Feb 5th, '14, 22:15

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

by Tead Off » Feb 5th, '14, 22:15

wert wrote:
TIM wrote: Hi Wert ~ I think 福记 still very much alive and producing higher craftsmanship yixing these days. Cheers ~ T
Wow! You tracked the family down. I believe their entire clan has been involved in the pot making so probly more of the them around.

Their family is also responsible for the 墨緣齋意堂製 marks in the the 50s,60s and 80s? Or is that a baseless rurmor?
I'm not seeing the connection of 福记 with 墨緣齋意堂製. Can either of you clarify this?

Feb 5th, '14, 22:27

by chrl42 » Feb 5th, '14, 22:27

wert wrote:
TIM wrote: Hi Wert ~ I think 福记 still very much alive and producing higher craftsmanship yixing these days. Cheers ~ T
Wow! You tracked the family down. I believe their entire clan has been involved in the pot making so probly more of the them around.

Their family is also responsible for the 墨緣齋意堂製 marks in the the 50s,60s and 80s? Or is that a baseless rurmor?
oh yeah?

both are awesome studios.

Mo Yuan Zhai Yi Tang Zhi is found from Japan-exported pots, I heard they have relations to Gu Jing-zhou while Fuji has a relation with Wang Yin-chun,

any more stories?

Feb 5th, '14, 22:53

by kyarazen » Feb 5th, '14, 22:53

wert wrote: Wow! You tracked the family down. I believe their entire clan has been involved in the pot making so probly more of the them around.

this is a rather niche topic.. you probably will need to wait for the experts here from their input

墨緣齋意堂製底款和壶把福记款在研究过程中看过,听说是FJ后期仿清末民顾老的工艺。如果是景记款就不得了了。

Feb 5th, '14, 22:59

by wert » Feb 5th, '14, 22:59

There are said to be republican period 墨緣齋意堂製 that have a 景记 mark on the handle. These were supposedly made by Gu Jingzhou, “墨緣齋製”、“墨緣齋景堂製” are also said to be marks used by him. But most of them out there with 景记 and 墨緣齋意堂製 seal are 80s reproductions.

I heard from one or two dealers that 墨緣齋意堂製 are also made by descendants of 福记. But I don't have any concrete and reliable information. That's why I am asking too.:)

Feb 5th, '14, 23:21

by chrl42 » Feb 5th, '14, 23:21

wert wrote:There are said to be republican period 墨緣齋意堂製 that have a 景记 mark on the handle. These were supposedly made by Gu Jingzhou, “墨緣齋製”、“墨緣齋景堂製” are also said to be marks used by him. But most of them out there with 景记 and 墨緣齋意堂製 seal are 80s reproductions.

I heard from one or two dealers that 墨緣齋意堂製 are also made by descendants of 福记. But I don't have any concrete and reliable information. That's why I am asking too.:)
墨緣齋製 is also found on many Japan-exported pots, I heard Gu Jing-zhou used that seal in his 20s and high-teen, but I've yet to see that seal made by old Gu.

and Zhuni pots with 景记 seal.....I don't even wanna get started (crying)

Feb 6th, '14, 00:08

by kyarazen » Feb 6th, '14, 00:08

wert wrote:There are said to be republican period 墨緣齋意堂製 that have a 景记 mark on the handle. These were supposedly made by Gu Jingzhou, “墨緣齋製”、“墨緣齋景堂製” are also said to be marks used by him. But most of them out there with 景记 and 墨緣齋意堂製 seal are 80s reproductions.

its a really heavy topic for a tea forum :lol: the reproductions are up to the 90s and even till now..

if you are curious there are a couple of other forums/groups that you might consider posing your questions :wink:

Feb 6th, '14, 00:09

by kyarazen » Feb 6th, '14, 00:09

chrl42 wrote: 墨緣齋製 is also found on many Japan-exported pots, I heard Gu Jing-zhou used that seal in his 20s and high-teen, but I've yet to see that seal made by old Gu.

and they try to do the zhuni in qing dynasty style and patina too :lol: :wink:

Feb 6th, '14, 00:23
Vendor Member

by TIM » Feb 6th, '14, 00:23

The dates make sense? Gu start making quality Yixing in ROC period?
If I'm not misinform, his teacher was making great works in the 20's to the 40's.

