Leave loose tea in cup?

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Leave loose tea in cup?

Postby mikeman715 » Feb 7th, '08, 21:25

Ok,this is kind of difficult to word,but when you all drink tea,once you have steeped your tea,either in a cup or travel mug,do you ever just leave the leaves in the cup or are you affraid of the tea getting bitter? I guess this travel mug im looking at doesnt have a way of getting the leaves out.like this one... http://www.amazon.com/Summit-Tea-Compan ... 867&sr=8-4
mikeman715

Postby Wesli » Feb 7th, '08, 21:53

Won't work with sencha :(
Wesli

Postby Chip » Feb 7th, '08, 22:09

You could do a lot better!!! IMHO
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby mikeman715 » Feb 7th, '08, 22:23

Any good suggestions for travel type mugs?
mikeman715

travel mugs

Postby tea knitter » Feb 8th, '08, 00:42

I got a cool one at Ukrop's in Roanoke, VA and I think I've seen it elsewhere as well, but it has a plastic infuser that nests in the top of a double-walled, transparent cup with a cool little handle (on the infuser) that allows you to lift it out when you deem necessary. It also comes with a sipping top that nests also, either with or without the infuser (there are some of us who don't mind over-infusing blacks...) and a lid that is brushed stainless that screws on over the whole shebang. I think it was about 10 bux. Hope this helps.
tea knitter

Postby Space Samurai » Feb 8th, '08, 02:11

From what I understand, the Chinese will drink tea this way, just tossing some leaves in a glass and add water, so you can do it, but I aslo understand this works best with low temperatures and Chinese green tea or white tea. A cup like that might not be as flexible as you want.
Space Samurai

Instant Messenger

Permissions