Tobacco Tea?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jul 2nd, '13, 01:23

Re: Tobacco Tea?

by lordmage » Jul 2nd, '13, 01:23

Evan Draper wrote:
Looks like this site needs a lot more people posting about their tea highs.
the nausea he speaks of is a classic sign of overdosing.

Jul 11th, '13, 22:41

by MrEffendi » Jul 11th, '13, 22:41

I make it but I don't drink it. I lace it daintily with a brush around my garden to keep the bugs from eating my vegetables. That shit will kill you. It kills bugs particularly fast.

Jul 11th, '13, 22:42

by MrEffendi » Jul 11th, '13, 22:42

Shihali wrote:I read a report by someone much braver (and much more reckless) than me about his experience making and drinking tobacco tea. He used one cigarette. Two or three cigarettes soaked overnight make a quite good insecticide solution that should be handled with gloves.

It seems like a really bad idea, but someone did live to tell the tale. Definitely a worse idea than a C. sinensis cigar (something else I have not tried but read the reports of others who did).

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=63157
Darwin award, anybody?

Jul 12th, '13, 01:17
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 12th, '13, 01:17

If I was going to try this, I'd only use a pinch of organic tobacco, e.g., American Spirit's organic range. Commercial cigs have all kinds of additives in them.

Once, when I was 18, I took two pretty young college girls from PA to Jackson Heights, NYC for Indian food. I had two big plates of lamb kebabs and naans. When I was done, I decided to get a paan (betel quid) from a guy who was wrapping them up in the back of the store. Since I was in high spirits, I decided to get one with tobacco in it. I was chewing the quid, drinking a can of Coke and smoking a Newport all at once, and swallowing the paan juice down.

All was well until I got into the subway station. One of the girls was trying to hold my hand and I wasn't really into her, which made my cousin (who was with us) chuckle. Everything was a little trippy and I had 'drunk' vision. Well, the nausea starting coming on. It got worse and worse the closer we got to Manhattan on the R train, until I had to keep moving to keep the nausea at bay. I felt my stomach contents rising...

Both girls were covered in kebab and naan. It was in their hair, on their faces and all over their clothes. I took off my brand new sweater and wiped them down as best as I could.

A couple a few seats away got off the train in shock and disgust. A Salvadorean guy gave me a tissue from his bag with a smile.

It was freezing out, but I walked back to my NYU dorm room with them in a t-shirt. I spent the next two days lying on the floor (I gave the girls my bed and my roommate's) until I felt well enough to get up.

Tobacco tea? NO THANKS.

Jul 12th, '13, 10:19

by IzzieBot » Jul 12th, '13, 10:19

Since everybody's already covered the "bad idea" aspect of steeping tobacco, I'll just chime in by echoing that some lapsang souchong is very, very smokey.

In particular, I'm a fan of David's Tea lapsang souchong star. http://www.davidstea.com/organic-lapsan ... &TF=&DEID=

The description reads as follows:
"Lovers of single-malt whisky and fine cigars always fall for this tea's heady aroma of pine wood fire. It's just that sophisticated."

It's also organic, from the fujisan province.
It's the only lapsang i've had but I can attest that it's very smokey. you might like it.

Jul 12th, '13, 11:14
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 12th, '13, 11:14

For smokiness I like Islay whiskey and Syrian Latakia tobacco. I haven't tried a lapsang yet!

+ Post Reply