical of ultra-cheap pots. Obviously, you didn't spend much on it, but I'd avoid consuming any hot liquid out of it.

By the way, the chop on the bottom is a standard 4 character seal (yixing zhongguo)


Thanks wyardley. I would agree that the texture is slightly glossy. Thats kind of scary that you would actually suggest against using it. :shock: Good thing you told me before I actually started using it much.

User avatar fracol
Posts: 108
Joined: Nov 28, '10
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southwest Florida

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby auhckw » Nov 18th, '11, 11:32

Bought this from tea expo today
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15996
1 out of 20. Sold out in first day itself.

大益 – 紫砂 – 西施壶
dà yì – zǐ shā – xī shī hú
220ml
New teapot around 2 years old

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

More photos: http://imageshack.us/g/830/image001wj.jpg/

If it is not because of the Logo on it, I would not have bought it :lol:

User avatar auhckw
Posts: 1664
Joined: May 24, '10
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby the_economist » Nov 20th, '11, 15:04

Image

Image

A tiny 内紫外红 pot. Lid fit/knob is awful, handle shape is strange, but I like the zini clay inside. 40-50ml.

Last edited by the_economist on Jan 29th, '12, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar the_economist
Posts: 736
Joined: Sep 04, '10
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby bagua7 » Nov 20th, '11, 20:34

auhckw wrote:Image
大茶树记 – 青灰泥 – 德钟壶
dà chá shù jì – qīng huī ní – dé zhōng hú
150ml
Qing Hui Ni is one of the sub category of Zini. Less common. As expensive/rare as modern Zhuni. This retains heat very very well. Brings out the flavor and smoothness. Good to brew aged tea.
Decided to dedicate for: Raw Pu-erh (15 years above)


I thought QHN was greyish; in fact, qing hui means graphite colour. I also read somewhere that nowadays this clay is made by adding other clay to duan ni clay, in order to reach the desired effect since real QHN pots are worth thousands. Another clay that has been mined out in the existing mines.

Image

Your pot looks to me a common Qing Shui Ni.

User avatar bagua7
Posts: 1388
Joined: Jul 21, '10

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby TIM » Nov 21st, '11, 12:52

Image

1990's Zini mixed sand. 250 ml. Forth Generation Fuk Kee craftsman.

http://humi.cside.com/gallaly/1_kotubo/1_kotubo_3.htm

Last edited by TIM on Nov 21st, '11, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby tingjunkie » Nov 21st, '11, 14:44

Nice T! What's Fuk Kee all about?

User avatar tingjunkie
Posts: 1663
Joined: Jul 08, '09
Location: Maui

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby TIM » Nov 22nd, '11, 16:45

Image

Marks 雨香齋 / 90's perhaps (who cares) / 220 ml / Thick wall / high fired.
Pear skin clay.

User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby tieguanyinfan » Nov 23rd, '11, 00:11

Just out of curiousity, was it anyone here who bought the Ching Hwei Ni xiao pin (75cc) on houdeasianart? :mrgreen:

tieguanyinfan
Posts: 24
Joined: Jun 24, '11
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Toronto

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby MarshalN » Nov 23rd, '11, 00:14

the_economist wrote:Image

Image

Image

Image


A tiny 内紫外红 pot. Lid fit/knob is awful, handle shape is strange, but I like the zini clay inside. 40-50ml.


I like this one, bought in Singapore?

User avatar MarshalN
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mar 15, '06
Contact MarshalN:

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby the_economist » Nov 23rd, '11, 01:17

Nope not from Singapore. The handle is almost a full circle, which to me is unusual.

P.S.: pm-ed you as well!

User avatar the_economist
Posts: 736
Joined: Sep 04, '10
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby yinwenqian » Nov 30th, '11, 06:16

it seems the teapot is not so good

yinwenqian
Posts: 85
Joined: Sep 21, '10
Location: yixing,CChina
Contact yinwenqian:

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby yinwenqian » Dec 1st, '11, 23:05

i mean the clay and technological level is not so good

yinwenqian
Posts: 85
Joined: Sep 21, '10
Location: yixing,CChina
Contact yinwenqian:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest