May 11th, '09, 12:12

new products of shouzhen workshop/Cheng(2010-1-20))

by finddream2020 » May 11th, '09, 12:12

Now, our workshop make some new teapots,share them with every one.

Zodiac Series:

rat charm teapot

ox patient teapot

tiger sensitive teapot

rabbit articulate teapot

dragon healthy teapot

snake deep teapot

horse popular teapot

goat elegant teapot

monkey clever teapot

dog oyalty

rooster deep thinkers

pig chivalrous teapot

if you want to see more pic about our zodiac teapot, you can go to our website http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/zodiac-teapot-c-31.html

more new teapots:

xianyuan teapot
size:420ml
clay: qingshui ni

yongquan teapot
size:200ml
clay:qingshui ni

yunjianruyi
size:280ml
clay:qingshui ni
Last edited by finddream2020 on Jan 19th, '10, 22:12, edited 11 times in total.

May 11th, '09, 15:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 11th, '09, 15:50

Thank you for posting under TeawareArtisans, Chen. I am looking forward to seeing many "family pots!!!"
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 11th, '09, 17:24

by entropyembrace » May 11th, '09, 17:24

I really like the xishi teapot, easy to find tasting cups to split it for two and I find the form and dark clay to be very attractive. :D

It's a shame I have no teaware budget right now...but from curiosity what kind of tea is it suited for?

May 11th, '09, 17:31

by Herb_Master » May 11th, '09, 17:31

It is nice to see comparisons of the different shaped pots.

I chose xishi based on the appeal of the shape, I am unfamiliar with the special attributes of ziqie ni clay!

For beginners there is a whole maze of different styles to negotiate. Shape, Clay, Thickness and Degree of firing all seem to be regarded as impacting the flavour of the tea, but with so many variables in play at the same time the maze is intricate.

Are all the above shapes used with all the different clays?

Are they made with varying degrees of thickness ?

Does the potter decide on Shape, Clay, and Thickness based on artistic decisions or do some pots get made with a particular type of tea in mind?

I imagine the degree of firing is determined by the clay that is used, but is there some scope for varying the level of firing within the same type of clay?

What is your favourite shape?
Best wishes from Cheshire

May 11th, '09, 22:53

by xuancheng » May 11th, '09, 22:53

I particularly like your Lixing pot. The picture looks as though the shape is perfect. Correct me if I am wrong, but this shape strikes me as fairly uncommon these days. I never see new Lixing, but often see lots of antique ones online. Perhaps they are uncommon because the spout is tricky.

Do you do Zhuni at Shouzhen workshop? I don't think I have ever seen a Lixing that wasn't Zhuni, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.
茶也醉人何必酒?

May 12th, '09, 23:44

by finddream2020 » May 12th, '09, 23:44

xuancheng wrote:I particularly like your Lixing pot. The picture looks as though the shape is perfect. Correct me if I am wrong, but this shape strikes me as fairly uncommon these days. I never see new Lixing, but often see lots of antique ones online. Perhaps they are uncommon because the spout is tricky.

Do you do Zhuni at Shouzhen workshop? I don't think I have ever seen a Lixing that wasn't Zhuni, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.
yes, we do , but zhuni has a low success, about three pots only one to two is ok.

old lixing the most is zhu ni, but lixing only a style, it can use any clay to do.

May 12th, '09, 23:51

by finddream2020 » May 12th, '09, 23:51

entropyembrace wrote:I really like the xishi teapot, easy to find tasting cups to split it for two and I find the form and dark clay to be very attractive. :D

It's a shame I have no teaware budget right now...but from curiosity what kind of tea is it suited for?
this clay suited for any tea, but the best is only use one kinds of tea.

May 13th, '09, 00:14

by finddream2020 » May 13th, '09, 00:14

Herb_Master wrote:It is nice to see comparisons of the different shaped pots.

I chose xishi based on the appeal of the shape, I am unfamiliar with the special attributes of ziqie ni clay!

For beginners there is a whole maze of different styles to negotiate. Shape, Clay, Thickness and Degree of firing all seem to be regarded as impacting the flavour of the tea, but with so many variables in play at the same time the maze is intricate.

Does the potter decide on Shape, Clay, and Thickness based on artistic decisions or do some pots get made with a particular type of tea in mind?

I imagine the degree of firing is determined by the clay that is used, but is there some scope for varying the level of firing within the same type of clay?

the lixing danqing use qingshui ni.

the xishi longdan use ziqie ni

the guayu use duan ni.

they are the same thickness.

these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini, so no particular type of tea.

the fanggu, duo qiu is our favorite pot

May 13th, '09, 08:01

by xuancheng » May 13th, '09, 08:01

[quote=finddream2020]these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini[/quote]

I would love to know more about the clays you have access to.

