Jun 8th, '05, 18:42
Mod/Admin

Cleaning IngenuiTEA teapot

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:42

I'm looking for any tips on cleaning the mesh filter in the 32 Oz. IngenuiTEA teapot. Even washing immediatly after each steeping is leaving fairly dark green tea stains.

Thanks for your help

Joe

Mod/Admin

Thanks for the post.

The teapot is dishwasher-safe. To clean without a dishwasher, please use soapy water-- no harsh cleaners please! For tougher jobs, please allow to soak overnight in soapy water. For really dirty teapots, please add a drop of bleach to a lot of water and allow to soak overnight. Rinse thoroughly in the morning.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Cleaning Maestro

Mod/Admin

I've found a simple and very effective way to clean my IngenuiTEA. I fill my sink with hot water and add about half a scoop of OxiClean. After it soaks for an hour or so, you would never know that it wasn't new right out of the box. The plastic remains clear (automatic dishwashing can "cloud" clear plastic), the filter is white again, and even the bits at the bottom which are impossible to rinse are stain-free. After a thorough rinsing, it's right back to making the best possible cup of tea.

Leslie

Aug 12th, '05, 16:59

Cleaning IngenuiTEA

by mason204 » Aug 12th, '05, 16:59

Thanks, Leslie, for the tip.

Although I love mine, I haven't used it for a while because I just can't get the stains out. It's embarassing to bring it out in front of company. After doing a search on Google, I found this thread.

Mine is soaking in hot water as we speak and I can already see the water turning brown.

Cheers.
Cheryl. :)

+ Post Reply