Feb 25th, '10, 08:48

Re: Petr Novák - Pots under influence of tea

by spittingoutteeth » Feb 25th, '10, 08:48

Petr, my Dobra shop is in Burlington. They have a really nice display of your works with a picture of you next to them. I'll try to take a picture of the display case next time I'm in there.

Feb 25th, '10, 10:18

by Petr Novák » Feb 25th, '10, 10:18

So Spittingouteeth, please send to tea service there my greetings. Actully, one of the gays from the tea room was here last week. It was really nice to meet Vermont people.

Feb 25th, '10, 16:25

by spittingoutteeth » Feb 25th, '10, 16:25

Will do! I'm assuming you meant "guys" from the tearoom? :D

Feb 25th, '10, 16:43

by Petr Novák » Feb 25th, '10, 16:43

sorry, I meant one employee from this tearoom and his friends- enthusiastic tea people.

Mar 1st, '10, 06:11

by Petr Novák » Mar 1st, '10, 06:11

In several posts I introduce a little myself but I am not working alone. Some of you may be visited our website and realized that I share my studio and live space with Miroslava Randová. Presently she is focused on creating of bonsai pots (which you can see here : http://artkeramika.cz/keramikstudio/?lang=en&page=pots ) and in field of tea ware she makes only special pieces. Here are some of her tea tables from last firing .

This is squared tea table with ash glaze. Hohin is my work.
Here is the same table but opened..

She also created some oval tea tables. This one is with clay glaze on it with impressed decoration.

Good thing about these tables is that they not only look very interesting with tea ware on it but they also work pretty well.

Mar 1st, '10, 09:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Mar 1st, '10, 09:18

Petr Novák wrote:In several posts I introduce a little myself but I am not working alone. Some of you may be visited our website and realized that I share my studio and live space with Miroslava Randová. Presently she is focused on creating of bonsai pots (which you can see here : http://artkeramika.cz/keramikstudio/?lang=en&page=pots ) and in field of tea ware she makes only special pieces.Good thing about these tables is that they not only look very interesting with tea ware on it but they also work pretty well.
Oooooh wow, bonsai pots, Chip and I have a beautiful bonsai collection, but not grown in special artisian containers. Although most are Japanese pots! :)

Very beautiful Tea Tables, thanks for sharing MIroslava's work with us Petr! Not only are they great to look at, I am sure they are quite functional.

Mar 1st, '10, 12:28

by spittingoutteeth » Mar 1st, '10, 12:28

Those tea tables are great! Petr, do you only sell pieces to retailers or are your works for sale direct?

Mar 1st, '10, 12:39

by Tead Off » Mar 1st, '10, 12:39

spittingoutteeth wrote:Those tea tables are great! Petr, do you only sell pieces to retailers or are your works for sale direct?
He is selling direct. I bought some things which are enroute.

Mar 2nd, '10, 02:46

by Petr Novák » Mar 2nd, '10, 02:46

Oooooh wow, bonsai pots, Chip and I have a beautiful bonsai collection, but not grown in special artisian containers. Although most are Japanese pots! :)
Mirka works on bonsai pots for several years now. She is from beginning coact with one bonsai expert to create pots which are functional and esthetically good for trees. I only observe it from a side and it is very interesting.

spittingoutteeth: I am glad that you like it. We sell pots also directly. If you will be interested in some, please write to me at keramikakcaji@gmail.com

Mar 2nd, '10, 06:47

by rjiwrth » Mar 2nd, '10, 06:47

Petr Novák wrote:Thank you for welcome.

I have tried to created first photobucket album and you were right -it is quite easy. So here we are:
http://s775.photobucket.com/albums/yy35/Petr_Novak/ . I will edit it and put more there...Does it works like that?

If you will have interest in some particular piece -I mean techniques, history or inspiration- please do not be afraid to ask.
Petr, I would love to place an order or have you work on a piece for me. Do you make the tea boats or is it your partner? I had trouble navigating and understanding the website (I am not too bright with things like that sometimes....as my friends here may have noticed :wink: ). I found one of your pots that I would like to purchase and I really need a clay tea boat. Does that mean you will work on making a piece since you likely don't have them in stock, per say? I wanted to post these questions here rather than simply message you as I thought it might help others who are having the same questions. Lastly, do you ever use horse hair firing? I love your work.
Rebecca

Mar 2nd, '10, 07:21

by Petr Novák » Mar 2nd, '10, 07:21

Hi Rebecca,

Ok, I am going to explain my situation in this, because it is not you who have "trouble navigating and understanding the website" but It is our old, not clearly arranged website.

Although we are full time potters we are usually not able to have many of our works in stock. So if somebody would like to purchase piece from me or my partner Mirka, the best way how to do it is make a copy of the link from our website and describe what do you like on the pot( how big it sould be, material, glaze and so on...). For example: "I like this tea pot" http://artkeramika.cz/keramikstudio/gal ... _konev.JPG

And then I will send you pictures if I have something like that in stock or I will do my best to create such a pot exclusively for you for a next firing. I also cooperate with some eshops and many tearooms but I think that putting links to them here is behind the line of this forum.

The tea boats I put here are Mirkas works and they are still available.

We did horse hair firing but only like a part of our public workshops and personal creations.

Please, if I am still not clear do not be worry to ask again.
Petr

Mar 2nd, '10, 20:16

by rjiwrth » Mar 2nd, '10, 20:16

Petr Novák wrote:Hi Rebecca,

Ok, I am going to explain my situation in this, because it is not you who have "trouble navigating and understanding the website" but It is our old, not clearly arranged website.

Although we are full time potters we are usually not able to have many of our works in stock. So if somebody would like to purchase piece from me or my partner Mirka, the best way how to do it is make a copy of the link from our website and describe what do you like on the pot( how big it sould be, material, glaze and so on...). For example: "I like this tea pot" http://artkeramika.cz/keramikstudio/gal ... _konev.JPG

And then I will send you pictures if I have something like that in stock or I will do my best to create such a pot exclusively for you for a next firing. I also cooperate with some eshops and many tearooms but I think that putting links to them here is behind the line of this forum.

The tea boats I put here are Mirkas works and they are still available.

We did horse hair firing but only like a part of our public workshops and personal creations.

Please, if I am still not clear do not be worry to ask again.
Petr
Petr,
That is very clear and thank-you so much. As you know, I will be ordering some of your beautiful work. I have been searching for the style of your art for a long time. It was made just for me! (ha! Or so I would like to think :wink: )
Rebecca

Mar 3rd, '10, 09:41

by Tead Off » Mar 3rd, '10, 09:41

Here's a lovely Petr Novak 120ml red shino cup with a pale gray interior and lip. Elegantly formed, light in the hand, able to show the color and clarity of the liquor.
Novak 120ml_resize.jpg
the lone drip commands attention
Novak 120ml_resize.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
Novak 120ml 3_resize.jpg
Novak 120ml 3_resize.jpg (37.77 KiB) Viewed 6712 times

Mar 3rd, '10, 21:29

by rjiwrth » Mar 3rd, '10, 21:29

Tead Off- beautiful cups. They look alive in some way. I'd love to see a pic with some bright green liquid in them. YUM!
I selected a hohin, a beautiful and amazing kyusu with cups and also a tea table from Petr (table would be from his lovely wife). Honestly, I am emotionally moved when looking at some of those pieces. I can't wait to touch them!

I believe there is something very, very wrong with me :mrgreen:

Mar 3rd, '10, 22:10

by TokyoB » Mar 3rd, '10, 22:10

rjiwrth wrote:
I believe there is something very, very wrong with me :mrgreen:
Then you're in the right place! :lol: :lol: :lol:

+ Post Reply