Characters on a teapot near the chop


Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby dan88 » May 3rd, '14, 01:37

Does anyone have any idea what may represent these characters?

Thank you!
Attachments
chop_and_words_01.jpg
chop_and_words_01.jpg (83.66 KiB) Viewed 322 times
User avatar
dan88
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 22nd, '

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby chrl42 » May 3rd, '14, 01:41

It says the pot was made in 2010, other than that, I will pass on to better experts :)
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby dan88 » May 3rd, '14, 02:00

chrl42 wrote:It says the pot was made in 2010, other than that, I will pass on to better experts :)


Thank you for your contribution. I expected that there will be information about the type of clay, or if it is handmade. :) So which column is stated about the production year?
User avatar
dan88
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 22nd, '

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby chrl42 » May 3rd, '14, 02:08

dan88 wrote:
chrl42 wrote:It says the pot was made in 2010, other than that, I will pass on to better experts :)


Thank you for your contribution. I expected that there will be information about the type of clay, or if it is handmade. :) So which column is stated about the production year?

庚寅. I don't think it's a hand-made, the clay looks some kind of mixed type of Hongni/Zhuni...but again..I don't know much. :)
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby MarshalN » May 3rd, '14, 05:27

dan88 wrote:Does anyone have any idea what may represent these characters?

Thank you!


Right side is Winter of 庚寅, which in this case refers to 2010. Then the left side says made by Wei Binzi (衛斌子), which isn't the same as the name in the seal. Probably a nickname for the maker since it starts with the middle character of the seal's name.
User avatar
MarshalN
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mar 15th, '

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby dan88 » May 4th, '14, 18:58

Also I was looking on the internet and here on the forums but didn't find any helpful information about this type of seal. I think it is a dragon seal. Can someone explain how to translate this seal? Any information would be helpfull.
Attachments
tpot_dragon_seal_01.png
tpot_dragon_seal_01.png (158.26 KiB) Viewed 214 times
User avatar
dan88
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 22nd, '

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby chrl42 » May 4th, '14, 19:21

dan88 wrote:Also I was looking on the internet and here on the forums but didn't find any helpful information about this type of seal. I think it is a dragon seal. Can someone explain how to translate this seal? Any information would be helpfull.

Is it Ju Lun Zhu shape?

Image
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby dan88 » May 4th, '14, 19:36

chrl42 wrote:
dan88 wrote:Also I was looking on the internet and here on the forums but didn't find any helpful information about this type of seal. I think it is a dragon seal. Can someone explain how to translate this seal? Any information would be helpfull.

Is it Ju Lun Zhu shape?

Image


Yes, it is. :)
User avatar
dan88
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 22nd, '

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby chrl42 » May 4th, '14, 19:44

dan88 wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
dan88 wrote:Also I was looking on the internet and here on the forums but didn't find any helpful information about this type of seal. I think it is a dragon seal. Can someone explain how to translate this seal? Any information would be helpfull.

Is it Ju Lun Zhu shape?

Image


Yes, it is. :)

Sorry, I misunderstood your request.

That's late-Qing's SE asia exported seals' copy.
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby Tead Off » May 4th, '14, 23:19

chrl42 wrote:
dan88 wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
dan88 wrote:Also I was looking on the internet and here on the forums but didn't find any helpful information about this type of seal. I think it is a dragon seal. Can someone explain how to translate this seal? Any information would be helpfull.

Is it Ju Lun Zhu shape?

Image


Yes, it is. :)

Sorry, I misunderstood your request.

That's late-Qing's SE asia exported seals' copy.

Yes, dragons, rats, Yigong, Gongju, Hui Mengchen inscriptions and poems were all popular base seals and inscriptions on SE Asian exported pots. Now, they have fakes to further complicate matters. I see them here in the market, often.
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3438
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Re: Characters on a teapot near the chop

Postby kyarazen » May 7th, '14, 02:24

dan88 wrote:Also I was looking on the internet and here on the forums but didn't find any helpful information about this type of seal. I think it is a dragon seal. Can someone explain how to translate this seal? Any information would be helpfull.


first seen in the qing dynasty (late perhaps), but up to the 80s there are still potters that use such seals.
User avatar
kyarazen
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1
Location: in your tea closet


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation