Jan 15th, '13, 00:35

Re: Where can I buy yixings under 120ml?

by bagua7 » Jan 15th, '13, 00:35

TIM wrote:Please show us your pots from 5000 as examples?
Sure, two random pots:

Yes, the pots came dirty (no shoe polish as claimed in the past), but nothing that a good Yixing pot "service" won't remove. They feel kind of like new right now but a slow maturing and aging process ahead is mandatory before they start performing full-bore. :lol:
Last edited by bagua7 on Jan 15th, '13, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 15th, '13, 10:45
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 15th, '13, 10:45

bagua7 wrote:
Sure, two random pots:

Yes, the pots came dirty (no shoe polish as claimed in the past), but nothing that a good Yixing pot "service" won't remove. They feel kind of like new right now but a slow maturing and aging process ahead is mandatory before they start performing full-bore. :lol:
Thanks for taking the effort to show these, how many did you purchase from 5000? Could you take a closer picture of the inside of first one with the long leg? Sure its interesting. Thank you in advance. Toki

Jan 15th, '13, 11:07

Re: Re:

by gasninja » Jan 15th, '13, 11:07

bagua7 wrote:
ABx wrote:
The reason I have bumped this old thread is to provide factual information to new users enquiring about various Yixing vendors and to put to an end to all rumours that 5000friend pots are either fake or been rubbed with shoe polish, which is just pure hearsay, no real facts. Yixing gossip.
So I just went thru there site. They are selling a few1920's pots for around 40 dollars and a whole mess of 6o's Or older zhuni pots for under thirty dollars. Well they may use real yixing clay. But when you sell a pot as made in such time period with such a clay and it is obvious that neither of those statements are true. Wouldn't that make it a fake :?:

I wish they had some smaller pots though. There are a few that the clay looks pretty good for the price just all to large.

Jan 15th, '13, 12:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 15th, '13, 12:14

... that would be an embellishment! 8)

Jan 15th, '13, 14:36

by Alex » Jan 15th, '13, 14:36

maybe 1920 is another way of saying it was made at 7.20pm the night before :mrgreen:

Jan 15th, '13, 20:33

by bagua7 » Jan 15th, '13, 20:33

TIM wrote:Thanks for taking the effort to show these, how many did you purchase from 5000? Could you take a closer picture of the inside of first one with the long leg? Sure its interesting. Thank you in advance. Toki
You are welcome. Pic added to my last pot; I got four pots from that vendor. Cheers.
Chip wrote:... that would be an embellishment! 8)
Indeed it is! ;)

Jan 15th, '13, 21:09
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 15th, '13, 21:09

bagua7 wrote:
TIM wrote:Thanks for taking the effort to show these, how many did you purchase from 5000? Could you take a closer picture of the inside of first one with the long leg? Sure its interesting. Thank you in advance. Toki
You are welcome. Pic added to my last pot; I got four pots from that vendor. Cheers.
Chip wrote:... that would be an embellishment! 8)
Indeed it is! ;)
Thank you again bagua for sharing those pic. I assumed you brought these less then a year ago. Since you only start having and learning about Yixing teapots from late 2011?

One concern about the inside of that pot, perhaps you could answer. The dark stain right under the spout hole inside your pot was there before your first use?

Jan 15th, '13, 22:51

by bagua7 » Jan 15th, '13, 22:51

It is OK, not a problem at all. Mid-2010 to be more precise. :)

I purchased two pots last month (the ones showing in the photo) and the other two a couple of years ago.

That dark stain you are talking about was a result of me using fine sandpaper to remove a bit of clay sticking out. Most pots have those bits when you first purchase them...I have the habit of removing them. :mrgreen:

Jan 15th, '13, 23:54
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 15th, '13, 23:54

bagua7 wrote:
Image[/url]

If you sanded down the inside as you said, should it be lighter?

Jan 16th, '13, 00:35

Re: Re:

by tingjunkie » Jan 16th, '13, 00:35

bagua7 wrote: SEEM. The key word. Have you purchased and PERSONALLY handled any of their pots? No, you haven't.
You realize you are getting worked up responding to a comment made 5 years ago, right?

Jan 16th, '13, 03:17

by bagua7 » Jan 16th, '13, 03:17

What the!?

OK here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH1GFaw09hk

The finger thing, Toki. :wink:

TJK,

I made that comment to clear things up, nothing personal; so anyone interested in purchasing 5000friend pots can do so without worrying about clay quality, which in my opinion is decent despite the absurd claims and low pricing (a plus I'd say).

Jan 16th, '13, 11:06
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jan 16th, '13, 11:06

bagua7 wrote:What the!?

OK here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH1GFaw09hk

The finger thing, Toki. :wink:
Have you ever think about why there is that dark dirt inside your pot, after you "Clean" it and its still there? Those are oil residual if I am seeing it correctly, and I could be wrong. But if your Tao practicing, Old Clay Qi sensing and Chemical Pot Smashing tells it is alright, then good luck.

We are all trying to help each other here, specially in the yixing selection. There are so many ill-information flowing around, and your "finger to the moon" idea of not even looking at what you have in your hand is certainly not pointing to the right direction to help others. Not long ago, you learnt that there are differences between wheel thrown pot and a yixing pot. Some of the members here did helped you to identify what you had in your hand was not what you think it was.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 95#p233148

I am not trying to discourage you in anyway. I think you have a very light hearted way of dealing with things you dont know or want to know, and thats a good thing. But please be more patience and test it out, look more, read real books about the subject, feel more or perhaps the old tea person with the aged DHP could help you look into the moon more clearly?

Good luck :D

btw. Try boiling that long leg pot from cold water for an hour. Cool the water and you will find a layer of oil on the surface and white waxy stuff sticking on the side of the boiler, clean out and repeat the process again until the boiling water is clean. I would also recommend bleaching the pot after the 2 boiling. That should get rid of the dark thing in your pot. Also, the darken discoloration of the end of the lid leg.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ot#p207679

Jan 16th, '13, 22:33

by BioHorn » Jan 16th, '13, 22:33

I am going to try the boiling with my 5000 Friends pots. Thank you for the suggestion. I am still apprehensive about messing up the bleaching process. :shock:

Jan 17th, '13, 17:44

by bagua7 » Jan 17th, '13, 17:44

Alternatively, try either of the two methods:

1. Soaking them in a solution of water and denture cleaner.
2. Boiling them in water and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).

Good luck! :)

Feb 2nd, '13, 18:13

by etorix » Feb 2nd, '13, 18:13

i have 2 pots from 5000friend

both are apparently old and have interesting maker-studio stamps

far too big for gong-fu-cha, but beautifully made from what appears

to be nice clays, and i really like em, both for their shapes and clay

but they DO smell of boot-polish

if hes now abstaining from this practice i will cheerfully pay what he asks

for a pot i like the look of

+ Post Reply