Feb 22nd, '13, 15:07

Re: NEW! Official Teaware of the Day!

by Alex » Feb 22nd, '13, 15:07

David R. wrote:Like I said before : perfect pour. Filter is perfect. Beak is perfect. What else ? :lol:
What else? you can send it to me. :P

I'm not even going to contemplate another piece of teaware until the right Yamada Sou kyusu comes my way.

8)

Feb 22nd, '13, 15:19

by vacuithe » Feb 22nd, '13, 15:19

perfect pour. Filter is perfect
+1 !
it's realy unbelievable.
supernatural pour, I don't understand how it can be as perfect. Really magic.

Feb 23rd, '13, 07:12

by NPE » Feb 23rd, '13, 07:12

I would like to show off my teaware of the day: the family just got completed less than an hour ago with the arrival of the yuzamashi. Beautiful teaset by Andrzej Bero.
It is making good gyokuro even better :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.1 KiB) Viewed 2197 times

Feb 23rd, '13, 14:53

by vacuithe » Feb 23rd, '13, 14:53

David R. wrote:Like I said before : perfect pour. Filter is perfect. Beak is perfect. What else ? :lol:
I just uploaded a tiny video of my yesterday arrived Yamada Sou shudei kyusu. I just love it ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iayqzflrvis

Feb 23rd, '13, 16:07

by hopeofdawn » Feb 23rd, '13, 16:07

An old friend, sharing tray-space with a new arrival today ...

My very first Entpot, courtesy of Petr Novak! Finishing off the tail ends of two teas--Malawi White Antler in the Seong-il porcelain pot, and Black Pearl from Mountain Tea to christen Petr's Entpot, which is round and adorable and pours perfectly. :D Plus a lovely stoneware cup to round off things, also courtesy of Petr.

Feb 23rd, '13, 16:24

by Alex » Feb 23rd, '13, 16:24

vacuithe wrote:
I just uploaded a tiny video of my yesterday arrived Yamada Sou shudei kyusu. I just love it ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iayqzflrvis
Wow. Want one even more!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd, '13, 16:51

by David R. » Feb 23rd, '13, 16:51

Be careful Alex... When you have one, you want two, when you have two, you want three, when you have three, you still want more... No one knows where it stops...

Feb 24th, '13, 03:32

by Alex » Feb 24th, '13, 03:32

^-^

Did you get the wood fired yet?

Feb 24th, '13, 05:11

by David R. » Feb 24th, '13, 05:11

Look at the bottom of the previous page...

Feb 24th, '13, 16:16

by Alex » Feb 24th, '13, 16:16

Wow that's a cheeky little shot! :mrgreen:

I'm going to need more pictures :D

Does it brew up the same? As in the clay performing the same.

Feb 24th, '13, 21:57

by Peacock » Feb 24th, '13, 21:57

Awesome video. I really wished I didn't watch it...

Feb 25th, '13, 04:47

by David R. » Feb 25th, '13, 04:47

Alex wrote:Wow that's a cheeky little shot! :mrgreen:

I'm going to need more pictures :D

Does it brew up the same? As in the clay performing the same.
Will post photos/impression soon. I am still in the process of breaking it, but initial feeling is... awesome ! The outcome seems different from the Shudei version though. More to come in the following days.

One thing is sure : it is a pretty diffcult teapot to take pictures of. It is in fact far prettier than it looks...
Peacock wrote:Awesome video. I really wished I didn't watch it...
:lol:

Mar 2nd, '13, 07:16

by David R. » Mar 2nd, '13, 07:16

Am I worthy of such a beauty ?

(Master Akiyama's Fuji sencha from Postcard teas : umami rich, overall very balanced, so good.)
Attachments
14.JPG
14.JPG (13.15 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

Mar 5th, '13, 20:38

by Muadeeb » Mar 5th, '13, 20:38

Since I was documenting my teaware anyway, I thought Id share a bunch of photos here. I've been brewing loose leaf tea for years, western style. I just got into gong fu brewing 2 months ago, and have tried to build up an inexpensive collection of functional items via Ebay that I can learn with. I have no idea if there is a photo limit for these posts, so please forgive me if this is too long.

First, my favorite place to drink tea in the backyard, perfect for watching the gorgeous San Diego sunsets:

The family portrait:

None of my pots are more than $12. In fact, the most expensive piece was the tea tray at $40. I didn't try to make these photos overly pretty, mostly they're just to document what I started with and how they progress through use.

My first pot is this 150ml Shuiping style. Thin walled, but that's all the info I have on it. I pair it with lighter oolongs and TKY.

It has a ball filter with tiny holes and poured really slow, until I hammered a nail in through the spout to punch a hole in the bottom side of the filter. You can't see the hole, and now it pours like a champ.

For dark oolongs, I chose this 130ml pot with thicker walls and a lower profile. I didn't notice the yin yang design on the lid when I purchased it, if I had, I would not have bought it.

This little 50ml pot I use for my more expensive teas and have been getting a bit drunk off of him.

I bought Mr. Panda because I was drawn to his quiet dignity, but he doesn't seem to brew very good tea, so he stays on the shelf.

My friend gifted me my first celadon cups last week, and I've been using one like crazy. Take a guess which one.

When I'm not using my tea tray, I use this bowl and saucers. I stumbled across them at a clearance sale and stocked up, 4 for $5. I bought a bunch of saucers, but only one bowl. When I went back a couple days later, they were all sold out, of course.

With so many saucers, I got the bright idea to sacrifice one as a little boat for the pot. Drilling the hole was harder than I thought, but it drains into the bowl quite nicely. Turning it upside down give a smaller diameter lip which holds the pots better.

Of course, most of my tea is drunk in front of the computer while browsing TeaChat. The teapot shelf is actually a display case of a tea brick.

Now back to boiling some more water.

Mar 6th, '13, 03:05
Vendor Member

by blairswhitaker » Mar 6th, '13, 03:05

Muadeeb you must be familiar with Mad Monk Tea in ocean beach? I am one of the regulars there. I also like the leaf and kettle in del mar. good learners set up you have going on.

+ Post Reply