Your favorite white tea?

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Feb 24th, '10, 15:19

Re: Your favorite white tea?

by entropyembrace » Feb 24th, '10, 15:19

My favourite white tea is Silver Cloud White tea from a local shop...it´s one of the darker style white teas that oxidizes quite a bit before or during the drying process. It´s one of the most nautrally fragrant teas I´ve had comparing well with dancongs for fragrance...it has a lovely peachy-lychee fruit aroma with a kind of leafyness that makes me think of taking a walk in the woods on a chilly day. The taste is amazing too...a little bit of the fruityness from the aroma transfers into the taste making for a lovely high note over the base of foresty leafyness...and the mouth feel is simply amazing it seems to capivate the attention of every taste bud even if they were distracted or sleepy to begin with...but not in an aggressive way...it´s a smooth and seductive feeling and after I swallow it leaves my mouth feeling refreshed and a strong and pleasant aftertaste lingers for several minutes at least.

May 26th, '10, 21:04

by Kost_jap » May 26th, '10, 21:04

Last one I tried was 2010 Jinggu Sun-Dried Silver Buds, it is something special! I have no much experience with white teas, but this one for me just perfect, now my favorite, totally recommend them to everyone!

May 27th, '10, 08:29

by verus » May 27th, '10, 08:29

What's a good online source for top quality Pai Mu Tan, or Shou Mei tea? I love the "darker" white teas, not so much a fan of Silver Needle.

Aug 14th, '10, 10:51

by Anntrenton » Aug 14th, '10, 10:51

Great post! White tea is surging in popularity thanks to positive publicity surrounding white tea benefits and the vast array of detectable flavors available in consumers. The benefits of white teas are by far one of the best ways to improve failing health and help keep one's health in tact. However, if you are a heavy drinker of alcohol, or take other medications, then certainly check with a medical professional before adding white tea to your overall daily diet. While white teas are most widely known for their health benefits, if mixed with certain medications or with alcohol, the benefits of these teas can be replaced with side effects.

Aug 14th, '10, 12:28

by britt » Aug 14th, '10, 12:28

"2007 Taiwan Organic-Cert (MOA) "Bai Lu - Egret" White Tea"

I thought this white tea was great but I never saw it again after Hou de's first offering back in 2007.

I also like the Silver Needles from Hou De.

Sep 22nd, '10, 15:01

by Alex » Sep 22nd, '10, 15:01

White assam

Oct 1st, '10, 08:44

Re:

by The » Oct 1st, '10, 08:44

PeteVu wrote:silver needle is has an unbelivably delicious taste. its so smooth, sweet, and subtle like a white tea should be. ive really never had anything like it and i think its become my new favorite. i urge everyone who has ever enjoyed a cup of white tea to try silver needle, its to die for! ^^
Yeah silver needle is great. But I wonder if I get the full possible taste out of my organic 2010 silver needle. I'm using tap water and my feeling is that if I used mineral water I would reach further. Anyone having experiences with this :?:

Oct 1st, '10, 16:26

Re: Re:

by britt » Oct 1st, '10, 16:26

The wrote:
PeteVu wrote:silver needle is has an unbelivably delicious taste. its so smooth, sweet, and subtle like a white tea should be. ive really never had anything like it and i think its become my new favorite. i urge everyone who has ever enjoyed a cup of white tea to try silver needle, its to die for! ^^
Yeah silver needle is great. But I wonder if I get the full possible taste out of my organic 2010 silver needle. I'm using tap water and my feeling is that if I used mineral water I would reach further. Anyone having experiences with this :?:
The difference you'll get by using spring water will of course depend on how bad your tap water is and which spring water you use. I have terrible tap water and the difference between using that and using Poland Springs is very noticeable. I have had several occasions when I heated tap water to use for cooking and accidently used it for tea, forgetting to replace it with spring water when I finished cooking. My reaction was what the..... then I realized what I'd done. I have found the difference to be very noticeable with all tea types, but even more critical for green teas.

Oct 2nd, '10, 00:35

by bagua7 » Oct 2nd, '10, 00:35

Tea drunk now with delicious silver needles hihihihihi....我醉了

Holy moly...what a tea!!!! I am going to limit my daily intake to only teas that are good for me, and silver needles is one of them. ♥♥♥

Oct 2nd, '10, 05:42

by Kunkali » Oct 2nd, '10, 05:42

What kind of silver needles and from where?

Oct 4th, '10, 21:24

by bagua7 » Oct 4th, '10, 21:24

Fujian province '10 from a local shop where I live. But honestly I am going to buy directly from one of the recommended sources here at TeaChat just to compare.

Not all teas are good for everyone, it all depends on your year of birth.

I get the best Qi from greens and whites (1966-fire horse).

+ Post Reply