Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jun 26th, '09, 22:14

by obsidianbladed » Jun 26th, '09, 22:14

I got the box! (Finally... heh. I had some trouble with the Post Office over it. It was too big for my mailbox, but instead of leaving it on my door, they kept taking it back to the office with them. :? )

Anyway, WOW! This is a LOT of tea...
But there's kind of a problem...
All of the teas smell the same now. The scent from the chocolatey and the minty teas have leached into all the other bags. I haven't tasted any of it yet, and I hope it's not all tainted. We'll see. :(

Jun 26th, '09, 23:10

by kymidwife » Jun 26th, '09, 23:10

Sigh... I was alittle afraid of that, especially when they moved from tins to bags. I hope the taste of the teas is not adulterated, and maybe it's just a mingling of sents on the outside of the bags.

This seemed like such a good idea in the beginning! :?

Keep us posted.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 26th, '09, 23:22

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 26th, '09, 23:22

After I put the teas in separate tins (yay for empty Adagio sampler tins!), they regained their own smells and tastes once they got to sit for a bit. The box might all smell alike when you are pulling the bags out, which made it difficult to decide which ones to choose, but after dividing a few into their own tins, I could smell them individually again.

I am glad that the box arrived safely. I was wondering if it got lost enroute south.

Jun 27th, '09, 02:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 27th, '09, 02:19

When I originally rebagged, I tried to keep like teas together: mints with mints, chais with chais, etc. That's why mints especially were grouped in a larger bag together, to isolate the scents. The tins weren't really doing any better at containing the scents. When they were in my house before repackaging, the whole room smelled like chocolate mint. My husband kept asking if I was making cookies.

Maybe if they were grouped and then double bagged by group? This pass has been a tricky one.

Jul 2nd, '09, 22:25

by boywoodhe » Jul 2nd, '09, 22:25

obsidianbladed wrote: Anyway, WOW! This is a LOT of tea...
All of the teas smell the same now. The scent from the chocolatey and the minty teas have leached into all the other bags. I haven't tasted any of it yet, and I hope it's not all tainted. We'll see. :(
obsidianbladed
after you try the tea then let us know if all the smells mixed in the teas.
I'am glad you got the box...let us know what you think about the teas.(after you tasted them)
hugs
woodie

Jul 14th, '09, 19:32

by kymidwife » Jul 14th, '09, 19:32

12 days with no posts... can anyone give a status update on the box please?

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 14th, '09, 19:36

by rspear » Jul 14th, '09, 19:36

I am still waiting on the box and I think I am next on the list but I haven't heard anything. Can't wait to sample the tea!!

Jul 16th, '09, 14:38

by obsidianbladed » Jul 16th, '09, 14:38

Sorry for the delay, everyone.
The teas all taste fine, but the water itself does still smell like mint and chocolate. So... it's not totally tainted, but it's alright.

I'm ready to send it on to the next person, so I'll be PMing them in a few minutes for an address.

Jul 22nd, '09, 15:19

Re: Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

by Artemis » Jul 22nd, '09, 15:19

Woo! I'm on the list. I can't wait.

Jul 28th, '09, 20:28

by rspear » Jul 28th, '09, 20:28

I received the box on Saturday and have been going through everything and there is a LOT in there!! I have sampled about 4 different teas and am really liking what I am trying! I hope to have it out to the next person by the middle of next week. I will keep everyone posted no matter what though.
:lol:

Aug 10th, '09, 19:59

by rspear » Aug 10th, '09, 19:59

There were so many wonderful teas in the box and I have made a wish list of different ones I want to buy!

You do get a definite wave of chocolate mint when you open the box but I didn't have any problems with the teas tasting tainted.I was worried b/c I am not a mint chocolate person but everything tastes fabulous.

I am now getting ready to send the box out to the next person, just waiting on the address.

This was a great idea and glad I could take part! :D :D

Aug 10th, '09, 21:25

by kymidwife » Aug 10th, '09, 21:25

Thanks for the update, and I am very glad to hear that the teas don't all taste like chocolate mint. :D Auggy should be next up, although she has been quiet on the boards lately... we'll see if she responds back soon.

Sarah

Aug 18th, '09, 21:30

by rspear » Aug 18th, '09, 21:30

The box was mailed out yesterday to Auggy and hopefully will be there by the end of the week. The teas were delicious and am working on buying some blends that I have added to my wishlist.

Aug 20th, '09, 09:53

by auggy » Aug 20th, '09, 09:53

Yay! Can't wait to get it! :mrgreen:

Aug 20th, '09, 11:17

by chamekke » Aug 20th, '09, 11:17

I live in Canada so I'm not actually signing up, but I am lurking on this thread just to hear what people think of the signature blends. (Yes, I like to take a walk on the wild side and try the occasional flavoured tea!)

Does anyone have any more comments to make on the signature blends they've tried so far? Because they're only available from Adagio in the ten-dollar, 4-oz tin size (unless a sample size is popped into an existing order as a freebie), I'm usually reluctant to go nuts and order as many as I might be tempted to.

+ Post Reply