Tea blends disappearing

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Tea blends disappearing

Postby JennyBakes » Jan 21st, '09, 10:06

Do teas have a limited life in the alphabetical list? Or do your own blends just not show up?
JennyBakes

Postby auggy » Jan 21st, '09, 11:14

I think the blends stay on the alpha list when they are first new and then if they sell one a month. After that, you have to find them by the person that blended them. At least, I think that is what has been said by those in the know.
auggy

Postby Wesli » Jan 21st, '09, 11:17

Limited life. Too many blends, not enough space.
Wesli

Postby chamekke » Jan 21st, '09, 12:12

Even if they don't show on the Signature Blend menu (actually headed Custom Blend Tea), you can still execute a site search.

For example, Firefly Tea no longer appears on the list of signature teas, but you can find it by entering this into the Google search line:

firefly site:www.adagio.com

Just replace "firefly" with the name of the tea you're searching for.
chamekke

Postby JennyBakes » Jan 21st, '09, 12:33

Yes, the Google search works, but not the Adagio site search. Can we petition TPTB to include the signature blends in the site search?
JennyBakes

Searches?

Postby Aphroditea » Jan 22nd, '09, 10:23

chamekke wrote:Even if they don't show on the Signature Blend menu (actually headed Custom Blend Tea), you can still execute a site search.

For example, Firefly Tea no longer appears on the list of signature teas, but you can find it by entering this into the Google search line:

firefly site:www.adagio.com

Just replace "firefly" with the name of the tea you're searching for.

Nice example :) Thanks! I might add, it is no longer on the list because I moved it from the Tanya Laird account to Austin Browncoats and therefore no longer had the big sell numbers on it :( Que sera!

I was thinking....Ilya...perhaps there can be a search option on the page. I have seen that a lot of people get on the IM or here and ask for a certain tea they saw once. If people could do a search it might make it easier and you wouldn't have to go looking up all the requests (of course, I have no actual idea how difficult it might be to IMPLEMENT a search....so, feel free to ignore). And if possible, because I have seen people not know exactly what they are looking for, the engine could produce approximate matches as well.

Eg. I type in Peach Pie (I dunno why I would type this in because I hate peaches, but for argument's sake I have typed it....)

the search engine returns:

Peach Pie
Peach Pie Chai
Peach and Ginger Pie
Peaches and Cream Pie
Peachy Pie
blah blah blah

Anyway, just a thought :D
Aphroditea

Reply.

Postby silvermage2000 » Jan 22nd, '09, 14:13

Yes that search engine makes abit more sense now.
silvermage2000

Instant Messenger

Permissions