Sep 18th, '09, 19:43

Re: RedGate Ceramics - Joel Blum (Zygote) - Ceramic picts

by Zygote » Sep 18th, '09, 19:43

Thanks Everybody! The encouragement always helps.
Sorry to disappear like that, time has been flying by. I've been so darn busy the past 2 months, I haven't gotten much a of a chance to keep up with all of my correspondence. I'm currently in the middle of a big push to get a few dozen works done for my BoneOrchard collection in time for regional seasonal events and expositions. Usually this would be no problem, but I've found myself home schooling my 2 critters as well as running my studios and working as the horticultural tech for the local community college. I guess I needed something extra to do.
I'm hoping to get caught up this next week.

Sep 20th, '09, 09:18

by ginkgo » Sep 20th, '09, 09:18

hello !
Nice to see that you are here too because I see your blog and love your crackling glaze , like the one we see here .
I like your way of making , some well-done in the finishig and also a little kind of "foolish" -"fun" - "expressive" in the color and some perosnal doing. Sorry I don't speak so much english and i hope you will undersatand me.
Ginkgo ( switzerland)

Sep 20th, '09, 14:22
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 20th, '09, 14:22

Good te see you again! Hope to see some of your works here soon!

Dec 7th, '09, 01:23
Vendor Member

by IPT » Dec 7th, '09, 01:23

I am the proud owner of this awesome cup by Zygote. It is really cool and a joy to use. I use it every day for my morning cup of milk. My daughter really likes it and insists on using it too.
Attachments
cup.jpg
cup.jpg (11.98 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

Dec 14th, '09, 22:24

by Zygote » Dec 14th, '09, 22:24

Back again... Woof! It's been a crazy good fall for for me and the studio. It's been a juggling act just to keep all of the projects moving forward while keeping a thumb on correspondence.
I woke-up one morning in September and found-out that someone pinned and "Adult" badge on me while I slept. Now find myself temporarily in the role of an organizer and educator in my local ceramic arts community helping our local artist find there footing on-line. Mixed results so far though...
Nico, my 6 year old, shot this video last month and we edited it together... check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrahZETCQ_k

Dec 14th, '09, 23:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Dec 14th, '09, 23:07

How funny that you posted today. I was just thinking of you this morning while using my beautiful sugar bowl. Can't wait to see some new works from you!

Dec 14th, '09, 23:55

by Zygote » Dec 14th, '09, 23:55

Thanks! Hearing that really helped. I'm getting ready for a seasonal secret sale and any vote of confidence helps a lot.

Dec 14th, '09, 23:55

by geeber1 » Dec 14th, '09, 23:55

Wow, Joel, that was awesome! My 10 year old, who wants to be an artist, was fascinated! And how cool that your 6 year old filmed it, he did an excellent job!

Dec 15th, '09, 17:08

by Zygote » Dec 15th, '09, 17:08

Thanks! It's a hoot when she yells "CUT" at the top of her lungs and repositions the camera... so serious.

Dec 26th, '09, 21:32

by Zygote » Dec 26th, '09, 21:32

The "Secret Sale" is on!
If you've been eying something in my FetishGhost Etsy...
http://www.etsy.com/shop/fetishghost
This is a good opportunity to pick it up 20% off the posted cost. Either pick out what you want and don't pay until I re-invoice you, or click on through and I'll refund you the difference through PayPal.
This sale includes the silver!
What's in sale is limited to what's in the storefront, so grab what you have your eye on fast and early.
This sale will be running the 27th through the 31st and it's all first come first serve.

Cheers

+ Post Reply