Feb 24th, '13, 19:38

Re: Where to buy a real Yixing teapot

by dim_aa » Feb 24th, '13, 19:38

brandon wrote:Doesn't look quite right to me, maybe more like Chaozhou "zhuni."
You might be right Brandon. I'm not quite an expert in this :(

Feb 26th, '13, 14:01

by Mayencm » Feb 26th, '13, 14:01

tingjunkie wrote:For that price range, I'd check out a shop on eBay called Wisdom China. I think this pot in particular might suit you well. This shop sells good entry level pots. Sadly you won't find mid level pots for $40 unless you get VERY lucky.
I bought the teapot at the suggestion that you made and I'm really satisfied. It is a fantastic teapot!

Thank you.

Feb 26th, '13, 23:01

by tingjunkie » Feb 26th, '13, 23:01

Mayencm wrote: I bought the teapot at the suggestion that you made and I'm really satisfied. It is a fantastic teapot!

Thank you.
No doubt! I'm very glad to hear that you like it (and I'm glad at least someone took my advice, if not the original poster. :lol: ) What teas have you tried for the pairing, and what effect has the pot had?

Feb 27th, '13, 13:18

by Mayencm » Feb 27th, '13, 13:18

tingjunkie wrote:
Mayencm wrote: I bought the teapot at the suggestion that you made and I'm really satisfied. It is a fantastic teapot!

Thank you.
No doubt! I'm very glad to hear that you like it (and I'm glad at least someone took my advice, if not the original poster. :lol: ) What teas have you tried for the pairing, and what effect has the pot had?
I am a novice in the world of tea. I follow the advice I find on the net that seem legit because here in Spain there is no custom of drinking tea and do not know where to turn.
I received the teapot that a couple of days. I was amazed at the quality of its appearance, so nice touch. Saw that has a capacity of 85 ml. filled to the rim and the lid fits perfectly not leaking anything. Also quick to pour. Well when I look over my favorite.

I first washed in plain water and boiled for half an hour and I left it to cool in the water. Then I decided that this little pot devoted to the raw puerh, which is a tea that I really like, so I put about 5 grams in it, filled it with boiling water and I left the tea stand overnight. This morning I emptied and rinsed in water after I left dry.
I hope I was not mistaken in the preparation.
Tomorrow will prepare my first tea in it. We will comment on the result. However advance already still only tell if the tea I like more or less in a way that other but do not appreciate the nuances.
I am very grateful for your advice. :D
Sorry but I do not know the English translation and translate with google.

Feb 27th, '13, 17:58

by tingjunkie » Feb 27th, '13, 17:58

Sounds like you prepped the pot correctly. There are lots of "correct" ways to do it.

Good luck with the tea pairing. I just noticed the shop has four different pots all the same size in this same clay. It's not qingshui ni clay at all, but whatever it is looks decent enough. Very tempting to buy the whole set. If those four pots were made from this clay I'd have bought them already! Let us know how the teapot handles one of your favorite teas.

Feb 27th, '13, 22:23

by javi_sanchez » Feb 27th, '13, 22:23

So jealous that I didn't see you guys were meeting up in NYC. I just got a cheap yixing from Yunnan Sourcing and am starting to prep it. Hopefully this all works out.

Feb 28th, '13, 13:43

by Mayencm » Feb 28th, '13, 13:43

tingjunkie wrote:Sounds like you prepped the pot correctly. There are lots of "correct" ways to do it.

Good luck with the tea pairing. I just noticed the shop has four different pots all the same size in this same clay. It's not qingshui ni clay at all, but whatever it is looks decent enough. Very tempting to buy the whole set. If those four pots were made from this clay I'd have bought them already! Let us know how the teapot handles one of your favorite teas.
The teapot has responded well and I liked the tea. So definitely be using it for raw puerh. I suppose that over time will further improve. I regret not being able to explain the nuances of tea flavor. :D

Mar 1st, '13, 23:27

by dim_aa » Mar 1st, '13, 23:27

I visited the Flushing Mall store today and got a new pot. I'll post pictures of it later. And here are pictures of new small-sized stock.
Attachments
photo(3).JPG
photo(3).JPG (34.32 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
photo(2).JPG
photo(2).JPG (34.34 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG (37.96 KiB) Viewed 1311 times

Mar 1st, '13, 23:29

by dim_aa » Mar 1st, '13, 23:29

Here is some more
Attachments
photo(6).JPG
photo(6).JPG (38.88 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
photo(5).JPG
photo(5).JPG (35.21 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
photo(4).JPG
photo(4).JPG (32.27 KiB) Viewed 1311 times

Mar 1st, '13, 23:30

by dim_aa » Mar 1st, '13, 23:30

And more :)
Sorry for my finger
Attachments
photo(9).JPG
photo(9).JPG (37.74 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
photo(8).JPG
photo(8).JPG (33.71 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
photo(7).JPG
photo(7).JPG (31.97 KiB) Viewed 1310 times

Mar 2nd, '13, 01:11

by tingjunkie » Mar 2nd, '13, 01:11

Thanks for the update! What's the size range of these pots?

It may just be the flash from the camera, but many of his pots seem a bit too shiny. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person. As far as shapes go, you snagged the best looking one on your previous trip there! :wink:

EDIT: Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I think it's just the camera flash... except for that fang gu shaped pot. Not sure what's up with that one. :D

Mar 2nd, '13, 02:37

by dim_aa » Mar 2nd, '13, 02:37

You are welcome Mike.
tingjunkie wrote: What's the size range of these pots?
I would say 120ml-200ml
tingjunkie wrote:
It may just be the flash from the camera, but many of his pots seem a bit too shiny.
It's the flash. His shop is located in a hallway and the lighting there is pretty bad. He even has a small flash light to inspect his pots. :lol:
tingjunkie wrote: I think it's just the camera flash... except for that fang gu shaped pot. Not sure what's up with that one. :D
It is shiny. :D Good eye :shock: This one his own used pot, which was in use for some time and it is up for sale. It's been well seasoned and polished with a cloth. In person, it looks as it was made from granite. :)

+ Post Reply