Best water for tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 18th, '10, 01:35

Re: Best water for tea

by Oni » Nov 18th, '10, 01:35

I watched a commercial yesterday, about Aqua Carpatia, they said that it is the cleanest soft water in the world, and the only soft water that has no nitrates!!!, I need to buy one of those, I haven`t seen it in my town but as soon as I see one I will try it.

Oct 11th, '11, 06:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Oct 11th, '11, 06:57

Personally, I recommend water brewed from the tears of the innocent. Contrary to what you might think, the tea does not turn out salty, but instead takes on such a depth of sorrow that it brings the drinker to unimagined heights of joy.

:twisted:

Oct 11th, '11, 08:30

by Tead Off » Oct 11th, '11, 08:30

Drax wrote:Personally, I recommend water brewed from the tears of the innocent. Contrary to what you might think, the tea does not turn out salty, but instead takes on such a depth of sorrow that it brings the drinker to unimagined heights of joy.

:twisted:
+1 :D

Oct 11th, '11, 08:36

by JBaymore » Oct 11th, '11, 08:36

karensmith wrote:Hello friend,
Once you experience a nice cup of tea made out of alkaline water, you will never even sip the ordinary one. Alkaline water not only gives tea a good flavor, but also makes it more healthy. The anti oxidants present in alkaline water neutralizes the toxins in our body, thereby prevents diseases. Thus it helps in maintaining health and fitness.

I've tried the Tyent USA water ionizers. The alkaline water made me more energetic and refreshed. The Tyent USA water ionizers are the best in filter quality and performance of the filter.

Hum...... you wouldn't happen to WORK for Tyent USA would you? If not, you should.... sounds like professional marketing copy.

best,

................john

Oct 13th, '11, 06:00

by brandon » Oct 13th, '11, 06:00

For Japanese tea, the best brand of water I have found is Sam Da Soo from Jeju do, S. Korea.

Oct 13th, '11, 09:42

by Tead Off » Oct 13th, '11, 09:42

brandon wrote:For Japanese tea, the best brand of water I have found is Sam Da Soo from Jeju do, S. Korea.
This is not so easy to find. Where do you buy yours? I met a tea master in Seoul who hauls his own water from a spring in Jeju.

Oct 13th, '11, 17:34

by brandon » Oct 13th, '11, 17:34

Tead Off wrote:
brandon wrote:For Japanese tea, the best brand of water I have found is Sam Da Soo from Jeju do, S. Korea.
This is not so easy to find. Where do you buy yours? I met a tea master in Seoul who hauls his own water from a spring in Jeju.
On rare ocassion i can buy in a chinese store in philadelphia, but not very often. I have checked several Korean markets and not found a reliable source yet... But when I find it, it is like gold.

Oct 15th, '11, 01:09

by FlyedPiper » Oct 15th, '11, 01:09

Brita!!

I let 15 or so go through the filter, then it's good for a couple months.

Oct 15th, '11, 12:14

by edkrueger » Oct 15th, '11, 12:14

I like brita, but when your city's water goes bad, the brita can't fix it.

Oct 15th, '11, 13:20

by solitude » Oct 15th, '11, 13:20

I found a soft botled water with slightly basic ph which makes a decent tea and the best about it is the price 1euro for 6x2 liters, pretty cheap.

in slovakia the tap water is very hard, the bottled water are usually expensive and it is difficult to find soft one. I tried brita, it worked well but after 2 weeks of use all my teas started to be salty again, so I tried this:

boil the water for a couple of minutes, let it cool down during the night and at the morning you can see the precipitated limestone. then I just filtered this through the used filter which filter off mechanically the precipitated stone particles.

since the filter is not active anymore the filtration is not chemical but simply mechanical, this way you can use one filter many many times.

Oct 16th, '11, 00:12

by Tead Off » Oct 16th, '11, 00:12

solitude wrote:I found a soft botled water with slightly basic ph which makes a decent tea and the best about it is the price 1euro for 6x2 liters, pretty cheap.

in slovakia the tap water is very hard, the bottled water are usually expensive and it is difficult to find soft one. I tried brita, it worked well but after 2 weeks of use all my teas started to be salty again, so I tried this:

boil the water for a couple of minutes, let it cool down during the night and at the morning you can see the precipitated limestone. then I just filtered this through the used filter which filter off mechanically the precipitated stone particles.

since the filter is not active anymore the filtration is not chemical but simply mechanical, this way you can use one filter many many times.
That would definitely help with the scale but does it change the taste?

Oct 16th, '11, 05:12

by solitude » Oct 16th, '11, 05:12

Tead Off wrote:
solitude wrote:I found a soft botled water with slightly basic ph which makes a decent tea and the best about it is the price 1euro for 6x2 liters, pretty cheap.

That would definitely help with the scale but does it change the taste?
the tea with this kind of softened water is definitely better then with the tap water without any treatment. I am happy with the results, though the taste is a subjective thing, but it certainly worth a try.

Dec 30th, '11, 23:07

by jaylorgator » Dec 30th, '11, 23:07

Do any of you find that Brita filters make the water too soft? Or is that just the faucet filters?

Dec 31st, '11, 00:55

by Ill-literate » Dec 31st, '11, 00:55

Ottawa tap water (naturally soft) + Brita filter = a great cup of tea! :D

Dec 31st, '11, 12:49

by zencha » Dec 31st, '11, 12:49

Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water by CG Roxane
http://www.crystalgeyserasw.com/index.html

+ Post Reply