Sep 25th, '08, 15:46

IngenuiTEA

by cajunwowi » Sep 25th, '08, 15:46

I was planning on giving an IngenuiTEA teapot as a present and just realized that the sampler pack doesn't come with it anymore. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change?

I haven't used my IngenuiTEA teapot in ages but it's really a great way to introduce someone to tea (at a bargain price).

Sep 25th, '08, 15:58

by Pentox » Sep 25th, '08, 15:58

I just popped over to Adagio and it looks like it is how it has been. Make sure you're looking at a starter set and not just the ingenuitea itself.

Sep 25th, '08, 15:59
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Sep 25th, '08, 15:59

It's there, you must have just missed it. :)

http://www.adagio.com/misc/no_risk.html

Sep 25th, '08, 16:04

by cajunwowi » Sep 25th, '08, 16:04

Whew...this has been a long week! Maybe a bit too much caffeine.
Thanks for the help.

These sets make great cheap gifts.

Sep 25th, '08, 16:11

by Victoria » Sep 25th, '08, 16:11

cajunwowi wrote:Whew...this has been a long week! Maybe a bit too much caffeine.
Thanks for the help.

These sets make great cheap gifts.
It's a nice intro, yes. Don't forget to follow up afterwards with
the $5 off coupons!

Last edited by Victoria on Sep 25th, '08, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 25th, '08, 17:32

by geeber1 » Sep 25th, '08, 17:32

I really like my IngenuiTEA, I use it every day. I'm always in a hurry in the morning and this is lots easier than using a "real" teapot. I'm sure that whoever you gift it to will enjoy it. :)

Sep 25th, '08, 18:55

by eor1122 » Sep 25th, '08, 18:55

geeber1 wrote:I really like my IngenuiTEA, I use it every day. I'm always in a hurry in the morning and this is lots easier than using a "real" teapot. I'm sure that whoever you gift it to will enjoy it. :)
I love mine too, I use it all day long. It certainly makes life easy (or at least enjoying tea easier)

Sep 25th, '08, 19:15

by Pentox » Sep 25th, '08, 19:15

I find cleaning them to be a bit of an issue. At least at work where I don't have a garbage disposal it becomes problematic because I can't dump too many leaves down the drain.

Sep 25th, '08, 19:53

by wyardley » Sep 25th, '08, 19:53

Pentox wrote:I find cleaning them to be a bit of an issue. At least at work where I don't have a garbage disposal it becomes problematic because I can't dump too many leaves down the drain.
Uhh I don't think you're supposed to put tea in the garbage disposal when you *do* have one.

I have a garbage disposal at home, but I try to avoid getting all but the tiniest bits of leaf down there.

Sep 25th, '08, 21:10

by cajunwowi » Sep 25th, '08, 21:10

Pentox wrote:I find cleaning them to be a bit of an issue. At least at work where I don't have a garbage disposal it becomes problematic because I can't dump too many leaves down the drain.

i don't use mine that often because I always made a mess getting it home from work. I use the Adagio glass mug and infuser at work now. I really love it. I love that you can admire the color of your tea. I like it doesn't require a second cup. It cleans so easily that I can do it at work if I have to change to a different. And best of all, I don't have to worry about a mess on my desk. The lid flips over and acts as a coaster for the infuser.

I still like the IngenuiTEA...but I recommend the mug if you haven't tried it.

Sep 25th, '08, 21:45

by geeber1 » Sep 25th, '08, 21:45

Do you have the 12 oz. or 16 oz.? I have a 16 oz. mug that I use most mornings but they both look promising!

I scoop the leaves out of my IngenuiTEA with a spoon and then rinse out any tiny bits that remain. I don't find it any harder to clean out than a teapot. I also like how you can see through it and enjoy the tea brewing process.

Sep 25th, '08, 22:33

by cajunwowi » Sep 25th, '08, 22:33

I have the 12 oz mug. I thought the glass was a bit thin when it first arrived but I've been rough on it and it still looks beautiful.

Nov 4th, '08, 17:59

by Rakuras » Nov 4th, '08, 17:59

Pardon the slight thread resurrection but this is a question in the same vein and discussion of the IngenuiTEA item that might spark a bit of interest and concern. Does anyone know what grade of plastic the steeper is made out of? This is mostly a health concern as there is always risk of chemical leech with boiling water in plastic- most commonly in the cheaper plastic of water bottles- and as such it is a general question of interest before I start pestering the manufacturer. Of course, boiling grade plastic is often used elsewhere and so I'm not as concerned with this particular item as I am my current household dish ware so please do pardon me if you see that I'm whistle blowing a bit. Otherwise I do find the larger versions of the IngenuiTEA rather useful as I tend to steep 3-4 cups worth at a time in a coffee urn via archaic bags so the more I know of the items in question the more likely I'll continue using them as often as I currently do. Now back to my random samplings for today.

Nov 4th, '08, 19:29

by Victoria » Nov 4th, '08, 19:29

Well it's not poly carb free if that is what you are asking. Many people who join this board eventually start moving away from this way of brewing. I hope that most who continue to use it are adding water from a kettle and not microwaving to the point of boiling. One study I read suggests that the level decreases with use, so if you have been using it for awhile, the worst is over.

Nov 6th, '08, 18:17

by Rakuras » Nov 6th, '08, 18:17

Victoria wrote:Well it's not poly carb free if that is what you are asking. Many people who join this board eventually start moving away from this way of brewing. I hope that most who continue to use it are adding water from a kettle and not microwaving to the point of boiling. One study I read suggests that the level decreases with use, so if you have been using it for awhile, the worst is over.
If I can find something for easy sampling purposes that will get the whistle blowing relatives of mine off my back (whom send me tea, luckily) to replace my filter purchases I'd be all for it as I've yet to find a flexible strainer that fits into the eight or nine different vessels that I own and carry tea round depending upon what I need to do that day. These steepers are useful but the mild pitfalls run into how long they will last and their health hazard- though all things in life can eventually lead to ill health. Either way, it is useful for now and the knowledge that these containers are made of Polycarbonate leads me to do research on it to further my knowledge. Then again, I've just poor knowledge of teaware in general and I shall slowly invest the time to remove that burden as I'll be pestering this branch of the forum more often than not. Ah well, back to studying.

+ Post Reply