Aug 2nd, '10, 13:04

Re: Withdrawal...?

by reincarnate » Aug 2nd, '10, 13:04

I easily drink 6 to 8 liters of tea a day, sometimes more. I've measured it. Scary huh?[/quote]

that's like 3 cups per half an hour, do you have time inbetween brewing cups at all :P

Aug 2nd, '10, 20:35

by skilfautdire » Aug 2nd, '10, 20:35

IPT, that is a lot of tea ! Out of curiosity, what are the teas you drink most often ?

Aug 2nd, '10, 22:34
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 2nd, '10, 22:34

The tea I drink is primarily Chinese with a Chawan of Matcha every morning to get me started. I drink a bit of everything, but tend to drink Gaoshan the most frequently. My tastes change with my mood and so I drink a lot of different kinds. Honestly though, the reason I drink so much is I own a teashop and drink tea with customers who wish to try different things. That, and I'm addicted.

Aug 3rd, '10, 01:44

by entropyembrace » Aug 3rd, '10, 01:44

I don´t think I could drink that much tea even if I was sitting in a tea shop all day! :lol:

First...my stomach would get full...second I can´t slurp it down that fast! :lol: :shock:

Aug 3rd, '10, 11:04

by TwoPynts » Aug 3rd, '10, 11:04

entropyembrace wrote:I don´t think I could drink that much tea even if I was sitting in a tea shop all day! :lol:

First...my stomach would get full...second I can´t slurp it down that fast! :lol: :shock:
They have beer bongs, why not tea bongs?! :lol:

Aug 4th, '10, 05:14

by skilfautdire » Aug 4th, '10, 05:14

Certainly. This is known as bong fu cha.

(I think I have to put a smiley here ... hmmm.. let's see... 8)

Aug 4th, '10, 09:36
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 4th, '10, 09:36

Haha! :lol:

Aug 5th, '10, 16:06

by Marco » Aug 5th, '10, 16:06

IPT wrote: I easily drink 6 to 8 liters of tea a day, sometimes more. I've measured it. Scary huh?
Whow - so you must have your very own and very near toilet :D

Is this mutch tea drinking still healthy?

Aug 6th, '10, 00:48
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 6th, '10, 00:48

Marco wrote:
IPT wrote: Whow - so you must have your very own and very near toilet :D

Is this mutch tea drinking still healthy?
yes, I do have a toilet nearby Haha.

Probably not healthy though, no. I probably should slow down.

Aug 6th, '10, 07:14

by skilfautdire » Aug 6th, '10, 07:14

IPT, still out of curiosity (which some people say is a deep well ...) are you drinking Chinese matcha ? I'm asking because a colleague told me recently that he saw a documentary on a Chinese TV channel in which they had people in a small village in some mountains still drinking matcha like they used to hundreds of years ago, whisking rapidly the tea powder to make a froth.

So I figured that China being such a large and diversified country, that knowledgeable tea people in China could probably know more about the current state of Chinese matcha and possibly good quality sources for it.

Cheers.

Aug 6th, '10, 08:15
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 6th, '10, 08:15

skilfautdire wrote:IPT, still out of curiosity (which some people say is a deep well ...) are you drinking Chinese matcha ? I'm asking because a colleague told me recently that he saw a documentary on a Chinese TV channel in which they had people in a small village in some mountains still drinking matcha like they used to hundreds of years ago, whisking rapidly the tea powder to make a froth.

So I figured that China being such a large and diversified country, that knowledgeable tea people in China could probably know more about the current state of Chinese matcha and possibly good quality sources for it.

Cheers.
I do have some Chinese matcha, but I mostly drink Japanese. The Chinese matcha, which I do like, is much coarser and very dark green. It is not as light and refreshing as I would say the Japanese matcha is. I also get some that is made in the traditional Song Dynasty Style. Step by step as in the Chajing. It's quite interesting and fun. The person who makes it reproduced all the tools traditionally used. It's a fun process. I've gotten to see him making it, but he won't let me take photos. Making is is quite time consuming, as is brewing it.

+ Post Reply