Please vote for your ONE favorite gaiwan in this group!

#1 Victoria
12%
#2 Victoria
5%
#3 Victoria
7%
#4 MarshalN
11%
#5 MarshalN
4%
#6 Cinnamon Kitty
2%
#7 TomVerlain
23%
#8 TIM
37%

Total votes: 84

Feb 4th, '09, 19:12
Scrolling: scrolling

TeaChat Gaiwan Semi-Finals: Poll #1

by Chip » Feb 4th, '09, 19:12

In the semi-final round of the TeaChat Gaiwan Contest, please cast your vote for your favorite gaiwan in each of the 4 semifinal polls. Photos for each semi-final poll are located in each appropriate poll topic for you to review and decide which gaiwan reigns supreme.

PLEASE pay close attention to the "number" in front of each entry since some participants entered multiple entries.

This round of voting will close on Sunday 2/08/09 at 11:59PM The 2 gaiwan with the most votes from each of the 4 polls will advance to the final round. In the event of a tie, all top voted gaiwan will advance, BUT only one gaiwan can advance per participant.

Good luck to all participants. There will also be at least one consolation category that wil be announced, so gaiwan that did NOT advance to the final can still win a prize.

#1 Victoria

This gaiwan is from Pure Puer Tea. According to their description, is entirely hand-crafted
and hand-painted by the An Da Studio of Taiwan. And each one is unique.

#2 Victoria

This is a hand painted peony design painted on very delicate porcelain along with Chinese writing.

I have a pure WHITE submission, but I thought this one was more appropriate to post on the
Chinese New Year due to the characters. They are written around the back side and appear
on the cups as well.

#3 Victoria

A nice white porcelain gaiwan with a lower profile and a contour that looks graceful and also
makes for a great cup.

#4 MarshalN

#5 MarshalN

It's very slightly green -- not quite white. A pretty large gaiwan brewing some young pu that I have.

#6 Cinnamon Kitty

This is my rice porcelain gaiwan.

Side View:

In use:

#7 TomVerlain

I'll toss my gaiwan top in the ring ..... Here is a my only one, not too exotic, for rough and tumble brewing .

and brewing Lia Bao, whose basket it is sitting atop..

#8 TIM

An Old Gaiwan for A Younger Heart.

Last edited by Chip on Feb 12th, '09, 00:17, edited 2 times in total.

Feb 4th, '09, 20:51
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 4th, '09, 20:51

May the best gaiwan win! 8)

If you want to leave a general comment, you may here. No endorsements, please.

Top 2 picks advance to the finals.