Oct 30th, '14, 22:23

Re: Best Supporting Teaware(s)!

by BW85 » Oct 30th, '14, 22:23

kyarazen wrote:
drinking_teas wrote:i'd like to give a big shout out to my pyrex glass bowl aka my pyrex glass tea boat

pics soon
sounds awesome!

i use schott beakers as a gong dao bei usually :D
Haha I use a beaker as well... I have several glass chahai but the beaker is only 140 ml so it matches with the smaller teapots more than the 250ml chahai

Oct 31st, '14, 08:13

by alix » Oct 31st, '14, 08:13

Where I can buy great quality yixing?

Oct 31st, '14, 08:44

by drinking_teas » Oct 31st, '14, 08:44

alix wrote:Where I can buy great quality yixing?
I bought one of mine from the TeaSwap section of here, check that out

Oct 31st, '14, 10:27
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 31st, '14, 10:27

drinking_tea, Do you live in New York City?

Oct 31st, '14, 17:06

by drinking_teas » Oct 31st, '14, 17:06

ethan wrote:drinking_tea, Do you live in New York City?
close enough to NYC. why do you ask?

Oct 31st, '14, 19:13
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 31st, '14, 19:13

drinking_tea:

On TeaChat I've read of yixing pots for sale in Chinatown section of Flushing. You might want to look there; however, I realize that one walking into a shop & into the world of yixing being sold for profit is difficult.

I think many teachatters who sell pots just want their investment back & to clear their shelves. I've bought, swapped, & sold finding people here to be honest.

I might want to sell one of my yixing teapots. It is pre-Cultural Revolution that I will sell if my Chirstmas sales season looks bleak (which I won't guage until Nov. 16th). The pot is only about 60 years old but is a copy of a style popular a hundred years earlier than that. I listed its twin on ebay a couple of months back & sold it rather easily. I am not an expert but examination by people who who should know said it is what I was told it is. I say the pot is made of hard-to-find "desired clay"; &, the collector who bought this teapot's twin from me was completely happy w/ the purchase. It's never been used & honestly I am not comfortable using "precious" teaware while I am so broke that if I broke the pot, it would seem like a "disaster".

Please let us all know if you find a pot. If you don't, & I need $, we might end up helping each other. Good luck.

Oct 31st, '14, 19:30

by drinking_teas » Oct 31st, '14, 19:30

ethan wrote:drinking_tea:

On TeaChat I've read of yixing pots for sale in Chinatown section of Flushing. You might want to look there; however, I realize that one walking into a shop & into the world of yixing being sold for profit is difficult.

I think many teachatters who sell pots just want their investment back & to clear their shelves. I've bought, swapped, & sold finding people here to be honest.

I might want to sell one of my yixing teapots. It is pre-Cultural Revolution that I will sell if my Chirstmas sales season looks bleak (which I won't guage until Nov. 16th). The pot is only about 60 years old but is a copy of a style popular a hundred years earlier than that. I listed its twin on ebay a couple of months back & sold it rather easily. I am not an expert but examination by people who who should know said it is what I was told it is. I say the pot is made of hard-to-find "desired clay"; &, the collector who bought this teapot's twin from me was completely happy w/ the purchase. It's never been used & honestly I am not comfortable using "precious" teaware while I am so broke that if I broke the pot, it would seem like a "disaster".

Please let us all know if you find a pot. If you don't, & I need $, we might end up helping each other. Good luck.
Yes I know about Flushing shops, haven't had a chance to dedicate a day to running around Flushing yet though. I also know of a couple of other joints in NYC for Yixing.

The pot I got in particular is something that fit my criteria (decent old clay and 60ml) and had a good price ($60).

Nov 1st, '14, 04:35

by BW85 » Nov 1st, '14, 04:35

ethan wrote:drinking_tea:

Care to share some pictures of the teapot in the yixing show off thread so I/we can admire it? :D

+ Post Reply