Sep 16th, '11, 20:25

Re: new products of shouzhen workshop/Cheng(2010-1-20))

by finddream2020 » Sep 16th, '11, 20:25

Herb_Master wrote:I am quite impressed with the new qiu shui teapot

Can you give us any detailed information

how does Qiu Shui translate ?

Is this a well known traditional shape?

I'm so sorry for my delayed reply.

Qiu shui pot is made in qing shui ni, in fact it can be made in any other clay if our customers like. It has a capacity of 170 ml.

I don't know if this is the exact translation, but my translation spring of autumn.

This shape is not so well know traditional shape, it in fact is made in the basic of duo qiu, duo zhi and other shapes. :D

Sep 16th, '11, 20:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Sep 16th, '11, 20:39

Thanks, FindDream, 170ml is a little large for my current preferences.

By the way the web site says 160ml.

I hope more 100ml to 120ml sizes will be coming available.

Sep 16th, '11, 21:04

by finddream2020 » Sep 16th, '11, 21:04

Herb_Master wrote:Thanks, FindDream, 170ml is a little large for my current preferences.

By the way the web site says 160ml.

I hope more 100ml to 120ml sizes will be coming available.
Thank you for your suggestions. We do have some small sized pots right now, I will show them later on our website. They really look cute. :)

As for the sizes of all our pots, my apology for the incorrect sizes before. But I have measured all the teapots in my shop. But since we use different clays, some will shrink more while some less during the firing, the size may change a bit. Also, not all the pots are fired at the same tempreture and the same time, which also cause the differences of the sizes. Like this qiu shui pot, the 160 ml one I measured before was sold several months ago, so I just measured this qiu shui pot in our showcase, it's size is about 170 ml.

Sep 16th, '11, 21:24

by Herb_Master » Sep 16th, '11, 21:24

Thanks again Finddream, I am already waiting the right moment when I have money available to order your 120 ml Fang Gu RuYi and Archaised pots, never know which clay to order and other teaware keeps urging me to buy it (like our artisans Guinomis).

I shall look forward to you posting some new smaller teapots.

Sep 17th, '11, 00:27

by finddream2020 » Sep 17th, '11, 00:27

Herb_Master wrote:Thanks again Finddream, I am already waiting the right moment when I have money available to order your 120 ml Fang Gu RuYi and Archaised pots, never know which clay to order and other teaware keeps urging me to buy it (like our artisans Guinomis).

I shall look forward to you posting some new smaller teapots.
Thank you. :)

I have post 4 small sized teapots on my website. And here they are http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/less-than-200ml-c-20.html

Also, my father made a smaller sized lian zi pot. http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/lian-zi-tea-pot-p-164.html
I know it's too large for you, but just take a look.

Thank you.

Oct 29th, '11, 21:27

Chinese Shouzhen Zisha Teapot Christmas 2011 promotion

by bagua7 » Oct 29th, '11, 21:27

Hi everyone,

As a good customer of this Yixing studio, I would like to make the following announcement on their behalf:

"Happy Holidays from zishateapot.co.uk. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer. We would like to let you know that we will be starting our early Christmas promotion between October 25th and Dec 31st.

As our honored customer, you will receive a 5% discount on your order. Orders of $199.00 and over will receive a sample of yixing black tea. On orders of $259.00 or more you will get some tea and free shipping.

Please send payments directly via PayPal. Please enter the word Holiday for your discount. Also please leave a message when paying by PayPal in the message area.

My PayPal account is: chengchensmile@sina.com

Here is the example:

1. If you order the following xi shi pot priced at USD $199 :

http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/chinese-yi ... -p-35.html

165*0.95=156.75, but you just need to pay $156, then 156+17 (shipping cost)= $173, so you just need to pay $173 for total for this pot via PayPal, and you need to add the link for the pot and your shipping address in the message area. We will also send you a sample of tea as promised.

2. If your order is over USD $259 like the following bamboo pot:

http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/chinese-yi ... -p-16.html

Then you just need to pay $341 for total. (359*0.95=341.05), you get 5% off, free shipping as well as some tea!

Hurry this is a limited time offer!

You can contact me via e-mail if you have any questions related to your order: chengjianmingzisha@gmail.com (I’m sorry that there are some problems with our website's mail system).

