Oct 8th, '08, 14:28

by wyardley » Oct 8th, '08, 14:28

lastcoyote wrote:yeah that 'in pursuit' tray looks nice victoria.
i'm liking the wenge wood on the one i mentioned. think white porcelain will look really good on it. it's a pretty good medium sized one too. some of the small bamboo ones with no tray or drainage tube are just too tiny. i like a bit of room to make a mess :wink:

i think the dragon tea house one is a slightly smaller version of the one from Le Palais des Thés
Pyll (of http://phyllsheng.blogspot.com/) has one that should be the same brand as the Dragon Tea House one (from the pictures I was able to see on the inside of the tray), though it's possible that it's just a copy, or that only the tray is from the same company.

His looks very nice in person, and I can attest to the fact that he's been using it for quite some time, and it's still in great shape (he takes good care of his stuff). I borrowed it for the Berkeley puerh tasting event, and got to use it for a while afterwards, and it's a great tray.

The DTH one is only $44, but of course shipping is $27 or something, so unless you're ordering from them already, it might not be a ton cheaper.

Oct 8th, '08, 15:11

by shogun89 » Oct 8th, '08, 15:11

Thanks for the picture, lastcoyote. It does look like a very nice pot, I may have to buy it. BTW I too love you tea table and set up. I was looking at some earlier pictures of your setup with the porcelain teaware, I though all white stuff would look rather weird until I saw your set up. Now I have a set on the way!

Oct 8th, '08, 15:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 8th, '08, 15:26

wyardley, I am leaning toward something with a removable tray, I have mostly file cabinets in my office and nowhere to really hide a bucket, or the drain tube. I realize this cuts down my options.

I also like the look of darker wood and how the teaware looks against it. Yet here is another contender at a good price in lighter wood:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0288078371

Oct 8th, '08, 16:21

by lastcoyote » Oct 8th, '08, 16:21

thanks for the love people :D

i'm currently drinking some sheng pu from this very teapot (well not directly from the teapot that would be painful :lol: )...yum yum.
it's actually my largest yixing pot. not as heavy and thick skinned as my latest smaller 'Da Hong Pao Clay Pomelo' pot from YSLLC, but creates a nice brew none the less.
drinking from my 'singing cup' from tea masters. highly recommended vessel!

i saw that lighter table from yunnan colorful. for me the grill part is a little samey looking to my current table. definitely going to order the wenge one soon from DTH...plus maybe one of these kamjove kettles. anyone know if it's any good? just really need a proper gongfu kettle with a nice long slim spout.

Oct 8th, '08, 16:42

by wyardley » Oct 8th, '08, 16:42

Victoria wrote:wyardley, I am leaning toward something with a removable tray, I have mostly file cabinets in my office and nowhere to really hide a bucket, or the drain tube. I realize this cuts down my options.

I also like the look of darker wood and how the teaware looks against it. Yet here is another contender at a good price in lighter wood:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0288078371
Oh - Ok - you mentioned drains, so I thought you wanted that kind.

Looks like bamboo (which btw isn't technically wood); I don't think it's as graceful looking, and if it's not made right, the bamboo may well crack. Since the pan is plastic, that might not be a huge deal, but I'd personally spend the extra money for the wengé one.

I'm not sure completely how you're supposed to care for the wengé ones -- I know Phyll says he oils his sometimes.

Oct 8th, '08, 17:31

by Victoria » Oct 8th, '08, 17:31

Yeah, I did say drain - but only because my current tray leaks and I can't drain anything. My office furniture is a orange-red beech color so I think a darker tray will be nicer. The question is - do I need it? Ha!

Geek has a wenge one and it looks beautiful.
<sigh>

Oct 8th, '08, 17:55

by lastcoyote » Oct 8th, '08, 17:55

just been looking at geekgirls photos. saw her tea table. think she states that it's sandalwood. is that correct geekgirl? looks well nice. love the little dragon on the table

Oct 8th, '08, 18:19

by Victoria » Oct 8th, '08, 18:19

Sorry, apparently I can't think straight lately.
I must need more tea.

Oct 8th, '08, 18:26

by heavydoom » Oct 8th, '08, 18:26

are you really that geeky, geekgirlunveiled?

Oct 8th, '08, 19:08

by Geekgirl » Oct 8th, '08, 19:08

lastcoyote wrote:just been looking at geekgirls photos. saw her tea table. think she states that it's sandalwood. is that correct geekgirl? looks well nice. love the little dragon on the table
Yep, sandalwood. I got it here in town, and love it. It is well used, and cleans up beautifully. The pan is large and solid, so when I remove it to empty it isn't flimsy or prone to spilling.

heavydoom wrote:are you really that geeky, geekgirlunveiled?
Yes.
:lol:

Oct 9th, '08, 16:40

by Cinnamon Kitty » Oct 9th, '08, 16:40

Here's a few more pictures of my new kyusu from Rikyucha. Shipping was amazingly fast. My teapot arrived in six days directly from Japan. It's unglazed and has about a 5oz capacity.

Oct 9th, '08, 23:35

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 23:35

I love Rikyucha, they are so fast and
have good customer service.

Congratulations on your new post, wow!!!!

Oct 10th, '08, 09:41

by kymidwife » Oct 10th, '08, 09:41

OK, I stand corrected. A pot that gorgeous definitely was worthy of a purchase negotiation with one's partner! Really pretty, I love it. Congrats!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Oct 10th, '08, 10:44

by Cinnamon Kitty » Oct 10th, '08, 10:44

Victoria wrote:I love Rikyucha, they are so fast and have good customer service.

Congratulations on your new post, wow!!!!
kymidwife wrote:OK, I stand corrected. A pot that gorgeous definitely was worthy of a purchase negotiation with one's partner! Really pretty, I love it. Congrats!

Sarah
Thanks!

Oct 12th, '08, 07:56

by artfuldodga » Oct 12th, '08, 07:56

this is probably my favorite cup, nothing special... just kind of vintage. =] its a Hornsea England 1973 Cup.