Apr 15th, '11, 09:52

Re: NEWEST CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

by karmaplace » Apr 15th, '11, 09:52

odarwin wrote:i finally took these home from my mom's china cabinet. its been sitting there for at least 20 years! there was even a sticker price tag saying JPY1,300.00!

kyusu is 280ml, and cups are 60ml, brand spankin' new! with dust to wash off :D

Wow, you're lucky to inherit such a beautiful set! I'm the first in my family to really collect teaware, so I hope that if I have children someday, they will feel this way when I pass pieces onto them (though I imagine they will not have any dust to wash off). :mrgreen:

Apr 15th, '11, 10:18

by odarwin » Apr 15th, '11, 10:18

karmaplace wrote: Wow, you're lucky to inherit such a beautiful set! I'm the first in my family to really collect teaware, so I hope that if I have children someday, they will feel this way when I pass pieces onto them (though I imagine they will not have any dust to wash off). :mrgreen:
it was not actually inherited... there was a bit of hesitation in the "handover" :mrgreen: i was actually eying that since i started with sencha, and just waited for the right time. alas, today with a small family lunch at the old house, and some of my aunt was there. it was perfect timing. but the best part is... there are still more to be "handed over" 2 large china red teapots, and at least 10 matching tea cups.

these were already "handed over" before... :mrgreen:
teacups perfect for puerh!

Apr 16th, '11, 10:18

by Seeker » Apr 16th, '11, 10:18

Geekgirl wrote:I can't remember what I haven't posted in show off. (I got a little behind. :mrgreen: )

Here's one of Petr Novák's celadon cups:

Gosh but that's a beautiful shot GG! Nice to see you here again - I've been really missing you and Victoria.
-seeker

Apr 16th, '11, 10:19

by iannon » Apr 16th, '11, 10:19

Seeker wrote:
Geekgirl wrote:I can't remember what I haven't posted in show off. (I got a little behind. :mrgreen: )

Here's one of Petr Novák's celadon cups:

Gosh but that's a beautiful shot GG! Nice to see you here again - I've been really missing you and Victoria.
-seeker
Same here..and all that gorgeous photography!

Apr 17th, '11, 11:41

by kent » Apr 17th, '11, 11:41

Hi everybody,

my first post, yeay! :)

This is my new Hagi I bought a few hours ago:

The pictures took a while because I was waiting for the sun to come out.
Other items are sure to follow when I have more time ;)

Apr 17th, '11, 12:02
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 17th, '11, 12:02

Hi Kent, welcome to TeaChat. Beautiful new Hagi! Can you share some information about it? Thanks!

Beautiful pieces odarwin, Debunix, Olivier. I had been watching that houjin Olivier, but never bid.

Apr 17th, '11, 12:17

by iannon » Apr 17th, '11, 12:17

Chip wrote: I had been watching that houjin Olivier, but never bid.
HA! me too I am pretty sure. I usually track most little Houhins that show up on Ebay..specially Bizen type ones. I really like the one i do own

Apr 17th, '11, 12:20

by kent » Apr 17th, '11, 12:20

Chip wrote:Hi Kent, welcome to TeaChat. Beautiful new Hagi! Can you share some information about it? Thanks!
Thanks! :D

Sure thing - what would you like to know? 8)

Apr 17th, '11, 12:26

by iannon » Apr 17th, '11, 12:26

kent wrote:
Chip wrote:Hi Kent, welcome to TeaChat. Beautiful new Hagi! Can you share some information about it? Thanks!

Very pretty colors..it looks almost "Raku'ish" Who is the maker?

Apr 17th, '11, 12:27

by Chip » Apr 17th, '11, 12:27

kent wrote:

Artisan/kiln, glaze, size ... age? Eh hem, source. :mrgreen:

Apr 17th, '11, 13:38

by kent » Apr 17th, '11, 13:38

Hm, the artist is Pavel Zamikhovsky. I don't know if someone has ever heard of him - he is a pottery artist who's krafting tea ware (and other things)

His page is http://zamikhovsky.de/zamikhovsky.html - but I think the page is only in german. I just heard from him a few days ago, when one of my favorit tea stores around the corner had new exciting tea ware. The Hagi was one of them :D

He moved to germany about a year ago as I heard. When I have enoughe time, I will try to get a personalised Chawan. Never had the chance to get in touch with someone who knows his work and does teaware. (Someone's on this forum who's one of the best pottery makers in terms of Chawan and so on, am I right? :) )

Other than that... the Cup is around 3,5 inches / 9 cm high - the glaze is matte (if this is what you mean with the glaze)

Age is unknown, at least to me. I think I will ask him in the future. And the source is a bit tricky, because the tea house I bought it has no website (yet), but it's the "Teassion Tealounge" in cologne. Only website I know of is the facebook profil http://www.facebook.com/pages/Teassion/122644501095138

@iannon - yeah, that's why I love this cup already :D
the raku'ish style sure was an eye catcher

Hm, sorry that you have to manually copy the links - the URL-option isn't working for me :(

Apr 17th, '11, 17:23

by Chip » Apr 17th, '11, 17:23

kent wrote:Hm, sorry that you have to manually copy the links - the URL-option isn't working for me :(
This is because of the forum settings for new members, sorry. I will edit your post for you.

This will automatically stop shortly if you keep posting, spam prevention, a necessary evil.

Thanks for the information!

Apr 17th, '11, 18:23

by kent » Apr 17th, '11, 18:23

lol!

ah ok, I almost thought no one can post direct links... ;)

Maybe I'll upload a few other items tomorrow, at least when I have the time and nice lights.

Meanwhile, this is my new Cha He I bought just a day before the Hagi at the same Tea House :)

It reminds me of 16-century pictures of the night sky in japanese pictures. (Even if it's not japanese)

Uhm... by the way - I think you edited the facebook-link wrong. A few of the numbers are still not showing as links

Apr 17th, '11, 18:58

by kent » Apr 17th, '11, 18:58

I already forgot something. The Artist I was looking for is called Cory Lum, he did a Chawan I've never seen before and I'm totaly after. The one I so much love is the one that Seeker has posted on the MatchaWan Thread on page 4. The one that is looking almost like a living vulcano. Just by looking at it, this piece of art is telling stories unlike anything else. I can't descripe how jealous I am... ;)

I've never seen such a beautiful Chawan, ever. And after that the other one is the Chawan Seeker is using as an avatar.

Apr 17th, '11, 19:28

by Chip » Apr 17th, '11, 19:28

Oops, I fixed the link ...

Your cha he is reminiscent of a Seigan "Blue" piece. He is a Hagi artisan.

Cory Lum is also one of our TeawareArtisans! Here is his TeaChat topic.
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9466