Aug 9th, '09, 00:57

Re: Please recommend teas that taste refreshing iced

by kymidwife » Aug 9th, '09, 00:57

I got some of the karigane sencha teabags and the green tea with matcha teabags... but I only so far tried the ones with matcha. They tasted more pleasant when brewed hot to me. It is possible that my water bottle was a quantity too small for the tea bag... the website does remark that the teabags are strong and one bag is good for a liter of cold-brewed iced tea. I used a smaller 20 oz. bottle, but I was drinking on it all day and constantly refilling it to top it up with fresh water as the day went on. It just tasted alittle fishy to me, but maybe it was just me. I got this same taste from another attempt at coldbrew with a cheapo sencha from a local Asian grocery, and I ended up dumping it in the compost. :D

Sarah

Aug 9th, '09, 21:49

by depravitea » Aug 9th, '09, 21:49

Chip wrote: Dude, your Hagi must be contaminated.
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that...

Aug 9th, '09, 21:51

by depravitea » Aug 9th, '09, 21:51

Chip wrote: And forgot about the mints. I cannot drink mint because it seems to aggrevate my acid reflux (I think the one and only thing I gave up), but DW drinks it by the gallon as fast as I can brew it.
Bummer, mate.
That's almost like a curse. lol
Nice avatar btw :)

Aug 12th, '09, 10:22

by Sam. » Aug 12th, '09, 10:22

I love peppermint tea steeped. Fragrant, dried mint is great hot or cold.

Otherwise I only ever drink iced tea made by cold steeping old green tea leaves I'm not crazy about. Throw the leaves into a pitcher with cold water and put it in the fridge overnight - a pretty decent iced tea the following morning.

Aug 13th, '09, 09:26

by hop_goblin » Aug 13th, '09, 09:26

I find that the best ice tea is made from an Irish breakfast blend or I guess just an Indian tea. MMMMMM Malty.

+ Post Reply