Nov 26th, '10, 11:08

Re: China Cha Dao

by dangert » Nov 26th, '10, 11:08

britt wrote: Dangert, please contact Jerry again so he can rectify your problem. He asked me to request that you do so. It has been a long time but he would still like to correct the situation.
Many thanks for your efforts, britt. I have contacted Jerry as per your suggestion - let's see how it unfolds.

To comment my personal purchases from China - the broken gaiwan was the only problem I had since I started to purchase tea related stuff. I admit that sometimes it was pure luck (e.g. teapot that arrived in one piece from zishateapot.co.uk despite awful packaging).

I have just experienced another breakage in transit last week, with white gaiwan purchased from Red Lantern Tea of Ebay. The resolution was quick and professional and only 10 days later I have received a replacement lid, sent via HK Post (not China Post) as I suggested. Great service and communication!

Nov 26th, '10, 11:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 26th, '10, 11:09

Britt, and yet you posted negative feedback before you even contacted the seller about the problem (as is your policy), seems very unreasonable to me.

I am sorry, I am glad this turned out OK, but I do not agree with posting negative feedback prior to contacting the seller of a problem first, trying to make an effort to resolve it first. I call this being reasonable.

By your own admission in this topic, you did (and do) this to gain maximum advantage, leverage and did not once consider the potential harm you may cause the seller. The seller made an honest and understandable mistake for which you purposely threw him under the bus. Mistakes happen. Be reasonable.

Then you boast about it here? You have also used TeaChat to your advantage as well knowing Jerry was notified of the topic. In fact, you posted about the problem after posting the negative feedback but before contacting Jerry.

The end does not justify the means. This could have been accomplished by contacting the seller first, giving them an opp to correct an obviously accidental mistake.

I have never had to use such dire tactics.

These are my opinions ...

Nov 27th, '10, 04:43

by britt » Nov 27th, '10, 04:43

Chip wrote:Britt, and yet you posted negative feedback before you even contacted the seller about the problem (as is your policy), seems very unreasonable to me.

I am sorry, I am glad this turned out OK, but I do not agree with posting negative feedback prior to contacting the seller of a problem first, trying to make an effort to resolve it first. I call this being reasonable.

By your own admission in this topic, you did (and do) this to gain maximum advantage, leverage and did not once consider the potential harm you may cause the seller. The seller made an honest and understandable mistake for which you purposely threw him under the bus. Mistakes happen. Be reasonable.

Then you boast about it here? You have also used TeaChat to your advantage as well knowing Jerry was notified of the topic. In fact, you posted about the problem after posting the negative feedback but before contacting Jerry.

The end does not justify the means. This could have been accomplished by contacting the seller first, giving them an opp to correct an obviously accidental mistake.

I have never had to use such dire tactics.

These are my opinions ...
You are certainly entitled to your opinions.

If I receive the wrong item, a broken item, etc. I consider this to be an unpleasant or negative experience and I rate it accordingly. Most buyers are lenient, as you apparently are, therefore giving new buyers like myself a false impression of a seller's reputation because most buyers refuse to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving appropriate feedback. To me, this is more unreasonable than what I do, which is holding sellers accountable for their mistakes and letting other buyers know about them.

Did you ever resolve your Hagi problems using the "nice guy" methods?

Sellers that don't leave feedback for a buyer when payment is made do so because they feel it gives them an advantage. With me it earns them a negative much quicker than it would a seller who already left feedback. Sellers that hold feedback thinking it is their bargaining chip deserve the negatives they recieve before a buyer contacts them.

It is unwise to negotiate without giving yourself the best advantage. The negative feedback can always be revised later if a proper resolution is offered.

As far as Tea Chat being used to my advantage, it is another forum member who originally sent the link to Jerry. I did not and do not need Tea Chat as a bargaining chip. I do just fine using my own methods, as evil as they may be in your eyes.

As far as the boasting, as you call it, goes I consider my posting to be informing other buyers, including Tea Chat members that use this vendor, of the final conclusion. I am telling them what really happened with this vendor, both the good and the bad, so others know what they will be dealing with. I am not keeping anything from them, as is the case with buyers who refuse to note problems when they leave feedback. Would you prefer I leave the negative comments uncorrected even though the issues were resolved? This severely contradicts your defense of the vendor. It would be much fairer to the vendor to "boast" about the fact that he came through and resolved the issue.

This may also get a resolution for another Tea Chat member who posted his bad experiences on this same thread. Where is your sympathy for them? Would you prefer this remain uncorrected, and would you still feel the vendor should continue receiving false positive feedback? Other members have noted various problems they've had with this vendor; I am not the first. We are trying to correct them and Jerry seems willing to help resolve any remaining issues. Why not do so?
Last edited by britt on Nov 27th, '10, 04:50, edited 2 times in total.

