Jun 6th, '10, 10:24

Re: Petr Novák - Pots under influence of tea

by Petr Novák » Jun 6th, '10, 10:24

Hi everybody.

Here is new possibility where to see my works and for now directly in US. Tea enthusiast from Texas-Bret Wiley- helps me to show my works on his blog (Do you know his blog-I really like it!) http://teadork.blogspot.com/
Bret_black magda.JPG
Bret_black magda.JPG (27.87 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
bret_Snake skin.JPG
bret_Snake skin.JPG (40.14 KiB) Viewed 1722 times

Jun 6th, '10, 14:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 6th, '10, 14:45

I'm confused, does this mean that you will no longer be offering your new teawares directly (via your "available now" link on your photo album)? Is Bret acting as a middleman?

Jun 6th, '10, 15:28

by Petr Novák » Jun 6th, '10, 15:28

Geekgirl wrote:I'm confused, does this mean that you will no longer be offering your new teawares directly (via your "available now" link on your photo album)? Is Bret acting as a middleman?
HI Geekgirl, Don't be worry- anybody who would like to be in contact with me is wellcome. Bret's blog is another possibility- he is not only "middleman" but someone who understand my pottery and makes it easier -it is safer to send around US and quicker.

May be as some of TeaChaters already know during this summer we are working on rebuilding old property to our new studio and unfortunately "clay has to wait". So my "available now" photo album is really slowly updated:) If some new pots will be available I will for sure let all of you know here.

Jun 6th, '10, 16:09

by Geekgirl » Jun 6th, '10, 16:09

Excellent, thank you!

Jun 6th, '10, 18:22

by Victoria » Jun 6th, '10, 18:22

Thank you for the explanation. Many of us here are used to waiting, it's not so bad. :) It is nice having the opportunity of buying direct from the potter.
I really appreciate that we have that option, thank you. :)

Jun 7th, '10, 00:50

by Chip » Jun 7th, '10, 00:50

Petr, please forgive me, I want us all to understand this, since I still do not either ... :mrgreen:

OK, so ... does this mean you will update your "avalable now" on Picassa (even though slowly at this present time)? And we can still use this as a guide to what you have available for direct sale?

But this blogger will receive "other pieces" that he wants to sell, he has chosen to sell?

Will this blogger be inventorying your works ... he will have them in his possession and will ship to buyers?

And there is a mark up for his service?

Part of the unique nature of TeaChat TeawareArtisans is the direct interaction and dealings between creator and recipient. I would not want to see this change.

Yes, we do buy via etsy, but it is through the artisans' shops. And yes, other artisans here do sell through various outlets ... but here on TC TA they promote direct sales ...

Thank you in advance for helping to make this more clear! :mrgreen:

Jun 7th, '10, 02:27

by Petr Novák » Jun 7th, '10, 02:27

Hi Chip,

Sorry for misleading, I haven't seen this is coming. So lets make it clear...nothing change and I am going to update my "available now" albums or use all direct way to show my works to anybody who is interested, I know that in nature of TeaA forum is not promote "reselers"(and I propably didnť think it through:)
Chip wrote:But this blogger will receive "other pieces" that he wants to sell, he has chosen to sell?

Will this blogger be inventorying your works ... he will have them in his possession and will ship to buyers?

And there is a mark up for his service?
Bret use my pots in his posts about tea and many readers asked how to got something from me- He brought more pieces from me and offer those pots there...

Jun 7th, '10, 09:13

by Chip » Jun 7th, '10, 09:13

Thank you Petr for replying. It is good that this came up, as TAs do sell through various outlets. How this ties in to their relationship with TeaChat is something we will need to work through ... and learn as we go, myself included.

Please understand, I wish you all the best with the dealings you have with the blogger, and an ocassional mention here and there about this arrangement in your topic is certainly and absolutely fine!

Remember, TA was created to promote the Western Artisan. However your topic is not ultimately for promoting the blogger's business ... it is for promoting you and your works, and to interact with this TeaCommunity, and to offer your works to members directly. You have found a rather grey area in what was more black and white. :mrgreen:

As long as the primary focus of your topic is the discussion and displaying of your works. And these works are generally available to members through direct purchase from you, then you are certainly within the scope of TA.

