What defines a special occasion for you?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Sep 16th, '15, 16:00

What defines a special occasion for you?

by Zacherywolf7 » Sep 16th, '15, 16:00

This is all a matter of opinion. When talking about price and tea, a lot of drinkers mention a tea they have only on special occasion's. What defines a special occasion for you? Simply a Friday night with nothing going on or a celebration such as a birthday or holiday?

My special occasion would have to be Friday's as of now. I don't feel like enough special occasions in the stricter definition of the word come up for me. Unless I had a really, really special tea (5 dollar per gram?) but those are usually bought for my birthday/christmas and drank on that day, which in that case it does fall on the special occasion.

Sep 16th, '15, 16:01
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: What defines a special occasion for you?

by William » Sep 16th, '15, 16:01

Every day is a special day, because life isn't endless! :)

Sep 16th, '15, 18:09

by PolyhymnianMuse » Sep 16th, '15, 18:09

All my years of tea drinking (okay maybe not a lot, maybe like 4 years total...) I have yet to acquire a tea I would set aside for a special occasion. Perhaps I've been cheap over the years but am starting to become more of a quality over quantity person. At any rate, a special occasion for me (with tea, as it were) would be any instance to share that tea with good company.

Sep 16th, '15, 18:15

by ClarG » Sep 16th, '15, 18:15

When I am visiting guests who enjoy tea, or having guests over who like tea.

Sep 16th, '15, 21:35

by debunix » Sep 16th, '15, 21:35

At a minimum, a time when I am ready to give extra attention to my tea: some teas deserve more than to be drunk with only half attention because I am mostly focused on work, or some other task.

Sep 17th, '15, 13:25

by hopeofdawn » Sep 17th, '15, 13:25

debunix wrote:At a minimum, a time when I am ready to give extra attention to my tea: some teas deserve more than to be drunk with only half attention because I am mostly focused on work, or some other task.
Ditto. There are some teas that are expensive/rare/special enough that I try to give them more attention, both in the brewing and in the drinking. Sometimes with friends, sometimes not.

+ Post Reply