Nov 27th, '10, 04:45

by britt » Nov 27th, '10, 04:45

dangert wrote:
britt wrote: Dangert, please contact Jerry again so he can rectify your problem. He asked me to request that you do so. It has been a long time but he would still like to correct the situation.
Many thanks for your efforts, britt. I have contacted Jerry as per your suggestion - let's see how it unfolds.
You're welcome, I hope it works out for you. These situations can be very frustrating for both the buyer and seller.

Nov 27th, '10, 11:45

by betta » Nov 27th, '10, 11:45

Britt, glad you've resolved your problem. It's true that it's annoying when we received items which aren't what we're expected. I've numerous similiar experiences, but not related to tea or teaware.

Each individual has his own method to resolve such a dispute.

Concerning posting negative experiences on any website and revising it back again; I have my own opinion.

Honestly, most of the time I buy anything online, I type in the product name + any bad words behind it. The reason is to get more second and third opinions on the products as well as sellers.
Then a bunch of negative feedback about the products + seller will appear; I will read the cons (the pros are on seller's site anyway) and won't bother to read to the end about the outcome of the dispute.
Based on pros and cons, I will judge whether I proceed with purchase with the particular seller or not.
I believe many who don't have much time, will also do so.
So... sometimes it's misleading.

Nov 27th, '10, 13:18

by Geekgirl » Nov 27th, '10, 13:18

You should know, Britt, that if you have a pattern of leaving negative feedback before contacting the seller for a resolution (as is ebay's feedback policy,) you could be subject to being removed from ebay for feedback abuse. It's in the fine print, and one of the few "seller protections" left on ebay.

Nov 27th, '10, 14:37

by Chip » Nov 27th, '10, 14:37

Geekgirl wrote:You should know, Britt, that if you have a pattern of leaving negative feedback before contacting the seller for a resolution (as is ebay's feedback policy,) you could be subject to being removed from ebay for feedback abuse. It's in the fine print, and one of the few "seller protections" left on ebay.
This actually seems logical and reasonable ... makes sense of this chaos.

Negative feedback should not be a first strike weapon, it should be a recourse in the event a seller is not willing to resolve a problem amicably.

Nov 30th, '10, 03:23

by dangert » Nov 30th, '10, 03:23

So far complete silence from Jerry regarding my broken gaiwan. I don't anticipate resolution by now, but it will be nice to hear from him that my mail was received and there will be a follow-up.

Apr 16th, '11, 14:16

by Merlin » Apr 16th, '11, 14:16

Would you recommend Jerry for purchasing 3-4 kilos of 2011 tea?
I was using Yum Tea for some time in the past, but after Yum Tea ceased to be i'm looking for a alternative.

Apr 19th, '11, 22:31

by bagua7 » Apr 19th, '11, 22:31

dangert wrote:So far complete silence from Jerry regarding my broken gaiwan. I don't anticipate resolution by now, but it will be nice to hear from him that my mail was received and there will be a follow-up.
Warn him that you'll make a complaint to eBay. When I did that he quickly replied to my message (after sending three initially).

Merlin wrote:Would you recommend Jerry for purchasing 3-4 kilos of 2011 tea?
I was using Yum Tea for some time in the past, but after Yum Tea ceased to be i'm looking for a alternative.
Lucky if you get the tea you think you are purchasing. I hope this answers your question.

I have crossed that vendor off my list. Very unreliable.

Apr 20th, '11, 01:28
Scrolling: fixed

by Bob_McBob » Apr 20th, '11, 01:28

bagua7 wrote: Warn him that you'll make a complaint to eBay. When I did that he quickly replied to my message (after sending three initially).
It's been five months, so I hope it was sorted out by now ;)

May 20th, '11, 15:31

by dangert » May 20th, '11, 15:31

My broken gaiwan case was finally resolved. I was periodically pinging Jerry when I say him online in Google chat. He replied to one of my attempts and after two weeks I've got refund to my PayPal account.

May 21st, '11, 01:03

by Chip » May 21st, '11, 01:03

... that was fast ... :roll:

May 21st, '11, 11:48

by lkj23 » May 21st, '11, 11:48

This is the only chinese seller(from known ebay´s sellers) I haven´t purchased from. I contacted him for shipping rates and was a little hard, I don´t like, he wanted to charge a higher price for the shipment of which was on the shipping policy.

May 23rd, '11, 19:41

by bagua7 » May 23rd, '11, 19:41

It is a pity that this eBay merchant behaves like that because they sell quality stuff. Well, they will learn the hard way.

+ Post Reply