a clearer aftertaste

For general/other topics related to tea.

a clearer aftertaste

Postby teaisme » Oct 21st, '11, 16:09

so If you have the same tea, and you brew one very strong and one very balanced which one do you think would have the more noticeable and lasting aftertaste? :wink:
teaisme

Re: a clearer aftertaste

Postby wyardley » Oct 21st, '11, 17:03

I find with a lot of teas that if you brew for aftertaste, you want it a little on the strong side - sometimes when I brew tea, especially gaoshan tea, to where it's almost too strong to the taste is where I really get some interesting taste and sensations (e.g., cooling sensations) after taking a sip.

The aroma under a gaiwan lid or in the empty cup is also often worth appreciating.
wyardley

Postby David R. » Oct 21st, '11, 17:08

Theoretically, aftertaste doesn't depend on the quantity of leaves you use. But from my experience, it will be more noticeable as the brew is thicker, which can be achieved either by a strong ratio of leaves or longer brewing times (or both !)
David R.

Postby SlientSipper » Oct 21st, '11, 20:52

David R. wrote:Theoretically, aftertaste doesn't depend on the quantity of leaves you use. But from my experience, it will be more noticeable as the brew is thicker, which can be achieved either by a strong ratio of leaves or longer brewing times (or both !)

Quite so.
SlientSipper

Instant Messenger

Permissions