Again that you for being a TeawareArtisan on TeaChat. And always best of luck to you in every outlet available to further your art! :idea:

Jun 13th, '10, 23:17

by shigaraki » Jun 13th, '10, 23:17

I forgot to include Petr's Shino Red Yunomi so here it is:

Jun 13th, '10, 23:38

by debunix » Jun 13th, '10, 23:38

Beautiful compliment to the pot.

Jun 15th, '10, 15:39

by Petr Novák » Jun 15th, '10, 15:39

Thank you Shigaraki for those pictures, I like your style. How does the clay work with tea for you?

Mirka (my girlfriend) have fired bonsai pots for her exhibition in Slovakia so I take a chance and join her with few shiboridashi, cups, teapots...I have taken pictures of them and updated my "available now" album.:
http://picasaweb.google.cz/petrnovakpot

Two set- porcelain body without glaze outside. "Only" colors from flames and ash.
/AvailableNow
porcelain_shiboridashi_sets.jpg
porcelain_shiboridashi_sets.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Two cup with my version of nuka glaze inside-traditional ash glaze
Cups with nuka glaze.jpg
Cups with nuka glaze.jpg (37.72 KiB) Viewed 1558 times

Jun 15th, '10, 22:36

by tea goober » Jun 15th, '10, 22:36

Howdy Everybody,

I am the guy "Tea Goober" who has started to sell Petr's wares through my blog. I never realized that Petr mentioning buying from me as an alternative would cause so much confusion and controversy. Petr is an extrordinary potter whose skill and love for his art is evident in every piece. I certainly understand wanting to buy directly from the source. I,m just wanting to make it easier and less risky (There is not an option for insurance with Chech Republic Mail) for people here in the U.S. Yes, the pieces shown on Tea Goober are clearly labeled as "In Stock" or "In Transit" I,m not trying to promote Tea Goober here and actually, I don't hang out at Tea Chat with any regularity so you probably won't hear from me again. Just trying to bring some clarity to this issue.
Last edited by tea goober on Jun 15th, '10, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 15th, '10, 22:59

by Chip » Jun 15th, '10, 22:59

[Edit: Tea Goober significantly edited his post, taking out the word suspicion, etc. Thus my post might not make complete sense although it did before his edit]

Hi Tea Goober, and welcome back to TeaChat.

Suspicion is not the word at all, I think we were looking for more of an explanation. Please see my last two posts above. Make no mistake about it however, we relish the direct interaction we have with the artisans. I also truly believe it is mutually beneficial as we all learn from the experience.

Please be aware as I stated, a lot of our TeawareArtisans sell through resellers as well as direct. We are just not sure if TeaChat is the proper venue for the promotion of these non direct outlets. But we are considering this.

Thank you for posting and for honoring our forum's rules.

Jun 15th, '10, 23:34

by Victoria » Jun 15th, '10, 23:34

Hello and welcome. Thanks for your explanation. Buying direct from the potter is part of the experience for me. I realize not everyone feels this way. But this forum of Teaware Artisans was created to do just that. For us to get to know the potter and buy direct.

That being said, I know Petr appreciates shipping in bulk as it takes some of the shipping burdens off him. You have showcased his work very nicely, so he is pleased. So it is hard for us to argue that point.

I will choose to continue to buy direct. I hope that we will all have a good selection to choose from. My main concern now is that you may be buying up pieces before I even get to see them. I guess in that case I would have to decide to either buy from you or recommission the piece. Hopefully we can all co-exist and you will have your buyers and the teaware will abound. All to further the growth and work of this potter we have all come to love.

Jun 16th, '10, 03:03

by debunix » Jun 16th, '10, 03:03

Victoria wrote:All to further the growth and work of this potter we have all come to love.
Like those beautiful shiboridashi sets. So subtle and beautiful. And tempting.

+ Post Reply