Hey guys n' gals!
This is my first Yixing pot, as well as my first post on TC. I grew up drinking tea on a daily basis, so it is really nice to see others enjoy the art that is tea. While I mainly drink Persian teas daily, over time I have grown quite fond of Pu'er as well as Wuyi oolongs. As such I wanted to get a Yixing which I liked the shape, served several people while still being modest in size and would serve as my Shou pu pot.
Here is what I ended up purchasing:
"The Pumpkin Pot"Clay
- Was told it is Zini, would like a confirmation from someone more versed in this than I.Size
- Exactly 250mlPeriod
- Modern? Mid-Late 2000's.Thickness
- 15s +/- Quite fast for a pot this size I believe... Flow is nice however it dribbles slightly on occasion. (*see extra info)Bought From
- S.F China TownTea Pairing
- Strictly Shou Pu! This was really a matter of preference of what tea I drink the most of currently. I had not considered the shape what-so-ever, however it does seem to brew shou nicely!
- *Extra Info*
Heat Absorption is really nice and definitely has an impact in the quality of the tea brewed (now I know why Zisha clay is highly revered for this property).
Filter is 16 holes and does a great job straining the loose leaves. However I believe the design of filter inhibits the flow of the pour in that the top holes seem to get clogged relatively quickly. Because of this I think that the flow tends to dribble slightly (really barely noticeable, but worth noting). If anyone could translate the chops for me (hopefully they are oriented correctly), I would love to know what they say. A great first Yixing that I will put through heavy use over the years.
Happy Tea brewing everyone!