Buy a Tea - Help me get a gift for Mom who is in hospital!


Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Buy a Tea - Help me get a gift for Mom who is in hospital!

Postby Aphroditea » Mar 16th, '10, 11:34

Hey fellow Tea-landers!!

My mom has just been put into the hospital for the second time for pneumonia!! :cry: We came down to visit and now we cannot see her because she is in the isolation ward, so I cannot take my son into that part of the hospital.

I would LOVE to put together a tea care package for her- her doctor says hot teas would be good for her and I would like to get her something she can use to brew the tea in the hospital (they don't have anything but I way to heat water).

If you would like to help her (and me) out, please buy her special blend Helen Marie's Garden Mint at http://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/blend.html?blend=11859 and I will use the points to get her something - she is going to be in the hospital for at least a week (maybe longer since one of her doctors is considering surgery to her sinuses to try to prevent these nearly constant infections), but I would like to place the order no later than tomorrow. If you do buy the tea, PM me with your name and I will put it on a card to her!! She is feeling very cranky and lonely right now because my sister is out of the state, my dad has to be at work all day and since I cannot bring my son, I cannot see her either.

Please help make her day! (or week!) Thanks! :D
Aphy (aka Tanya Laird)
User avatar
Aphroditea
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Jan 31st, '

Re: Buy a Tea - Help me get a gift for Mom who is in hospital!

Postby RachelC » Mar 16th, '10, 12:11

So sorry to hear about your mom. I really hope she feels better soon and I understand not being able to bring your son in. The same issue with my daughter and grandmother early this year. They both were so sad they couldn't see each other.
User avatar
RachelC
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Jul 27th, '
Location: Chicago

Re: Buy a Tea - Help me get a gift for Mom who is in hospital!

Postby Aphroditea » Mar 16th, '10, 16:44

RachelC wrote:So sorry to hear about your mom. I really hope she feels better soon and I understand not being able to bring your son in. The same issue with my daughter and grandmother early this year. They both were so sad they couldn't see each other.



I understand why they do it, it is just frustrating and grandmothers get cranky without their grandkids and vice verse - I feel like bringing him anyway and telling the doctors and nurses that if they want my mom to get better then they need to let her be with her grandson because cranky depression certainly isn't going to help her get better! :evil: :roll:

*sigh* My son is already putting together some special things for her. I feel like this whole day has been arts and crafts day! :wink:
User avatar
Aphroditea
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Jan 31st, '

Re: Buy a Tea - Help me get a gift for Mom who is in hospital!

Postby EleanorJustice » Mar 17th, '10, 20:27

Aphroditea wrote:I would LOVE to put together a tea care package for her- her doctor says hot teas would be good for her and I would like to get her something she can use to brew the tea in the hospital (they don't have anything but I way to heat water).


Oh, bummer -- I'm so sorry to hear that, and I send warm fuzzies to both of you! (I know how rough it is to have your mom in the hospital, and I hope she feels better very soon)

I also wanted to suggest grabbing a box of Adagio's empty tea bags -- a box of 100 is like, $3, and make it *so* easy to brew tea anywhere you've got hot water and a cup.
User avatar
EleanorJustice
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Jan 26th, '
Location: Baltimore, Maryland

Re: Buy a Tea - Help me get a gift for Mom who is in hospital!

Postby Aphroditea » Mar 19th, '10, 12:29

Thank you everyone for your well wishes - they have been passed on. The good news is, although there is surgery pending, my mom has been allowed to come home! She really appreciates the warmth and caring shared with her.

Thank you again!
User avatar
Aphroditea
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Jan 31st, '

Re: Buy a Tea - Help me get a gift for Mom who is in hospital!

Postby EleanorJustice » Mar 19th, '10, 23:40

Aphroditea wrote:Thank you everyone for your well wishes - they have been passed on. The good news is, although there is surgery pending, my mom has been allowed to come home! She really appreciates the warmth and caring shared with her.

Thank you again!


Oh that's wonderful! Here's to her surgery going even more smoothly than anyone expects, and a speedy recovery (with lots of tasty tea :)
User avatar
EleanorJustice
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Jan 26th, '
Location: Baltimore, Maryland


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation