Jul 29th, '09, 00:58

update

by coloradopu » Jul 29th, '09, 00:58

Chip wrote:
coloradopu wrote:good choices they do look good together. i would have never thought to group them as you did.
I are brilliant ... :idea:

he is you know

not just back of the bus like us........ :mrgreen:

i added some edits to the pics sort of before and after pics to a few or mostly the tea pots

i will wait till next week to post the remainders on etsy as 7 cups is haveing a vote. i still do not know about their selection or when it will be made...............end of week????? i went by there today and spoke with Greg Fellman and he gave me his card and a macha. nice chap. i sat and drank tea while he and his cashier worked and drank tea. some of the happy tau or happy tocha/tea ???? a puerh tea. i brought it along as it is the latest i have steamed and roasted. it needs a review. Mr. Fellman set me up with my own kettle by the table "warming base and all " which i was so kindly allowed to refill 4 times. it was a nice tea session of about 3.5 hrs "sort of broken up by pesky customers" and rummaging threw the tea ware i brought but it was very nice.

any who thanks for all the support and nice comments

**********************************************tea------chatt-------ers****************

the kiln will be loaded some time by the end of the week another glaze fire

some cups / plates / and the biggest teapot i ever did add too the list of mud pies.

picks to come...........................................................

Aug 1st, '09, 15:58
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: ColoradoPu or Rat Dog Pottery pics of pottery for tea

by Chip » Aug 1st, '09, 15:58

The Yuzamashi (water cooler) and 4 green cups arrived today. Each piece is unique yet form an nice grouping versus a 100% matching homogenous set. They look great together in a somewhat eclectic fashion.

The Yuzamashi is very cool!!! CP has gone out of his way to make smaller pieces and this is definitely an example, this is very precocious. I really love this one!!!

The cups are all very individual although sharing the same basic color. I would not call the pieces delicate, more solid. CP is adapting his craft to our niche and in time I would like to see less weight, not that these are "heavy."

Overall, great pieces that will stand the test of time, very unique, eclectic, handmade "in the USA."

I would recommend giving CP's pieces a try. And I am certain he will entertain some requests.

Aug 1st, '09, 19:01

by coloradopu » Aug 1st, '09, 19:01

great review chip thanks

bye and bye i do have thinner pieces just not in green yet

keep your eye open more to come

and as fare as the tea i got in trade i am enjoying them very much. i would list them here but there are so many. the one i think i will save as my special tea is the 04 dong ding " it doesn't get any better. and if it does i don't know anything about it." all the others are top notch and splendid to drink. as chip has opened a new door to me in greens i will be exploring it with time i may be able to comment on things with practical knowledge. as with puerh greens seem to have a special niche too.

thanks chip great trade!

Cpu
"joe"

Aug 1st, '09, 20:08

by Chip » Aug 1st, '09, 20:08

No, thank you for a great trade! :wink: :lol: :arrow:

Aug 6th, '09, 00:04

by coloradopu » Aug 6th, '09, 00:04

i can now say i have a nice inventory on display as consignment to seven cups tea house in Denver.

i hope those of you here at tea chat that are in Denver will go by seven cups and check out the pottery.

and i invite you to Handel them to see for your self how they feel in the hand.

thanks goes out to the guys with seven cups world wide for the opportunity i have been given.

and thank you to all of you here at tea chat who have given suggestions and have helped to influence my style giving me insight to tea ware. please continue with your comments and polls as i find them valuable tools too say the least.

as you may know i have pottery at Ku cha tea house in boulder too so i would like to extend the same offer to those in boulder Colorado. Ku cha tea was the first to give me the opportunity to consign pottery. i have improved in my skills again thanks to tea chat and the info gained from Quinn during long and delightful tea secessions.Ku cha was there when i was just teaching my self to make tea pots and Quinn provided me with access to his customer base allowing for direct questions to people who drink tea. just like tea chat members they helped me to progress.

for someone who does this as a Hobie and who is eager to learn about new shapes and forms i cant express enough thanks to all who read this and the other posts i have made.

thank y'all
Cpu

Aug 6th, '09, 01:40

by Chip » Aug 6th, '09, 01:40

Congrats to you, may it be mutually beneficial ... and may you become extremely famous so my few pieces become $$$ :D

Aug 6th, '09, 19:13

black brown 1

by coloradopu » Aug 6th, '09, 19:13

Last edited by coloradopu on Aug 6th, '09, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 6th, '09, 19:15

by Chip » Aug 6th, '09, 19:15

Well done CP :!:

I am still looking for a small 4ish ounce kyusu to go with this "set." :wink:

Aug 6th, '09, 19:28

experimental clay

by coloradopu » Aug 6th, '09, 19:28

hand dug clay i processed and mixed with porcelain

they are not for sale but i thought you might want to look at them.

looks like tea pot clay.

i have been working on this for a year now testing etc and this is the first pots i have made with it.

throws like a dream and gets a nice tea patina

look for more of this to come i have a 200 gal tub with raw clay soaking right now will process it over the next few weeks.

i need to have it tested for the bad stuff but so fare i have seen no problems with it yet.

take a look

if you look close you can see some of the cross contamination from the stoneware i use evident by the small white specks

working on this too

Aug 6th, '09, 19:42

by Ebtoulson » Aug 6th, '09, 19:42

nice man, the new stuff looks really good.

Aug 6th, '09, 20:07

by coloradopu » Aug 6th, '09, 20:07

Chip wrote:Well done CP :!:

I am still looking for a small 4ish ounce kyusu to go with this "set." :wink:
when i switch back to stoneware in my pugger i will keep you in mind during the glaze step

i like to do the carving now and have quite a few ideas from dragonflies to dimples and snails and frogs etc all carved

soooooo...... until then man keep watching

Aug 8th, '09, 18:40

experimental clay

by coloradopu » Aug 8th, '09, 18:40

Aug 8th, '09, 21:40

Re: experimental clay

by Geekgirl » Aug 8th, '09, 21:40

coloradopu wrote:hand dug clay i processed and mixed with porcelain

they are not for sale but i thought you might want to look at them.

wow, wonderful! I'm growing more and more appreciative of unglazed clay.

+ Post Reply