Sep 12th, '08, 03:37

by Beidao » Sep 12th, '08, 03:37

Bubba_tea wrote:We had some family visit from Finland and they brought us these Arabia cups & matching bowls. Fun & goofy:

I have the second one from the left :) Would have more if they weren't so expensive. Mumin is the best!
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Sep 12th, '08, 08:19

by Ritva » Sep 12th, '08, 08:19

geeber1 wrote:Bubba, those cups are SO adorable. :)
I used to TRY to collect Hippos, they're very hard to find.
Uh.... Those are NOT hippos, they are moomins!!! I have to correct this since I'm Finnish. :wink: They are characters from books and comic strips by Tove Jansson, a Finnish writer and painter.

Sep 12th, '08, 09:54

by geeber1 » Sep 12th, '08, 09:54

:oops: Yeah, I found that out after I googled them. They sure look like hippos! At any rate, they're still adorable :)

I was surprised at how expensive they are!

Sep 12th, '08, 10:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Sep 12th, '08, 10:00

Bubba_tea wrote:Here are my new cups... but they're small so I need some tea buddies in my area to drink with! I ordered these from Bird Pick with the 20% off - and bought some tea, phoenix dan cong... uh.. rough bitter is all I can say.
Bubba, where did you find a 20% off coupon for Bird Pick?

Sep 12th, '08, 12:55

by Bubba_tea » Sep 12th, '08, 12:55

It was on their front page for August - their deal has ended now... dang! But - those cups I bought were only $3.5 and $4, so not too bad.

Yeah... those crazy Finns... sisu! :lol: I don't think anything is cheap in Finland. It was a nice family gift from our kinfolk there and I can't wait till the kids are a little older and I get to take them back for a visit. They also brought chocolate... ug... ate almost half the bar last night... and it's a huge bar... !!

Here's a link to the collection:

http://www.arabia.fi/web/Arabiawww.nsf/ ... lours_mugs

Hey, I'm making Soumalinen pannukakku tomorrow for my guests, bring some sugar and a napkin and we'll eat!

Sep 13th, '08, 03:46

by Ritva » Sep 13th, '08, 03:46

Bubba_tea wrote:Yeah... those crazy Finns... sisu! :lol: I don't think anything is cheap in Finland.
You're quite right about that! However, now that US dollar exchange rate is very favourable to us, it's really cheap to shop eBay.com...
Arabia is THE Finnish tableware factory. It's name is a quarantee of high quality and design. Especially older things, like coffee cups and milk jugs from 1930's to 1960's are really popular and valued. Everyone remembers old Arabia coffee cups that grandma used to have.... When there is an old cup or plate in a thrift shop or flea market the first question is "Is it Arabia?".
Hey, I'm making Soumalinen pannukakku tomorrow for my guests, bring some sugar and a napkin and we'll eat!
Pannukakku ja mansikkahillo (strawberry jam) - delicious!!!

Sep 14th, '08, 20:06

by Victoria » Sep 14th, '08, 20:06

Oh I'm such a sucker for rice designs!! I immediately snapped this lovely one up from Lupicia
in Honolulu and the black chatsku too!

Click for closeup!

Sep 14th, '08, 20:33

by zacstill » Sep 14th, '08, 20:33

East:

West:

cheapo yixing pot and tea table are on the way, should be about 2 weeks. Will post pics when they arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chinese-Bamboo-Gong ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Round-Xi-Shi-Hei-Ni ... dZViewItem

Sep 16th, '08, 01:00

by Victoria » Sep 16th, '08, 01:00

More new cups!

You can see how very different these cups look in person than the pictures from Dragon Tea House on eBay.
They are more tan than yellow, the color is most accurate in the first pic:

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh76 ... ay%20Cups/

Sep 16th, '08, 01:40

by Geekgirl » Sep 16th, '08, 01:40

Interesting, and a little disappointing that the color is so misleading from a buyer's perspective. I like the cup though.

Sep 16th, '08, 01:52

by Victoria » Sep 16th, '08, 01:52

Yes, I've really been into yellow lately which is what drew me to them.
They looked so vivid and vibrant!
But I still love them in the more neutral color. They have a great
feel to them. :) Sweet little cups.

Sep 16th, '08, 11:52

my small collection

by BrandedInMT » Sep 16th, '08, 11:52

I would love to show you all my little collection, but I have no idea as to how to make that happen. Is there anyone out there that can explain it in simple terms? I'm really not a computer moron, I swear. I do have a photobucket account. Please help me?!

Thanks!

B

Sep 16th, '08, 12:15

Re: my small collection

by Chip » Sep 16th, '08, 12:15

BrandedInMT wrote:I would love to show you all my little collection, but I have no idea as to how to make that happen. Is there anyone out there that can explain it in simple terms? I'm really not a computer moron, I swear. I do have a photobucket account. Please help me?!

Thanks!

B
Try this topic, let us know how you make out.

Image Sharing.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Sep 16th, '08, 20:31

Re: my small collection

by BrandedInMT » Sep 16th, '08, 20:31

Chip wrote:Try this topic, let us know how you make out.
Okay, here goes!

My Hall Aladdin lamp teapots! The first was the yellow that was given to my mom, but she didn't like and therefore deemed me worthy enough, lol. Actually, I really enjoyed the lines of the piece even tho I'm not a yellow fan. The next "lamp" is where my interest piqued! The black teapot was a Christmas gift from my grandmother. Her grandmother had given it to her for a wedding present (cool, huh?). They are getting harder and more expensive to find, but I look and drool none the less!

Sep 16th, '08, 20:33

by BrandedInMT » Sep 16th, '08, 20:33

I'm so sorry those pics are so BIG. Is there a way to make them smaller so they don't take up half the page? Again everyone, my apologies, but I have to admit...ya can really see'em! LOL.