Feb 6th, '14, 00:35

by chrl42 » Feb 6th, '14, 00:35

kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote: 墨緣齋製 is also found on many Japan-exported pots, I heard Gu Jing-zhou used that seal in his 20s and high-teen, but I've yet to see that seal made by old Gu.

and they try to do the zhuni in qing dynasty style and patina too :lol: :wink:
succeeded in replicating the 80s clay? :)

let me see...

geez..what a waste of time :|

Feb 6th, '14, 00:39

by chrl42 » Feb 6th, '14, 00:39

TIM wrote:

The dates make sense? Gu start making quality Yixing in ROC period?
If I'm not misinform, his teacher was making great works in the 20's to the 40's.
I don't claim to be expert of any kind, but Gu was famous as quick as high teen and scouted by Shanghai along with Wang Yin-chun, Zhu Ke-xin etc

most of his Zhuni are ROC creations...as well as Wang Yin-chun's...Wang was about the most famous Zhuni potter during the ROC....correct me if I'm wrong :)

Feb 6th, '14, 00:43

by wert » Feb 6th, '14, 00:43

kyarazen wrote: if you are curious there are a couple of other forums/groups that you might consider posing your questions :wink:
Please do point me to the right direction! By PM or any other means you are comfortable with.

Feb 6th, '14, 01:04

by Tead Off » Feb 6th, '14, 01:04

chrl42 wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
wert wrote:福记, it is a seal that is more commonly used on the handles thou.
This one is on the bottom.
Some of Thailand-expored Fuji are bottom seals with dragon characters.

Good Fuji Shui Pings are a dream...hard to find. Only Hong Ni ones around these days, they are from Japan. But high-end Fuji stay in SE asia...
It seems the dragon seals were a common one used for SE exports in Qing and ROC. Were they also used for domestic Chinese market at the time? I have Fuji with and without dragon seal. Also Dragon without Fuji marks.

Feb 6th, '14, 01:56

by chrl42 » Feb 6th, '14, 01:56

Tead Off wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
wert wrote:福记, it is a seal that is more commonly used on the handles thou.
This one is on the bottom.
Some of Thailand-expored Fuji are bottom seals with dragon characters.

Good Fuji Shui Pings are a dream...hard to find. Only Hong Ni ones around these days, they are from Japan. But high-end Fuji stay in SE asia...
It seems the dragon seals were a common one used for SE exports in Qing and ROC. Were they also used for domestic Chinese market at the time? I have Fuji with and without dragon seal. Also Dragon without Fuji marks.
It's not easy to know, because most of mainland Zhuni are excavations, the excavations are usually stuffs before late-Qing era, the dragon seals are used after late-Qing era.

Jun 19th, '14, 05:47

by Have Some Tea » Jun 19th, '14, 05:47

Well guys, got this one at a local flee-market.
200 ml Gaiwan made of bone china. Very thin and light.

Wise men drink'n tea and a musician.
Don't know anything about age or artist, can some of you recognize hints of age by style or the meaning of the seal?
Gaiwan - Bone China.1.jpg
Gaiwan - Bone China.1.jpg (11.93 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Gaiwan - Bone China.2.jpg
Gaiwan - Bone China.2.jpg (15.17 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Gaiwan - Bone China.3.jpg
Gaiwan - Bone China.3.jpg (17.15 KiB) Viewed 1365 times

Jun 19th, '14, 06:40

by chrl42 » Jun 19th, '14, 06:40

Have Some Tea wrote:Well guys, got this one at a local flee-market.
200 ml Gaiwan made of bone china. Very thin and light.

Wise men drink'n tea and a musician.
Don't know anything about age or artist, can some of you recognize hints of age by style or the meaning of the seal?
Don't know anything about the porcelains. But that does show some traits of the early-20c.(roc). Whether genuine of not, currently not at the level to mention. :D

+ Post Reply