Aug 21st, '15, 12:13

Re: Petr Novák - Pots under influence of tea

by debunix » Aug 21st, '15, 12:13

BTW, new wares up on darjeeling.cz site.

Aug 22nd, '15, 05:51

by Fuut » Aug 22nd, '15, 05:51

debunix wrote:BTW, new wares up on darjeeling.cz site.
My mouth starts watering just looking at those tea boards.. dream items :o

Aug 25th, '15, 14:28

by PEARL » Aug 25th, '15, 14:28

hopeofdawn wrote:I'm very glad to see Petr's work getting so much attention, even if it often means you have to be REALLY fast to snag his best work. :mrgreen:
Indeed, one has to be very fast on the trigger as Petr and Mirka's creations are difficult to come by and in high demand. Congrats to those able to snag something from the recent releases and to wet your whistle, a PN White Phoenix teapot and ice crackle bowl with a MR mini tea board.

ImageImage

Thanks Petr and Mirka, now I just NEED a tree bark pot... :lol:

Sep 3rd, '15, 22:44

by hopeofdawn » Sep 3rd, '15, 22:44

My Petr pot arrived today! After much anticipation, I finally liberated my package from the post office, and managed to snap a couple pictures in a bit of sunshine directly after unboxing. :mrgreen:

One thing I didn't realize--all the cups have some beautiful drippies! I hope I get a chance to photograph them properly later on ...

Sep 3rd, '15, 22:57

by kyarazen » Sep 3rd, '15, 22:57

hopeofdawn wrote:My Petr pot arrived today! After much anticipation, I finally liberated my package from the post office, and managed to snap a couple pictures in a bit of sunshine directly after unboxing. :mrgreen:

One thing I didn't realize--all the cups have some beautiful drippies! I hope I get a chance to photograph them properly later on ...
beautiful!!!!!!

Sep 4th, '15, 00:57

by LouPepe » Sep 4th, '15, 00:57

hopeofdawn wrote:My Petr pot arrived today! After much anticipation, I finally liberated my package from the post office, and managed to snap a couple pictures in a bit of sunshine directly after unboxing. :mrgreen:

Lovely!!

I too received some goodies today. A double whammy in fact. Rare to get two packages on the same day. Will post pictures when there is some time :wink:

Sep 4th, '15, 02:48

by Jaymo » Sep 4th, '15, 02:48

That crazing on that glaze looks like it could pick up some cool staining! Nice pot!

Sep 4th, '15, 11:06

by debunix » Sep 4th, '15, 11:06

Nuka pot arrive two days ago, will work to get photos this weekend. Have to bring back Nuka cup to help set the scene.

Sep 6th, '15, 11:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Sep 6th, '15, 11:38

As I posted in the new teaware section, I got a tea roaster from Petr a couple days back and got to take it for a test run.

I also had another secret item in there, but that will have to wait until I have a chance to do some experimentation. Mysterious! :D

Sep 7th, '15, 16:37

by debunix » Sep 7th, '15, 16:37

Nuka pretty

Nuka treat

Nuka pours

Nuka sweet

Sep 9th, '15, 15:19

by Petr Novák » Sep 9th, '15, 15:19

Thank you all for your comments, and of course, for sharing those fresh new pots here. I hope they make good teas and good company to you !
shudaizi wrote:Couple of hours? I emailed within 20 minutes of the email hitting my inbox and both items I wanted most were gone already
Yes, it was very quick! We will try to prepare those potsandtea club offers more offen and put more pieces out there next time...
LouPepe wrote: too received some goodies today. A double whammy in fact. Rare to get two packages on the same day. Will post pictures when there is some time
Looking forward to see your shots! :)
Jaymo wrote:That crazing on that glaze looks like it could pick up some cool staining! Nice pot!
Yes, this glaze is getting stained nicely and very quickly. By tea inside and by hands from outside.
Drax wrote:I also had another secret item in there, but that will have to wait until I have a chance to do some experimentation. Mysterious!
Really curious to see how that mysterious piece will turn out :)
debunix wrote:Nuka pretty
Debunix, as always, great picutres, I really like them. Thank you very much! I am glad that this small nuka pot is with you.

One middle aged puehr cha picture from yesterday...
Firing_8_8_15.jpg
Firing_8_8_15.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 1284 times

Sep 12th, '15, 13:51

by Muadeeb » Sep 12th, '15, 13:51

I asked Petr for a smaller tree bark pot a while back and I finally got it! This one is around 85ml and unglazed. The lid fit is perfect and the pour is fast and strong. The surface is slightly rough, which gives it a really grippy feel. And it's so cute!
IMAG1851.jpg
IMAG1851.jpg (39.62 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
IMAG1848.jpg
IMAG1848.jpg (22.98 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
IMAG1850.jpg
IMAG1850.jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
I'm still getting used to using it, the handles can get really hot on small pots, but it's pouring great roasted oolongs. There's only one thing about it that puzzles me: Petr chose not to put the lid hole in the center of the lid, under the lid handle. The top of the handle is hollowed out so without a hole at the bottom of it, water collects in there after pouring the rinse over the pot and I have to shake it out. Not really a complaint, just an observation.

Sep 14th, '15, 04:21

by Bok » Sep 14th, '15, 04:21

Muadeeb wrote: I'm still getting used to using it, the handles can get really hot on small pots, but it's pouring great roasted oolongs. There's only one thing about it that puzzles me: Petr chose not to put the lid hole in the center of the lid, under the lid handle.
Does not look like a choice to me, more like something unforeseen during the firing process. So many unpredictable things can happen when playing with fire…

Sep 15th, '15, 00:06

by debunix » Sep 15th, '15, 00:06

None of my kysusu or pots by Petr have holes in the center of the lid. They're all off center.

Sep 15th, '15, 00:12

by Jaymo » Sep 15th, '15, 00:12

debunix wrote:None of my kysusu or pots by Petr have holes in the center of the lid. They're all off center.
Same here. I have no problem with that design.

+ Post Reply