I would also be interested your Zhuni. What kind of good Zhuni do you have, where was it mined and when? Also, what do you mix it with?

I would also like to know more about your ziqieni. Do you mix it with regular zini? Can you get a pure ziqieni pot, and is there much advantage to pure clay?

I know that most pots, even some quite expensive ones are mixed clay. If this is a trade secret, I understand. But I think having a real Yixing artisan here on teachat is a great opportunity to learn more about about specific clays.[/quote]
茶也醉人何必酒?

May 13th, '09, 12:29

by Herb_Master » May 13th, '09, 12:29

finddream2020 wrote:

the guayu use duan ni.

Thanks, I like both those shapes and have one on the way from you.

But I am not sure if I phrased my question clearly enough. I see that some people rather than use the automatic features of the web site, email you to order specific shape, size and clay. I was wondering which style/ shapes were possible in clays other than those shown on the site or in your post above.

Are you saying (to take one as an example) that the lixing shape is Only made from Qingshui ni and never from other clay?

May 13th, '09, 12:32

by teashionista » May 13th, '09, 12:32

Oh, I love the lixing shape!!! Too bad it wasn't available on your website a week ago--I placed an order for the ball shaped pot... But at least now I know what I want next :D

May 14th, '09, 01:23

by Tead Off » May 14th, '09, 01:23

xuancheng wrote:
finddream2020 wrote:these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini

I would also be interested your Zhuni. What kind of good Zhuni do you have, where was it mined and when? Also, what do you mix it with?

I would also like to know more about your ziqieni. Do you mix it with regular zini? Can you get a pure ziqieni pot, and is there much advantage to pure clay?

I know that most pots, even some quite expensive ones are mixed clay. If this is a trade secret, I understand. But I think having a real Yixing artisan here on teachat is a great opportunity to learn more about about specific clays.
[/quote]

Since this is Chen's thread, it's best if she answers all these questions herself. But, in a private message conversation with her, I asked her what was her best clay. She said di cao qing. And, there were certain pots that could be made with it.

I would imagine that the zhuni is modern and mixed and not high grade as the price would be very expensive.

The workmanship of all these pots look very high. I would like to hear from those users as to which teas work well in her pots. After all, can these beautiful pots give us a beautiful cup of tea?

May 14th, '09, 11:26

by finddream2020 » May 14th, '09, 11:26

xuancheng wrote:
finddream2020 wrote:these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini

I know that most pots, even some quite expensive ones are mixed clay. If this is a trade secret, I understand. But I think having a real Yixing artisan here on teachat is a great opportunity to learn more about about specific clays.
[/quote]

our zhu ni is from huanglong mt . the time is 70-90's. our zhu ni is very pure, not mix with anything.

our ziqie ni is also 90's, is pure ziqie ni not mix with regular zini. ziqie ni is one kind of zini. not mix with regular zini.

May 14th, '09, 11:31

by finddream2020 » May 14th, '09, 11:31

Herb_Master wrote:
finddream2020 wrote:

the guayu use duan ni.

Thanks, I like both those shapes and have one on the way from you.

But I am not sure if I phrased my question clearly enough. I see that some people rather than use the automatic features of the web site, email you to order specific shape, size and clay. I was wondering which style/ shapes were possible in clays other than those shown on the site or in your post above.

Are you saying (to take one as an example) that the lixing shape is Only made from Qingshui ni and never from other clay?
yes, many people email me to order specific shape,size and clay. the style we make only the style show on our site, but you can order special clay and size.
you can order any size and any clay.
if only the different clay, the price is the same except zhuni, but if the different size, the price is high, because we will make it total handmade.
the lixing shape show on our website is qingshui ni but we can use any clay make it according your requirement.

May 14th, '09, 13:17

by Tead Off » May 14th, '09, 13:17

[/quote]
yes, many people email me to order specific shape,size and clay. the style we make only the style show on our site, but you can order special clay and size.
you can order any size and any clay.
if only the different clay, the price is the same except zhuni, but if the different size, the price is high, because we will make it total handmade.
the lixing shape show on our website is qingshui ni but we can use any clay make it according your requirement.[/quote]

Chen. Are only the zhuni pots handmade? How much is a zhuni lixing, for example.

When I asked you what was your best clay you said di cao qing. Better than zhuni?

+ Post Reply