Apr 28th, '10, 15:17

Re: Wood Fired Ceramics by Bill Perrine (Split-Fire Pottery)

by T-session » Apr 28th, '10, 15:17

Herb Master said: "mmmn, I sort of liked this, even though it is not my usual sort of purchase! But I thought I'd take a look at what else you have anyway.

OK I will buy that pitcher I am growing a collection of fair cups and that should fit in nicely ....

mmmn Postage is cheaper if you buy another item - OK I will have that Yunomi ....

mmmn, why not, I will have this as well!

Now hoping that no more volcanoes erupt andf it can cross the Atlantic "

T-session said: "Thank you for the good laugh! Then I saw you were not joking and really did go to my etsy site to buy all those items!! Thank you" ... and then T-session thought to himself " since I'm sending that package over there anyway, I might as well throw in something else for him for buying all those items... yeah, won't he be pleasantly surprised!! "
Last edited by T-session on Apr 29th, '10, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 28th, '10, 15:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Apr 28th, '10, 15:37

T-session wrote: ...... and then T-session thought to himself " since I'm sending that package over there anyway, I might as well throw in something else for him for buying all those items... yeah, won't he be pleasantly surprised!! "
:D :D :D

Apr 28th, '10, 18:34

by Aphroditea » Apr 28th, '10, 18:34

Bill!!!

I got my surprise package today! Must be mother's day early ;)
This has been a pretty yucky couple of weeks. First I was done with a stomach bug, then just as I was finally over that I got stung by multiple poisonous catepillars and ended up in the ER, then I was finally back on track, but a week behind on working on my dissertation and discovered that the document I had been keeping my notes in was corrupted and completely lost to recovery....but, then today I got my little beauties (and boy are they beautiful!!) and it just made everything so much better.

Thank you! I will try to post some photos very soon so folks can see them! They remind me of fire and ice.....

Apr 29th, '10, 15:04

by T-session » Apr 29th, '10, 15:04

Glad you like them Aphy! ...and that they helped make your day brighter. :D
..."fire and ice" ... hmmm, opposites like the ying and yang of life of which I am a huge believer of... balance... like the misfortunes you've had recently and then your surprise came and helped make your day.

May 1st, '10, 03:04

by bonjiri » May 1st, '10, 03:04

T-session wrote:Hi everyone,
I fired on Friday, even though I was planning on earlier in the week. Took a couple of pictures along the way. I thought some had artistic merit, Cory is the photographer, what do you think Cory? I would welcome your critique.
Image First color...
Image Cone 12 going down...

Got a peek in there this morning and it looks like a great firing! I can't wait to open it up and see all my hard work come to fruition. I made sure I placed pieces where I thought they would do best. I also reduced well to give my Oxbloods a strong red, my shinos the variation I like and the other glazes their best colors. Our fingers are crossed.
Cheers,
Bill
bill

beautiful photographs !

wow !

i love pics of the inside of the kiln !

great job !
wonderful !

c

May 1st, '10, 23:01

by T-session » May 1st, '10, 23:01

Thanks Cory! I have t-shirts being made that includes one of those cone 12 pictures- with my website on it. They should be here any day :D. I wanted to post a couple of pictures from new listings. I really like these with the "trees background" in the sunlight instead of the boards, that are gray now... and these hold 5 oz. Good size ? ...tea friends. 7-8 oz. better?

I'll have more tomorrow.

May 1st, '10, 23:50

by brian » May 1st, '10, 23:50

T-session wrote:and these hold 5 oz. Good size ? ...tea friends. 7-8 oz. better?
You'll probably get answers all over the place, but as I mentioned in our PM conversation, 6-8 oz is roughly what I'm looking for right now. I'm mostly brewing Japanese green, usually for 2 people, in a 9 oz kyusu, so I get 2 cups of 4-ish oz each. I like the cup somewhere from 1/2 to 3/4 full, so a 6-8 oz cup is a good fit. I find that size of cup a good fit in the hand, that that amount of tea is comfortable to consume and I can finish it before it cools off too much. I was seriously tempted by some of the bigger 12+ oz yunomi that you had earlier on your etsy site, but they were a bit large so I watched and waited. Glad I did! :D

May 2nd, '10, 10:08

by T-session » May 2nd, '10, 10:08

Thanks Brian, I am glad I ask because I didn't realize about the half full and the size of kyusu's. I realize that everybody will have different customs or likes but the more information I hear, the better I can service people. I like making the pottery and I might as well make pieces that others can enjoy using. I guess it's like taking a poll and I can lean toward having 3-4 popular sizes and just staying with those. And to think, not to long ago I didn't know there were matcha chawan, yunomis, shui fans... Brandon, if you see this, is it working well for you?
I appreciate all of your input. You should have your yunomi on Tuesday. :D
Cheers,
Bill

May 8th, '10, 21:25

by T-session » May 8th, '10, 21:25

FREE YUNOMI
It's giveaway time! I am giving this yunomi to a lucky friend from teachat. All you need to do is become a follower on my blog and leave a comment about the favorite tea you would have in this. Go to splitfirepottery.blogspot.com for the next step. Good luck!
And free shipping, of course. :D

May 8th, '10, 21:46

by Chip » May 8th, '10, 21:46

Wow Bill, great idea and generous. Good luck TCers!

May 11th, '10, 09:17

by T-session » May 11th, '10, 09:17

Thanks Chip,
My pleasure... The folks from teachat have been very generous when visiting my shop or coming to a local show. It's nice to give back... creates good karma. There is also a ( I hope it's ok to use the "c" word on a tea site :wink: ) coffee mug giveaway too for my regular etsy buyers, but available to anyone.
Also, I have been throwing a bunch of yunomis like the one that Brian from Colorado bought. Also I started making water containers and tea containers. I've been making guess's about the sizes. Any suggestions anyone? Thank you in advance.

Also Chip, I've been having a lot of trouble with typing something/ a reply... after I've logged in and when I go to submit I get a screen saying I need to log in. This happens alot! Very fustrating. I usually remember to copy what I wrote before I send so I don't need to retype, with both fingers, again.
Thank you,
Bill

May 11th, '10, 09:34

by Chip » May 11th, '10, 09:34

When you log in, check the box that says sign you in automatically each time you visit ... this also prevents frequent log offs. I hope that solves the problem for you.

May 11th, '10, 09:37

by Victoria » May 11th, '10, 09:37

That same problem happens to me sometimes. I find it near impossible to stay logged in. I am not sure if it is a browser glitch or TC. But, if you use your back button, you can usually recover your post.

May 11th, '10, 09:56

by T-session » May 11th, '10, 09:56

Thank you Victoria and Chip :D

May 11th, '10, 18:29

by T-session » May 11th, '10, 18:29

Is this too small for a tea caddy? it holds 1 1/2 cups or 12 oz.

+ Post Reply