Where to purchase Kombucha (Kelp)?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Where to purchase Kombucha (Kelp)?

Postby daidokorocha » Jul 3rd, '14, 22:32

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody knew where I could purchase some kombucha. When I say "kombucha" I do not mean that fermented black tea stuff but rather the kelp tea. Are there any vendors that sell it reliably?

Thank you for your time.

daidokorocha

Re: Where to purchase Kombucha (Kelp)?

Postby entropyembrace » Jul 4th, '14, 00:03

I haven't tried it but I've noticed Maiko tea always has it on their page when I buy sencha, gyokuro or matcha :)

http://maiko.ne.jp/english/shopping/konbu_tea.htm

User avatar entropyembrace

Postby daidokorocha » Jul 6th, '14, 11:43

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. I am happy to see they have the ume version as well for sale. There a few very interesting products in all on that site! A very nice resource. Thank you very much. You're been incredibly helpful.

daidokorocha

Postby entropyembrace » Jul 9th, '14, 22:33

daidokorocha wrote:Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. I am happy to see they have the ume version as well for sale. There a few very interesting products in all on that site! A very nice resource. Thank you very much. You're been incredibly helpful.

You're welcome :)

Please post and let everyone know what you think of them when they arrive :) I've been curious about what these "teas" are like, but haven't tried them because 120/140g is a lot if I didn't like it much.

User avatar entropyembrace

Postby kyarazen » Jul 10th, '14, 09:19

i was served some kind of kelp-ume mixed tea when i visited a guqin string maker in kyoto during new year..

the taste..... :o :!:

they call it obukucha or something along that line, its supposed to be some "lucky" tea that bestows upon people good health and originated from a legend/historical event that the tea was integral in preventing/treating a pandemic

User avatar kyarazen
Contact kyarazen:

Today's Poll

Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest