LeAnn's Warm Smell of Colitas

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

May 28th, '08, 19:46

LeAnn's Warm Smell of Colitas

by kymidwife » May 28th, '08, 19:46

OK... the signature blend feature really grabbed me. I've made quite a few, and I'm in the process of working my way through them. I made one for my best friend, LeAnn, and I'm sipping it now, and it's SO good, I wanted to share with you all.

LeAnn and I are the biggest fans in the world of the legendary rock band, The Eagles. To honor "the boys" as we affectionately refer to them, I made LeAnn a tea blend called "Warm Smell of Colitas" in reference to the line from Hotel California.

The teas in this blend are citron green, white tropic, and berry blend. I brewed it up and tried it hot, and it was more lemony than I expected, with light fruity/tropical undertones. I liked it... and LeAnn will love it because she loves hot tea with lemon. Then I put it over ice, and mmmmmmmm... I enjoyed it much better. The lemon mellowed down and the flavors of the other fruits and the coconut came out much more clearly.

It has a really incredible aroma, and I think the end result is a very soft, smooth, tropical delight that I would really enjoy for a summertime iced tea. If anyone tries it, I would love to hear feedback.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

May 28th, '08, 20:39

Re: LeAnn's Warm Smell of Colitas

by henley » May 28th, '08, 20:39

kymidwife wrote:LeAnn and I are the biggest fans in the world of the legendary rock band, The Eagles. To honor "the boys" as we affectionately refer to them, I made LeAnn a tea blend called "Warm Smell of Colitas" in reference to the line from Hotel California.
Hmmm... I've never heard of that band before...Image

May 28th, '08, 20:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » May 28th, '08, 20:45

henley wrote:
kymidwife wrote:LeAnn and I are the biggest fans in the world of the legendary rock band, The Eagles. To honor "the boys" as we affectionately refer to them, I made LeAnn a tea blend called "Warm Smell of Colitas" in reference to the line from Hotel California.
Hmmm... I've never heard of that band before...Image
Henley, that statement would probably have more impact with your previous avatar.

There certainly was much controversy about what "Colitas" really was when that song came out, but I'm sure it wasn't a fruit tea. :wink:

Very nice tribute though, I hope it does well!

May 28th, '08, 21:05

What are colitas?

by kymidwife » May 28th, '08, 21:05

Henley... great name!

LeAnn's cat is named Henley... another named JoeJoe too. ;)

We just saw the boys in Atlanta... hoping to see them again in September in Chicago. The new album material was really awesome live... and the old stuff was as amazing as ever. I never get tired of them.

So... colitas... all the years I was growing up listening to Hotel California, I always thought Colitas were some kind of fragrant flower. Then I did some research on it and realized I'd missed the point... duh, I should have known it related to weed.

Urban dictionary online says: "A wonderful pine smelling canabis that is grown in the mountains of Northern California. When smoked it gives the warm smell of christmas trees. The buds are long and very clean. Some of the best weed I have ever had the pleasure of smoking. It had a very strong level of THC and gave a powerful buzz. Back in "78" it was a hot comodity don't even know if it is still around."

Now, does my tea smell like Colitas? Probably not! But it's green and fragrant and makes you feel mellow. That's good enough for me. But drink it, don't smoke it. 8)

May 28th, '08, 21:11

Re: What are colitas?

by henley » May 28th, '08, 21:11

kymidwife wrote:We just saw the boys in Atlanta... hoping to see them again in September in Chicago. The new album material was really awesome live... and the old stuff was as amazing as ever. I never get tired of them.
You have a PM. What night were you there? We went on Saturday. I snuck my camera into the concert. The quality is not the greatest but it was still fun.

May 28th, '08, 23:17

Henley

by kymidwife » May 28th, '08, 23:17

How did you sneak in the camera?? They were going through bags and purses the night we went! I wanna sneak in a camera the next time, give me your tricks of the trade!

We were there on Friday and nearly froze, but it was SO worth it. September in Chicago.. gonna take it to the limit, one more time. :)

I think I might do a signature series of Eagles tea concoctions...

tequila sunrise... lyin eyes... rocky mountain way... witchy woman... such good names for teas!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

May 28th, '08, 23:34

Re: Henley

by henley » May 28th, '08, 23:34

kymidwife wrote:How did you sneak in the camera?? They were going through bags and purses the night we went! I wanna sneak in a camera the next time, give me your tricks of the trade!
They went thru my totebag, too. I had the camera wrapped up in the blanket. :wink:

May 29th, '08, 00:57

by kymidwife » May 29th, '08, 00:57

Sneaky devil, I like you already.

May 29th, '08, 01:16

by hop_goblin » May 29th, '08, 01:16

kymidwife wrote:OK... the signature blend feature really grabbed me. I've made quite a few, and I'm in the process of working my way through them. I made one for my best friend, LeAnn, and I'm sipping it now, and it's SO good, I wanted to share with you all.

LeAnn and I are the biggest fans in the world of the legendary rock band, The Eagles. To honor "the boys" as we affectionately refer to them, I made LeAnn a tea blend called "Warm Smell of Colitas" in reference to the line from Hotel California.

The teas in this blend are citron green, white tropic, and berry blend. I brewed it up and tried it hot, and it was more lemony than I expected, with light fruity/tropical undertones. I liked it... and LeAnn will love it because she loves hot tea with lemon. Then I put it over ice, and mmmmmmmm... I enjoyed it much better. The lemon mellowed down and the flavors of the other fruits and the coconut came out much more clearly.

It has a really incredible aroma, and I think the end result is a very soft, smooth, tropical delight that I would really enjoy for a summertime iced tea. If anyone tries it, I would love to hear feedback.

Sarah
Very creative! How do Colitas smell. I have never seen one before

May 29th, '08, 09:13

by kymidwife » May 29th, '08, 09:13

Hops,

See previous post from Urban Dictionary on what colitas "really" smell like. I had to look it up because I am far too innocent to have personal experience with such things.

:roll: <whistle>

Sarah

May 29th, '08, 09:25

by hop_goblin » May 29th, '08, 09:25

kymidwife wrote:Hops,

See previous post from Urban Dictionary on what colitas "really" smell like. I had to look it up because I am far too innocent to have personal experience with such things.

:roll: <whistle>

Sarah
OMG, never thought that it was that! I thought it was a mexican flower of some sort! lol.. Colitas means "tiny butts" in spanish. Bwhaahaa

May 29th, '08, 10:32

by auggy » May 29th, '08, 10:32

I had to pull my iPod out to play Hotel California because of this post. I have "warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air" on a loop in my head! :lol:

May 29th, '08, 14:21

by hop_goblin » May 29th, '08, 14:21

auggy wrote:I had to pull my iPod out to play Hotel California because of this post. I have "warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air" on a loop in my head! :lol:
Yeah, defintely an awesome song! The new rolling stone has the band on the front cover for those interested.

May 29th, '08, 14:27

by henley » May 29th, '08, 14:27

hop_goblin wrote: The new rolling stone has the band on the front cover for those interested.
I've got it (surprise :shock: ) & the article is pretty good. Tells a lot of the band's history & talks a little about the missing original members. Plus there's several pics spanning their career.

May 29th, '08, 14:32

by hop_goblin » May 29th, '08, 14:32

henley wrote:
hop_goblin wrote: The new rolling stone has the band on the front cover for those interested.
I've got it (surprise :shock: ) & the article is pretty good. Tells a lot of the band's history & talks a little about the missing original members. Plus there's several pics spanning their career.
I liked the article as well. The Eagles man! What else is there to say!

+ Post Reply