Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Dec 31st, '11, 10:01

Sometimes just bringing out the pot and looking at them makes me feel happy :D . It's just amazing that these pots are unlike porcelain where they shine exterior wise but yixing pots after sometime of use they shine from the inside.
Anyone here can help me with the wording of my zhu ni pots? :mrgreen:

ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Dec 31st, '11, 10:10

Let me share with you guys another pot which I bought in Taiwan. I called it 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon'. It's a fairly big pot. 300-350ml. I plan to sell it but just afraid that I might not be able to get this kind ever again. This set comes with a pot and 4 cups.

Attachments
185470_208699595846565_100001195795582_517980_7766365_n.jpg
185470_208699595846565_100001195795582_517980_7766365_n.jpg (52.58 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
281737_208699692513222_100001195795582_517981_4558831_n.jpg
281737_208699692513222_100001195795582_517981_4558831_n.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
283582_208699472513244_100001195795582_517979_4588174_n.jpg
hidden dragon under the lid
283582_208699472513244_100001195795582_517979_4588174_n.jpg (55.09 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Dec 31st, '11, 10:13

..continued

Attachments
283499_208699939179864_100001195795582_517984_5635760_n.jpg
283499_208699939179864_100001195795582_517984_5635760_n.jpg (65.42 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
281496_208699372513254_100001195795582_517978_4875620_n.jpg
dragon in cup
281496_208699372513254_100001195795582_517978_4875620_n.jpg (51.33 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby Poohblah » Dec 31st, '11, 11:49

ArNg wrote:Let me share with you guys another pot which I bought in Taiwan. I called it 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon'.
Well, the inscription on the side does read 虎踞龍盤, "where tigers crouch and dragons coil."

User avatar Poohblah
Posts: 929
Joined: Mar 04, '10
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby TIM » Dec 31st, '11, 15:27

Clay: Zisha. high fired.
Size: 95 ml
Age/Year: 2002.
Walls: Medium
Pour: Smooth +/- 12 sec. Straight / No drips.
Source: Old Hong Kong Collector
Tea Pairing: Traditional High Fired Wuyi SX
Info: This is an original design, under the direction of the late National Grand Master Jiang Rong. Made by her student Liu JianJun. Receiving a 1st place honor in 2002.

Image
Image
Image

http://themandarinstea.blogspot.com/2008/03/drinking-good-tea-and-using-good-pots.html

User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby bagua7 » Dec 31st, '11, 19:07

ArNg wrote:Here is a pot which is similar to TIM's collection but of different colour. I'm not sure what clay is it but I will appreciate opinions on what clay it's made of.
Clay:No Idea
Capacity:120ml
Pour:12sec +/-
Tea Pairing: Sheng Pu erh


A duan ni mix.

User avatar bagua7
Posts: 1373
Joined: Jul 21, '10

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby debunix » Dec 31st, '11, 19:20

The fish pot is utterly enchanting.

User avatar debunix
Posts: 5748
Joined: Jan 10, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact debunix:

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Dec 31st, '11, 20:32

Poohblah wrote:
ArNg wrote:Let me share with you guys another pot which I bought in Taiwan. I called it 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon'.
Well, the inscription on the side does read 虎踞龍盤, "where tigers crouch and dragons coil."

Thanks Pooblah, can also help me out with the zhu ni pair?
Anyway Happy New Year 2012 to teachatters!

ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Dec 31st, '11, 20:39

TIM wrote:Clay: Zisha. high fired.
Size: 95 ml
Age/Year: 2002.
Walls: Medium
Pour: Smooth +/- 12 sec. Straight / No drips.
Source: Old Hong Kong Collector
Tea Pairing: Traditional High Fired Wuyi SX
Info: This is an original design, under the direction of the late National Grand Master Jiang Rong. Made by her student Liu JianJun. Receiving a 1st place honor in 2002.

http://themandarinstea.blogspot.com/2008/03/drinking-good-tea-and-using-good-pots.html

TIM, the chop at the bottom of our pots are different yes? Could mine be a reproduction of your piece by a different artist?

ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Dec 31st, '11, 20:42

bagua7 wrote:
ArNg wrote:Here is a pot which is similar to TIM's collection but of different colour. I'm not sure what clay is it but I will appreciate opinions on what clay it's made of.
Clay:No Idea
Capacity:120ml
Pour:12sec +/-
Tea Pairing: Sheng Pu erh


A duan ni mix.

Could be. At first it did occur to me it might be duan ni but the colour does not match.

ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby auhckw » Jan 1st, '12, 05:41

Been thinking to get this teapot for the last 2 weeks but somehow just didn't buy...
Image

User avatar auhckw
Posts: 1664
Joined: May 24, '10
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Jan 1st, '12, 06:31

auhckw wrote:Been thinking to get this teapot for the last 2 weeks but somehow just didn't buy...

How big is this pot? What clay is it?

ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby auhckw » Jan 1st, '12, 07:53

ArNg wrote:
auhckw wrote:Been thinking to get this teapot for the last 2 weeks but somehow just didn't buy...

How big is this pot? What clay is it?


Guesstimate 200ml range
Clay normal zisha.

User avatar auhckw
Posts: 1664
Joined: May 24, '10
Location: Malaysia

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby the_economist » Jan 1st, '12, 15:45

yet another neiziwaihong pot, about 90ml (3-4cups). nice pour, flat filter, weird stamp on its bottom (the 中 isn't quite right), and 瑞 (rui) inside the lid.

Image
Image
Image

this thing is probably going to shupu.

User avatar the_economist
Posts: 736
Joined: Sep 04, '10
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

Postby ArNg » Jan 1st, '12, 20:07

the_economist wrote:yet another neiziwaihong pot, about 90ml (3-4cups). nice pour, flat filter, weird stamp on its bottom (the 中 isn't quite right), and 瑞 (rui) inside the lid.
this thing is probably going to shupu.


Vintage?

ArNg
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 29, '11
Location: Malaysia


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest