Adagio TeaV episode 42: Sultry Spiced Apple

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Oct 19th, '09, 10:33
Adagio

Adagio TeaV episode 42: Sultry Spiced Apple

by ilya » Oct 19th, '09, 10:33

Zack reviews an Autumn-themed tea called Sultry Spiced Apple by Brittany Burney that consists of Spiced Apple Chai, Almond and Rum.

This is also the first episode shot with his new 7D camera, so drop him a tweet if you like the new look.

Oct 19th, '09, 22:19

Re: Adagio TeaV episode 42: Sultry Spiced Apple

by beckynoel » Oct 19th, '09, 22:19

There's something about "rum" flavored tea that seems very unappealing to me. The last thing I want to think about tasting when I drink tea is any type of alcohol!

Also, when I make a signature blend, I try to take into consideration which is the strongest and most pronounced flavor, and I try to tone that down a bit to make sure the other flavors come through. I've had blends with chai in the mix and it seems that it's a flavor that can easily over-power others. I like chai, but if I'm going to make a purchase of a blend, I don't want it to taste like just one thing.

So instead of just criticizing, maybe I should be more constructive by explaining what I would do to make a better spiced apple blend: I would make it 40% spiced apple chai, 30% sour apple (herbal), and 30% vanilla (black). I think the vanilla would smooth things out a bit. I think I add vanilla to every blend I make!!

Nov 24th, '09, 15:30

Re: Adagio TeaV episode 42: Sultry Spiced Apple

by silverdoves » Nov 24th, '09, 15:30

I just now realized my blend was reviewed! :) I admit I haven't tried it myself but after hearing the review I'm concerned because I especially wanted the almond flavor to be distinct. Since I'm relatively new to blends, would I reduce the percentage of the Chai and just add more of the almond? Or try another combo? Just want to improve it a bit more. Good to know the warmth is there, though! :)

Thanks for suggestions!

+ Post Reply