I will try my best to help you as soon as I can.

Thank you very much for your time and have a wonderful holiday season."

:)

Oct 31st, '11, 05:33

Re: Chinese Shouzhen Zisha Teapot Christmas 2011 promotion

by finddream2020 » Oct 31st, '11, 05:33

bagua7 wrote:Hi everyone,

As a good customer of this Yixing studio, I would like to make the following announcement on their behalf:

"Happy Holidays from zishateapot.co.uk. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer. We would like to let you know that we will be starting our early Christmas promotion between October 25th and Dec 31st.

As our honored customer, you will receive a 5% discount on your order. Orders of $199.00 and over will receive a sample of yixing black tea. On orders of $259.00 or more you will get some tea and free shipping.

Please send payments directly via PayPal. Please enter the word Holiday for your discount. Also please leave a message when paying by PayPal in the message area.

My PayPal account is: chengchensmile@sina.com

Here is the example:

1. If you order the following xi shi pot priced at USD $199 :

http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/chinese-yi ... -p-35.html

165*0.95=156.75, but you just need to pay $156, then 156+17 (shipping cost)= $173, so you just need to pay $173 for total for this pot via PayPal, and you need to add the link for the pot and your shipping address in the message area. We will also send you a sample of tea as promised.

2. If your order is over USD $259 like the following bamboo pot:

http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/chinese-yi ... -p-16.html

Then you just need to pay $341 for total. (359*0.95=341.05), you get 5% off, free shipping as well as some tea!

Hurry this is a limited time offer!

You can contact me via e-mail if you have any questions related to your order: chengjianmingzisha@gmail.com (I’m sorry that there are some problems with our website's mail system).

I will try my best to help you as soon as I can.

Thank you very much for your time and have a wonderful holiday season."

:)

Thank you so much for doing that. It's so kind of you. :)

May 4th, '12, 00:07

by Chip » May 4th, '12, 00:07

Unfortunately, I have had to remove this "artisan" topic from the TA forum and into the archive due to too many problems to ignore ... despite repeated attempts by yours truly to redeem the situation ...

The topic was also full of broken/lost photos (just look at the first post).

Aug 6th, '12, 10:33

To clarify some misunderstandings of Shou Zhen workshop

by finddream2020 » Aug 6th, '12, 10:33

Moderator Edit: "Finddream2020" contacted me via PM and asked permission in advance to post under TeawareArtisans regarding issues brought up on the forum. Permission was granted.

Hello,
I am writing this post in order to clarify any misunderstandings, questions or misconceptions.

My name is Chen Cheng.

I am the only daughter of my father Jianming Cheng. If there is a doubt to who I am, perhaps a member from Teachat who is from Singapore, (who came by to my home this spring,), could clarify as to who I am. Also, I will post some pictures during his stay in Yi Xing since I get his permission to post these photos.

I apologize for not visiting Teachat for quite awhile. I was recently told by a friend that there was a posted complaint about the teapots made by my family. After briefly going over the post I believe that some of the complaints are out of line. I am hoping that my post will shed some light on the matter.

I did receive a PM from Chip but was unable to reply or look at the.post at the time

When I mentioned to Maxwell about an exchange or refund, I informed him that the pot must be packed very well, or he will afford the loss. But he refused to exchange or receive a refund. In the end, I gave him one or two cups, maybe some tea and $10 or $ 15.

But I thought later that the matter had been resolved through the last few emails. I still have all the emails that have been sent between us. I will check to make sure I did not leave anything out about the whole situation. I am sorry that Maxwell didn't like the teapots. It is true that we need improvement both in the area of making teapots and customer service.

However I would like to make clear that all the teapots are made by my family. My Father, Mother and myself. Also a few teapots were also made by my Aunt at the beginning. My father has students but never assistants. All our teapots are made by the one whose stamp is on the bottom of the teapots. My father's stamp is on the bottom of every teapot that he makes himself.
It was a friend who found teachat. It was her picture that was used on the avatar. For some reason people have found it odd. It is no more odd than having ones own picture, an object or pet as an avatar.

She did have access to the teachat account for only a few days. I stopped her as soon as I read the complaint.
The site http://www.cjmzs.cn is not made by us, it was made by a company. So we don't have the authority of its forum. In fact, we even cannot read some of the comments.

Currently I am expanding my knowledge on designing and making different teapots. Due to my current studies I do not have very much time to be on Teachat. I will try to make some more time to visit the forum. I will post some pictures of making handmade and semi-handmade teapots in the future. I do not know if it is allowed to post my teapots here.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.
All the best,
Chen Cheng

Aug 6th, '12, 15:08

Re: To clarify some misunderstandings of Shou Zhen workshop

by Chip » Aug 6th, '12, 15:08

I will merge this newly created topic with the original topic which I had previously locked and moved due to some of these issues.

I will also unlock the topic for comments, discussion.

However, please be civil!

Thank you,
Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate

Aug 6th, '12, 15:26

Re: To clarify some misunderstandings of Shou Zhen workshop

by Chip » Aug 6th, '12, 15:26

finddream2020 wrote:Currently I am expanding my knowledge on designing and making different teapots. Due to my current studies I do not have very much time to be on Teachat. I will try to make some more time to visit the forum. I will post some pictures of making handmade and semi-handmade teapots in the future. I do not know if it is allowed to post my teapots here.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.
All the best,
Chen Cheng
Well, actually TA was created as a direct outlet for an artisan to promote sell his/her works to our membership and non member readership. It was a bit of an exception that this was extended to your family.

So, yes you could sell works you personally create here in this topic.

Aug 6th, '12, 23:14

by Maxwell2079 » Aug 6th, '12, 23:14

When I mentioned to Maxwell about an exchange or refund, I informed him that the pot must be packed very well, or he will afford the loss. But he refused to exchange or receive a refund. In the end, I gave him one or two cups, maybe some tea and $10 or $ 15
You didn't say anything about packing the pots properly, that is simply not true...

What you said was that:" if the pots broke on their way it was my loss", and to me that sounds as do not send them. You refunded me 15 USD because I decided to keep the pots after your unethical answer. You did send me 2 very cheap cups with my first order as a gift, and that had no relation with my complaint after receiving the parcel. You send me no tea whatsoever (you offered me some before I place my first order but that was part of your gift too, but I told you not to send them in case I have problems with the customs in my country, but again that has no relation to my complaint)...

And let's be realistic, since there is no turning back after the tea chatters have seen the pots pictures. The thing here is not that "I didn't like the pots"...
The matter is that they are not properly made and they are outrageously expensive for what they are... The lixing cannot even be called lixing...
My customs pots were certainly not made by "your father" and none will ever doubt that here (I certainly bought that at the beginning), but knowledgeable people here make themselves clear by saying that your father pots are certainly more expensive...

I also gave you a second chance and risk my pocket by buying two more semi-hand made pots. I clearly ask you before sending them to me if the craftsmanship was ok this time and you said :"they were ok"

How do you define "ok"???

Is this ok to you??:

Fangu:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/p1050740v.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/p1050748h.jpg/ (twisted handle)

Han bian:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/p1050711j.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/p1050713g.jpg/ (twisted handle)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44 ... 757fi.jpg/ (tilted knob on lid)

The only way you can improve the current situation ,to a certain extent, is by giving me a refund at least for the lixing , which is the pot with the worst craftsmanship by far and that is undeniable) or send me a new pot.

Aug 6th, '12, 23:49

by Chip » Aug 6th, '12, 23:49

Since you have both had the opportunity to post your point of views and you both obviously want to talk about it ... I would suggest giving direct communication another try.

:idea: :!: :arrow:

Unless you both can agree on a neutral arbitrator to make a final and binding decision, you will have to endeavor work it out between the two of you.

Aug 7th, '12, 00:27

by Maxwell2079 » Aug 7th, '12, 00:27

Since you have both had the opportunity to post your point of views and you both obviously want to talk about it ... I would suggest giving direct communication another try.
Sensible advice Chip.

Chen, I am willing to speak to you privately to get to an arrangement and I will let everybody ,here, know that you try to fix your mistake if I get a satisfactory reply from you.
Please PM me Chen.

Thank you

Aug 7th, '12, 10:23

by finddream2020 » Aug 7th, '12, 10:23

These pictures were taken by a friend who came to Yi Xing this spring. He is also a teachater. :D

+ Post Reply