Jul 23rd, '09, 21:44

Re: Wood Fired Ceramics by Bill Perrine (Split-Fire Pottery)

by coloradopu » Jul 23rd, '09, 21:44

Pretty hard core stuff

congrats

Jul 23rd, '09, 22:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 23rd, '09, 22:15

Really unique work, Bill. Hope your works find a home here soon.

Jul 30th, '09, 22:21

by T-session » Jul 30th, '09, 22:21

Hi all!!
Thanks Chip and Coloradopu, I really liked how they came out too. I learn so much each time I fire the kiln.
I was hoping they would find a home and one lady in Florida just bought three of my nicest ones!! I guess she likes them... I can't wait to get home, even though we've enjoyed our honeymoon/vacation so much.
I do want to list a bunch more at least for a couple of weeks as one of the big shows is in the middle of August, the same one I posted pics of for Clairemondria and all, and I need to start tagging them, creating inventory sheets, boxing them up. I also picked up a couple of old milk botttle crates that I'll add to my display. They will look great with the bottle forms and wiskey flasks that I've been making lately.
Be home Friday... I'll post some new pics soon.
Cheers, Bill

Sep 30th, '09, 13:29

by T-session » Sep 30th, '09, 13:29

Hi all,
Back again from a REALLY busy August and September. I have sent out a few PM's and wanted to let you know I am getting ready for a new firing in about a month. I have been following your suggestions and making smaller teaware as well. They seem small to me (and I have big hands and that doesn't help) but now that I understand and have researched even more about tea and teaware, they look cool. I will post some new pics soon, even though it will be greenware (unfired clay). Nice to chat again, Bill :D

Sep 30th, '09, 13:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 30th, '09, 13:39

Bill, good to hear about the new smaller sizes, etc. I am anxious to see what is in store! I have been looking forward to adding your works to a growing TeawareArtisan collection.

Oct 7th, '09, 17:55

by T-session » Oct 7th, '09, 17:55

Here's a peek at what I've been working on for a couple of teachat friends. This is one of the small yunomis that Aphy might like. I'm shooting for a set of 4 ouncers Image
...and here is the prototype for Chris. He wanted a tea tray for his small tea pot and tea bowl. Image and a close up of the texture frame Image and a side view... Image. The inside insert is approx. 4" x 7 1/2". The outsde measurements are approx. 8" x 11 1/2". It will shrink about 13%. Chris wants the middle white and the outside turquoise like Mission Mellow, the lidded cont. on my etsy site. Back to the studio. I'll be making more tea trays too if someone wants one. I could always do custom colors for you to match a set you have. Bill

Nov 14th, '09, 14:07

by T-session » Nov 14th, '09, 14:07

Hi everyone,
I have a nice picture of my recent firing. I pulled a few rows off of the top of the door to get a sneek peek. I like what I'm seeing so far. It will be a while before I can take the rest of the door down and get to the stacks. I have a tea tray in there for Chris, back in the middle. Also there is a set of small 4 oz.? yunomis for Aphy, way back. I also made a few landscape yunomis, some small, as well as other smaller matcha chawans. Image. I'll post more as soon as I can. I did post a bunch of pics on my flickr site... under splitfirepottery if you want to check them out.
Cheers, Bill

Nov 14th, '09, 15:22

by bonjiri » Nov 14th, '09, 15:22

T-session wrote:Hi everyone,
I have a nice picture of my recent firing. I pulled a few rows off of the top of the door to get a sneek peek. I like what I'm seeing so far. It will be a while before I can take the rest of the door down and get to the stacks. I have a tea tray in there for Chris, back in the middle. Also there is a set of small 4 oz.? yunomis for Aphy, way back. I also made a few landscape yunomis, some small, as well as other smaller matcha chawans. Image. I'll post more as soon as I can. I did post a bunch of pics on my flickr site... under splitfirepottery if you want to check them out.
Cheers, Bill
cool photograph of the load !

cheers
c

Nov 14th, '09, 17:15

by T-session » Nov 14th, '09, 17:15

Thanks Cory! I have another pic or two I wanted to share... This is my kiln with the new retaining wall Image. Also here's a really cool one at night last time I fired Image. I love that one. I have a shot of the pre-fire stack where you can see Aphy's yunomi's, they should end up about 4-5 oz. ImageThey are under the top shelf in the two back corners. I put a little flower/ stem motif on them. I have started unloading the kiln... whoa... I'll post some soon.
Cheers, Bill

Nov 14th, '09, 17:59

by Robert Fornell » Nov 14th, '09, 17:59

Looks like a nice set up Bill!

Keep on it!

Best,
R

Nov 14th, '09, 18:02

by bonjiri » Nov 14th, '09, 18:02

T-session wrote:Thanks Cory! I have another pic or two I wanted to share... This is my kiln with the new retaining wall Image. Also here's a really cool one at night last time I fired Image. I love that one. I have a shot of the pre-fire stack where you can see Aphy's yunomi's, they should end up about 4-5 oz. ImageThey are under the top shelf in the two back corners. I put a little flower/ stem motif on them. I have started unloading the kiln... whoa... I'll post some soon.
Cheers, Bill
sweet setup bill !

wow !

cool !

thank you for sharing !

Nov 14th, '09, 21:12

by Littlepig2 » Nov 14th, '09, 21:12

Bill, I love the contrast of night and day kiln shots.
Jean Ann

Nov 15th, '09, 20:54

by T-session » Nov 15th, '09, 20:54

Thanks Jean Ann and Cory!. It was a beautiful night too! I just need to remember the camera more often.
I have a few more pics of new work. I've been putting alot on Flickr. Check out this little 6 oz. gem. I really like the orange highlights I used to compliment the turquoise sky. Image. Also I made some more matcha chawans... like this beauty Image and this too Image. I made lots of yunomis and matcha chawans, small ones too. This one is smaller Image. Also, thinking of you guys, a tea caddy Image
Unfortunately Aphy's yunomis and Chris' tea tray need refiring (didn't get hot enough and didn't want to run the glazes too much by placing them in too hot of an area of the kiln. Better to err on the side of caution.
Cheers, Bill

Nov 16th, '09, 07:57

by Aphroditea » Nov 16th, '09, 07:57

Would it be ill-mannered to call you a tease, Bill?! :lol:
I am still on pins and needles......hmmm......need a pins and needles emoticon :wink:

Nov 30th, '09, 19:03

by T-session » Nov 30th, '09, 19:03

I now have a blog: splitfirepottery.blogspot.com if you want to read and see more of my daily life. Firings, pets, kiln and pottery are some of the things you will see there. Thanks!

+ Post Reply