Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby William » Aug 17th, '14, 03:33

wert wrote:
Fabien wrote:End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing!
DSC_0135 teachat.jpg

Imari? Kuntani?
I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D


If you refer to the gaiwan, it is not japanese stuff.

User avatar William
Posts: 904
Joined: Jul 10, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Italy / Japan

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby Fabien » Aug 17th, '14, 05:45

William wrote:
wert wrote:
Fabien wrote: End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing!
Imari? Kuntani? I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D
If you refer to the gaiwan, it is not japanese stuff.

As William already stated it's chinese and not japanese, probably from mid to late Qing period and for sure after Qianlong reign (4-character Qianlong red stamped mark is usually indicating a later period).
As far as I know, this coral red porcelain, with a chrysanthemum scalloped shape and a wide hollow saucer would point it out to circa 1900, Guangxu period.

But that's just an educated guess, I'm no expert at all. If anyone has more infos or guesses, feel free to chime in, I'm always interested to know what I'm drinking in :D

Last edited by Fabien on Aug 17th, '14, 07:07, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar Fabien
Posts: 74
Joined: May 12, '11
Location: Haute-Savoie, France

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby Fabien » Aug 17th, '14, 06:22

wert wrote:
Fabien wrote:End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing! Imari? Kuntani?
I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D
About thoses Shui ping I've already posted some photos here : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246423#p246423 and there : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246427#p246427

User avatar Fabien
Posts: 74
Joined: May 12, '11
Location: Haute-Savoie, France

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby William » Aug 17th, '14, 08:04

Fabien wrote:
William wrote:
wert wrote:
Fabien wrote: End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing!
Imari? Kuntani? I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D
If you refer to the gaiwan, it is not japanese stuff.

As William already stated it's chinese and not japanese, probably from mid to late Qing period and for sure after Qianlong reign (4-character Qianlong red stamped mark is usually indicating a later period).
As far as I know, this coral red porcelain, with a chrysanthemum scalloped shape and a wide hollow saucer would point it out to circa 1900, Guangxu period.

But that's just an educated guess, I'm no expert at all. If anyone has more infos or guesses, feel free to chime in, I'm always interested to know what I'm drinking in :D


Agree. Probably late Qing dynasty. Capacity of 150/200ml?

User avatar William
Posts: 904
Joined: Jul 10, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Italy / Japan

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby Fabien » Aug 17th, '14, 09:52

William wrote:
Fabien wrote: As William already stated it's chinese and not japanese, probably from mid to late Qing period and for sure after Qianlong reign (4-character Qianlong red stamped mark is usually indicating a later period).
As far as I know, this coral red porcelain, with a chrysanthemum scalloped shape and a wide hollow saucer would point it out to circa 1900, Guangxu period.

But that's just an educated guess, I'm no expert at all. If anyone has more infos or guesses, feel free to chime in, I'm always interested to know what I'm drinking in :D

Agree. Probably late Qing dynasty. Capacity of 150/200ml?
Exactly, 160ml with leaves, 180ml without.

User avatar Fabien
Posts: 74
Joined: May 12, '11
Location: Haute-Savoie, France

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby William » Aug 17th, '14, 10:08

Fabien wrote:
William wrote:
Fabien wrote: As William already stated it's chinese and not japanese, probably from mid to late Qing period and for sure after Qianlong reign (4-character Qianlong red stamped mark is usually indicating a later period).
As far as I know, this coral red porcelain, with a chrysanthemum scalloped shape and a wide hollow saucer would point it out to circa 1900, Guangxu period.

But that's just an educated guess, I'm no expert at all. If anyone has more infos or guesses, feel free to chime in, I'm always interested to know what I'm drinking in :D

Agree. Probably late Qing dynasty. Capacity of 150/200ml?
Exactly, 160ml with leaves, 180ml without.


