Apr 21st, '14, 14:03

Re: Purion teapots

by kyarazen » Apr 21st, '14, 14:03

Ratbert wrote:Brought my newly acquired 2011 Year of the Rabbit Purion pot by Lins Ceramics to my regular tea shop recently to test a few different teas with it.

Overall, it seem that it was a very "give and take" kinda pot. A little bit of the tea's profile was usually compromised, but because the pot added some sweetness to the water, it somehow gave back something to even things out.

It worked better for stuff like Liu Bao, and roasted oolongs.
As for jade oolong types, i found it impacted the tea very negatively.

I'm still feeling a bit conflicted about the pot. Because i feel like it sometimes enhances the tea by artificial means, and i'm not sure whether i like that or not. Perhaps an issue is the pot is still new, so maybe i need to use it a few more times before it will show me it's true colour s and potential :D
hehe! you should brew some yancha inside to see what it does to the tea.. :P.. for good or for worse.. :) its one of the pots that i had great fun playing with such sharp characteristics towards how it influences tea (positively/negatively)

Apr 22nd, '14, 07:48

by Ratbert » Apr 22nd, '14, 07:48

kyarazen wrote: hehe! you should brew some yancha inside to see what it does to the tea.. :P.. for good or for worse.. :) its one of the pots that i had great fun playing with such sharp characteristics towards how it influences tea (positively/negatively)
Have tried a few yanchas with it... not very fond of any of the pairings so far to be honest... but so far the ones i have tried are more towards med or heavy roast yanchas, no light ones yet. I'm rather curious to try it with a Feng Huang Dan Cong Mi Lan Xiang that i have though. tried it with one of Hojo's Hohin before where it had a similar effect of adding sweetness to the water, and the pairing was rather positive to me. so hoping the purion will be a good fit for that. :roll:

Apr 22nd, '14, 23:47

by kyarazen » Apr 22nd, '14, 23:47

Ratbert wrote:
kyarazen wrote: hehe! you should brew some yancha inside to see what it does to the tea.. :P.. for good or for worse.. :) its one of the pots that i had great fun playing with such sharp characteristics towards how it influences tea (positively/negatively)
Have tried a few yanchas with it... not very fond of any of the pairings so far to be honest... but so far the ones i have tried are more towards med or heavy roast yanchas, no light ones yet. I'm rather curious to try it with a Feng Huang Dan Cong Mi Lan Xiang that i have though. tried it with one of Hojo's Hohin before where it had a similar effect of adding sweetness to the water, and the pairing was rather positive to me. so hoping the purion will be a good fit for that. :roll:
i've never found a yancha pairing that i liked too.. 8)

Apr 23rd, '14, 02:19

by wyardley » Apr 23rd, '14, 02:19

Never tried one, but more because I don't really care for the design than anything to do with the way they brew tea.

Apr 23rd, '14, 09:30

by Ratbert » Apr 23rd, '14, 09:30

My best Dan Cong + Purion Pot.... not that great... :?

Guess i'll be trying it with Liu Bao again in the coming weeks to see if it's a better fix :)

Apr 24th, '14, 20:18

by Chris418 » Apr 24th, '14, 20:18

I use my Purion teapot with Shu Puer and it works well!

Chris

+ Post Reply