Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Apr 15th, '10, 23:48

Re: Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

by msmeghann82 » Apr 15th, '10, 23:48

I'm getting excited to see, sniff and try some teas! Thanks for adding me to the list. I only have one signature blend to add to the box, but it will go in to make up for what I take out to try. This is exciting as it is my first TTB, I've done some swaps on steepster, just no TTB's. Okay, maybe I had a little too much caffeinated tea today... :P

Apr 16th, '10, 22:05

by myemmie » Apr 16th, '10, 22:05

kymidwife wrote:
myemmie wrote:I sent a pm to add the three tins I have to the box pass on 4/5, haven't gotten a response back yet?
I'm so sorry, I thought I responded to your PM. Most participants are making their contributions to the box when they receive it. Aphro and I are both going to restock the box a bit, and then there is only one new participant on the list prior to you, myemmie. If you still want to mail your samples to me so I can add them sooner, I am glad to do so. Just let me know so I can PM you my address.

Sarah
Nah, it's not a big thang. I just thought that's what everyone was supposed to do! No worries. :)

Apr 19th, '10, 09:38

by Aphroditea » Apr 19th, '10, 09:38

Hello!!

I got the box a few days ago- but schoolwork and my other obligations have kept me too busy. I have however managed to add in my teas (I swear there were more teas when the box came back to me than there were when it went!!) So, the box is definately loaded! Sarah - you are going to want to use a new box (you will see what I mean when you see the box). I will try to get the box out today or tomorrow. (I have it all labelled and taped up, just a matter of making time to get the post office)

Then Sarah can load it up some more and we get to start all over again!! More reviews this time!! :mrgreen:

Apr 19th, '10, 13:31

by msmeghann82 » Apr 19th, '10, 13:31

Yay to the addition of new teas. I'm really looking forward to this. Must work hard to clear some space in my cupboard for the Adagio order that is bound to happen after tasting all these blends!

Apr 24th, '10, 11:13

by Aphroditea » Apr 24th, '10, 11:13

The box was sent out on Thursday. Sorry for the delay - I got a stomach virus - fun.

Does anyone on the list have a tin of Wedding Cake? It is my most popular blend, but I do not keep it around, since, ironically it is not really my style, but if someone has it, and would not mind doing so, could you put it in the box? Thanks :)

Aphy (aka Tanya)

Apr 27th, '10, 14:28

by Amaikokonut » Apr 27th, '10, 14:28

Ick, sorry to hear about the virus :(

Wedding Cake has actually been on my "things to consider trying" list (which seems to keep growing as a ridiculous rate) and I plan on ordering a few blends to add to the box before it comes my way anyway, so unless someone else before me has some on hand, I'd be happy to make that part of my order.

That said, is there a more current list of what is (or believed to be) currently in the box so I can just be be sure not to order doubles?

I know I am a ways down on the list but I am still very much looking forward to this :) Besides, it will be an excuse to try my amateur hand at writing reviews!

May 10th, '10, 18:50

by RachelC » May 10th, '10, 18:50

Any word on where the box and where it is expected to go? Not to mention what is in the box? I know I am asking a lot. :D

May 11th, '10, 09:19

by myemmie » May 11th, '10, 09:19

MsMeghan might have tea OD-ed! :D

May 12th, '10, 20:06

by msmeghann82 » May 12th, '10, 20:06

I haven't received it yet, nor been contacted for my address. I assumed it was back with the originater (kymidwife) on the way to silvermage2000.

I hope all is right with kymidwife as it looks like she hasn't been on since her last post on April 27th.

May 13th, '10, 09:53

by Aphroditea » May 13th, '10, 09:53

I sent the box onto Sarah. She has been really busy, but hopefully she will be able to repack the box and send it off. Patience my tea-loving friends :)

May 13th, '10, 10:25

by RachelC » May 13th, '10, 10:25

Thanks very much. Was just curious. :)

May 13th, '10, 19:49

by msmeghann82 » May 13th, '10, 19:49

Thanks, I was getting curious too :)

May 17th, '10, 12:32

by kymidwife » May 17th, '10, 12:32

Hi guys,

My apologies for not posting sooner, I have been away from home for about 2 weeks. The box is with me, awaiting the arrival of some new teas to add before sending forward. I unfortunately didn't get this accomplished before my vacation, but will post as soon as the box is ready to take flight once again.

Sarah

May 21st, '10, 14:37

by kymidwife » May 21st, '10, 14:37

Just to update...

I am counting no less than 58 different teas in the Signature Blends box! Lots of tea!

The fragrance from chai blends and cinnamon is pretty strong as soon as the box is opened. I also noticed that one of my blends which contains no cinnamon had a bit of a cinnamon aroma on the inside of the bag... but when brewed, it tasted fine.

There's no way I can taste all these teas before sending the box forward, so if anyone encounters a tea that is just not good... stale... flavors have weakened, please just discard it. The box has been circulating for over a year now, and while black tea has a great shelf life, I have no idea how well some of the flavorings will hold up.

I will try to make a list of the contents, but,well, there's a boat load of tea here! I will post when the box is repacked and moving forward. :D

Sarah

May 21st, '10, 22:29

by Amaikokonut » May 21st, '10, 22:29

Oh my goodness, that is a ton of tea! This just keeps getting more exciting :)
A list could be useful for those of us (or maybe just me) looking to add in something new, but wow, I would not blame you in the least if it was easiest to just send it onwards. I guessed the variety had grown quite large, but wow. :shock:

+ Post Reply