Sep 8th, '14, 19:25

Re: My dragon family and a question regarding two... (yixing)

by daidokorocha » Sep 8th, '14, 19:25

Chotto... any chance of fixing the pictures? I'd be interested in seeing what all the talk was about.

Oct 30th, '14, 23:03

by heliospace » Oct 30th, '14, 23:03

Well, after dealing with my silly copy shi fusheng fiasco, and their low quality clay, I found one of much higher quality all the way around. Clay, design and execution, but it is approximately 3-4x larger. I have yet to measure the pour. Can anyone identify the chop mark on the underside of the lid? I've not seen any with such a handle or spout, so this piques my curiosity even more so. Typically, they have "scales" on the handle and the spout and handles are rounded. The spout and handle on this one is hexagon shaped and very well executed. The only thing I find missing on here is a well executed dragon foot. ;) But unlike my copy, this dragon has horns!!! So, because it is so large, does this also speak to the time period it was likely made?

Oct 30th, '14, 23:45

by kyarazen » Oct 30th, '14, 23:45

workmanship and design is modern

the seal reads "ke xin" from chu kexin, which suggests that its an object inspired by chu kexin than being made by him

Oct 31st, '14, 00:47

by heliospace » Oct 31st, '14, 00:47

This was the box it came in. Perhaps the tag can help identify the origin? Thanks for that. I won't complain for the price. Out of curiosity, how far back do these fabric type boxes go? I have amassed a couple of them now. The inside is like a gritted wood on this particular box and others are like cardboard...

Oct 31st, '14, 01:02

by kyarazen » Oct 31st, '14, 01:02

heliospace wrote:This was the box it came in. Perhaps the tag can help identify the origin? Thanks for that. I won't complain for the price. Out of curiosity, how far back do these fabric type boxes go? I have amassed a couple of them now. The inside is like a gritted wood on this particular box and others are like cardboard...

fabric type boxes have been made for a very long time, but for packing zisha pots for export is something not extremely early

if you run your finger under the opening of the pot on the inside, do you feel the presence of a "prefired" ring?

Oct 31st, '14, 01:08

by heliospace » Oct 31st, '14, 01:08

On this particular pot, no. On the "shi fusheng" copy, yes. What would the pre-fired ring indicate over the non pre-fired ring?

Oct 31st, '14, 01:55

by Tead Off » Oct 31st, '14, 01:55

Zhu Kexin was a famous modern master. If your pot is real, which it probably is not, it would be worth a lot of money. Many copies of famous master pots exist in the market at many price levels. Just enjoy its design and hope that it brews good tea. :D

Oct 31st, '14, 08:51

by heliospace » Oct 31st, '14, 08:51

Well, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I didn't have any idea, just that it appeared more well made than my fake fushengs that apparently have that pre-fired ring in there. Actually, I went through all my yixing after reading about this, and interestingly enough, only the shi fusheng copy has that firing ring, or at least from what I can tell. It appears to be a solid ring on the inside right below the rim.

Either way, it didn't cost a song and was rather inexpensive. If it was worth a song, cool. It looks great in the cabinet with the other artisan teapots I have, but it is definitely the largest at ~360ml.

Cheers!

+ Post Reply