I have never found one of 120ml or smaller. I am just dreaming! :mrgreen:

User avatar William
Posts: 904
Joined: Jul 10, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Italy / Japan

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby wert » Aug 17th, '14, 10:24

Thanks Fabien and William for sharing and helping me learn!

wert
Posts: 228
Joined: Aug 26, '13

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby chrl42 » Aug 17th, '14, 23:24

Fabien wrote:
wert wrote:
Fabien wrote:End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing! Imari? Kuntani?
I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D
About thoses Shui ping I've already posted some photos here : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246423#p246423 and there : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246427#p246427

Looks like those 90s series....but compared to now...now is even harder to follow that 90's quality..

btw..it's really an exquisite Gaiwan . High-end antique porcenlains only stay in Europe :D

User avatar chrl42
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mar 22, '08
Location: Beijing
Contact chrl42:

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby kyarazen » Aug 18th, '14, 00:42

chrl42 wrote:
Fabien wrote:
wert wrote:
Fabien wrote:End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing! Imari? Kuntani?
I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D
About thoses Shui ping I've already posted some photos here : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246423#p246423 and there : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246427#p246427

Looks like those 90s series....but compared to now...now is even harder to follow that 90's quality..

btw..it's really an exquisite Gaiwan . High-end antique porcenlains only stay in Europe :D


looks like 70s type QSN material though. why do you think they are from the 90s? not to dispute your opinion but for discussion.

User avatar kyarazen
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sep 02, '13
Location: in your tea closet
Contact kyarazen:

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby chrl42 » Aug 18th, '14, 02:06

kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
Fabien wrote:
wert wrote:
Fabien wrote:End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing! Imari? Kuntani?
I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D
About thoses Shui ping I've already posted some photos here : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246423#p246423 and there : http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11539&p=246427#p246427

Looks like those 90s series....but compared to now...now is even harder to follow that 90's quality..

btw..it's really an exquisite Gaiwan . High-end antique porcenlains only stay in Europe :D


looks like 70s type QSN material though. why do you think they are from the 90s? not to dispute your opinion but for discussion.

I am merely commenting on Qing Yin SP and Zhunis.

Qing Yin zini SP only has 22~23 letter (seal), meaning the fabien's one to be imitation, the other SP I can't see for clear.

User avatar chrl42
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mar 22, '08
Location: Beijing
Contact chrl42:

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby Fabien » Aug 18th, '14, 03:30

chrl42 wrote: btw..it's really an exquisite Gaiwan . High-end antique porcenlains only stay in Europe :D
Thanks chrl, but it's really not so easy to find that kind of tea related porcelain around here... even more difficult if you want to use it and seek for items with no damage or restoration!
The advantage is that a lot of people don't even know what they are selling :D
Thanks also for sharing your knowledge on the SP, they definitely work perfectly and make good tea... what else!?

User avatar Fabien
Posts: 74
Joined: May 12, '11
Location: Haute-Savoie, France

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby kyarazen » Aug 18th, '14, 04:26

chrl42 wrote:I am merely commenting on Qing Yin SP and Zhunis.

Qing Yin zini SP only has 22~23 letter (seal), meaning the fabien's one to be imitation, the other SP I can't see for clear.


wasnt directed to the zhuni's by the links

just on the clay alone the first SP looks like 70s QSN, imitation or not the Qing Yin looks more 80'ish, both decent clays and shapes though.

User avatar kyarazen
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sep 02, '13
Location: in your tea closet
Contact kyarazen:

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby kyleshen » Oct 4th, '14, 21:20

Fabien wrote:
William wrote:
wert wrote:
Fabien wrote: End of the day with a nice Da hong pao, in an old gaiwan. Relaxing!
Imari? Kuntani? I am more interested in the couple of shuiping in the background, looks like good stuff. More photos? :D
If you refer to the gaiwan, it is not japanese stuff.

As William already stated it's chinese and not japanese, probably from mid to late Qing period and for sure after Qianlong reign (4-character Qianlong red stamped mark is usually indicating a later period).
As far as I know, this coral red porcelain, with a chrysanthemum scalloped shape and a wide hollow saucer would point it out to circa 1900, Guangxu period.

But that's just an educated guess, I'm no expert at all. If anyone has more infos or guesses, feel free to chime in, I'm always interested to know what I'm drinking in :D


Yes, I vote for late qing to early republic era, too. The glaze and the painting indicate such period.

kyleshen
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 12, '14

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby kyleshen » Nov 5th, '14, 22:21

tingjunkie wrote:Is this Kyle Shen of NYC? If so, it's Mike V here. Welcome aboard! If not, welcome aboard anyway!

Come over Flushing for tea!!!

kyleshen
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 12, '14

Re: Antique/Vintage Tea and Tea Ware

Postby kyleshen » Nov 5th, '14, 22:22

kyarazen wrote:
kyleshen wrote:The mark said "made in Daoguang year" but the style seems to be much later. But it is a fine piece of art and quite collectible.


久仰大名

(long time hear your big name)

Hi, where did U get the name, ha ha!
Nice to meet U!!!

kyleshen
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 12, '14


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest