Official what White/Yellow are you drinking right now?

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Mar 25th, '14, 21:38

Re: Official what White/Yellow are you drinking right now?

by chrl42 » Mar 25th, '14, 21:38

Teaism wrote:A tea friend came to my place early in the morning today. We had Fuding Fujian wild White tea, jasmine scented white tea and followed by two other lighter tea. It is nice to start the day with lighter teas especially early in morning when the mood is mellow and the atmosphere is still.

Cheers! :D
When I was in the US, I used to drink the silver needle tea early in the morning, Ohio had lots of snows in the winter..and that sessions brewed in a white Gaiwan...that moment everything was just white!

Love Fuding & Zhenghe white teas :o

Mar 26th, '14, 10:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Mar 26th, '14, 10:00

Teaism wrote:A tea friend came to my place early in the morning today. We had Fuding Fujian wild White tea, jasmine scented white tea and followed by two other lighter tea. It is nice to start the day with lighter teas especially early in morning when the mood is mellow and the atmosphere is still.

I also love to start the day with some white tea, but it is so difficult to find some made of high quality material, with the right price, that I rarely allow myself this luxury, since I own just a small quantity.

Mar 26th, '14, 10:14

by Teaism » Mar 26th, '14, 10:14

Hi William,
You can check some SFTGFOP1 first flush Darjeeling instead. They are more accessible than a good white. I am down with low volume of white, Fuding Wild white, BHYZ, Sri Lankan silver tip and I am stocking up Darjeeling to substitute. Chinese tea is getting very expensive especially for good stuff so it is good to think of alternative. I thought Gykoru might fit in the replacement too...some nice ones coming my way :D

BTW all white aged very well so it is good to buy more if you like it. I have a box of 1970s BHYZ and they are really really nice. :D

Mar 26th, '14, 11:25

by William » Mar 26th, '14, 11:25

Teaism wrote:Hi William,
You can check some SFTGFOP1 first flush Darjeeling instead. They are more accessible than a good white. I am down with low volume of white, Fuding Wild white, BHYZ, Sri Lankan silver tip and I am stocking up Darjeeling to substitute. Chinese tea is getting very expensive especially for good stuff so it is good to think of alternative. I thought Gykoru might fit in the replacement too...some nice ones coming my way :D

BTW all white aged very well so it is good to buy more if you like it. I have a box of 1970s BHYZ and they are really really nice. :D

Thanks for the tips, Teaism. :D

I have never tried Indian teas, but I will definitely try some from this spring harvest.

Have a nice day my friend.

Mar 26th, '14, 12:05

by Teaism » Mar 26th, '14, 12:05

William wrote:
Teaism wrote:Hi William,

Thanks for the tips, Teaism. :D

I have never tried Indian teas, but I will definitely try some from this spring harvest.

Have a nice day my friend.
Cheers! My friend and have a nice day too. :D

Mar 30th, '14, 05:16

by Teaism » Mar 30th, '14, 05:16

Sampling a lot of white teas lately. Darjeeling SFTGFOP1 from various estates, also BHYZ. Darjeeling style seems to be greener nowadays. Not sure if it is due to market demand. Also it is very hard to find those pure finest tippy grade....hmmmm. So far only Singbulli made it to my list and the quest continue. I am planning to get a few kilos of very high quality of white for long term storage while the speculators are busy playing in the Puer market.:mrgreen:

Apr 1st, '14, 03:38
Vendor Member

by ethan » Apr 1st, '14, 03:38

Teaism,
"A few kilos" How long is long-term storage?
All the best.

Apr 1st, '14, 04:05

by Teaism » Apr 1st, '14, 04:05

ethan wrote:Teaism,
"A few kilos" How long is long-term storage?
All the best.
Hi Ethan,
For those long term storage tea, nowadays I usually vacumn pack them in mylar bag. Those old white tea that I have was stored in airtight tin container. Long term storage ..hmmm..I am looking at perhaps 10-30years before I finish them. Those in the tin that I am drinking now aged almost 10 years and they aged well with mellowed and sweet taste. I have some 30 years old white tea which aged well in tin.
Overall, it is still a constant experiment but definately white tea can age well and they will become a sweet, smooth and muscatel taste.

Cheers!
:D

Apr 6th, '14, 05:38

by Teaism » Apr 6th, '14, 05:38

Happy day with white tea. Managed to procure 1 kg of a very high quality Bai Hao Yinzhen from a tea friend who knows someone from Anhui. A few kilos available, hand carried over and shared amongst a few of tea friends. Almost looks like the wild white tea. Full bodied, sweet and aromatic. Vacumn packed 900gms for aging and 100gms for enjoyment.
White tea aged very well but has to be stored properly. Most of the time I vacumn pack them in mylar bag.

Apr 12th, '14, 17:41

by debunix » Apr 12th, '14, 17:41

After a morning and mid-day of drinking cool-brewed Alishan oolong, this afternoon is starting with Bai Hao Yin Zhen, a delicate silver needle also from Norbu. Mmmmm....

Apr 22nd, '14, 16:43

by Devoted135 » Apr 22nd, '14, 16:43

Enjoying some "white silver tea" that a friend brought over from -- get this -- "Teahaha". It's a new tea shop that just opened near him. :lol: :roll:

Anyway, this appears to be an average balled white tea with jasmine flavoring of some sort. I'm brewing it at 185F in a 70ml gaiwan, and enjoying more than the Silver Needle that I picked up from Rishi...

May 2nd, '14, 11:24

by Teaism » May 2nd, '14, 11:24

Today I took a break from the super heavy tea drinking session yesterday.
A white tea base jasmine tea. This tea is naturally scented with jasmine flower for 8 cycles with white tea that was aged for a year. A milky, thick and full bodied, with recurring sweetness and hypnotic ethereal scent of jasmine. Nice break from the super duper teas yesterday.

May 2nd, '14, 18:37

Official what White/Yellow are you drinking right now?

by debunix » May 2nd, '14, 18:37

That's my favorite way to enjoy white teas--as a break from lots of oolong and puerh. Because they won't last for many infusions, I don't drink as much of them, but I really enjoy their delicacy as a change of pace.

May 3rd, '14, 01:18

by Nancy F » May 3rd, '14, 01:18

I am enjoying the wonderful White Pear from Adagio. It's such a smooth flavor. I have at least one cup of it a day.

May 6th, '14, 08:08

by Misou » May 6th, '14, 08:08

Just tried Silver Needle from New Mexico Tea Co.

Previously the only white I had tried was a very broken and dusty anonymous white that tasted as bad as it looked.

I am enjoying this tea from NMTC though. It tastes like yunnan gold bi lo chun but fruitier and sweeter with a hint of pine, turning citrusy in later infusions.

+ Post Reply