Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 28th, '15, 10:16

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Bef » Feb 28th, '15, 10:16

Chip wrote:At least 2 grams per ounce water. I am guessing around 60* C.. Be sure to preheat everything. 1.5 minutes for the first steep. 10-30 seconds for the second. You can increase temp and time for subsequent steeps.

Oh, a be prepared for the "must sit down moment." And avoid any distractions for this one. You want to be FOCUSED.
This has been my first sencha in the last 6-7 months. Pretty good indeed. The aftertaste is fabulous, it leaves a strong and pleasent taste and texture on both sides of the tongue. Kind of the same texture that you would find in a very good wine.

I keep thinking that even very high end tea is *way* cheaper than even "normal" quality wine.

Feb 28th, '15, 12:04

by debunix » Feb 28th, '15, 12:04

Last night's sencha session was so good I started the morning with another one. Mmmm. O-Cha organic Asatsuyu.

Mar 1st, '15, 07:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by the_economist » Mar 1st, '15, 07:28

Muadeeb wrote:
the_economist wrote:Aged Tenryu again for a cold day, kungfu style.
I'm curious why you use a tea boat for that houhin. It doesn't look like the type of vessel you would pour water over.
No reason! It was just there.

Mar 1st, '15, 11:57

by AT333 » Mar 1st, '15, 11:57

debunix wrote:All this kyusu-love from the SOP prompted a rare evening sencha session with organic Asatsuyu from O-Cha, in my Petr Novak TC TA SO #3 wood-fired shino kyusu. It's a delicious and pleasant session, and just as importantly, it's helping me cope with this wave of TAD....

Wow! What a beauty. Congratulations for owning that beautiful pot.

Mar 3rd, '15, 23:44

by kiwi303 » Mar 3rd, '15, 23:44

Right now, a 1.5L coffee plunger with a spoonful of Bi Lo Chun Emerald Spring leaves in the bottom...

over the almost an hour it takes of decanting out into a glass and drinking, it changes and grows and alters... I can't drink a strong tea like this, it goes bitter towards the end, but a sweet light nutty or fruity tea works well.

Mar 5th, '15, 09:14

by aronson » Mar 5th, '15, 09:14

Wakamatsu no Musashi and Nodoka from Ippodo.

Mar 6th, '15, 13:30

by BioHorn » Mar 6th, '15, 13:30

Am I the first person to cold brew high quality Sencha in sparkling water?
(Hojo Asamiya Sencha and Voss sparkling water) Entirely by mistake mind you! A suprisingly nice and refreshing unintended consequence.
:!:

Mar 6th, '15, 13:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Mar 6th, '15, 13:37

BioHorn wrote:Am I the first person to cold brew high quality Sencha in sparkling water?
(Hojo Asamiya Sencha and Voss sparkling water) Entirely by mistake mind you! A suprisingly nice and refreshing unintended consequence.
:!:
Sounds interesting BioHorn, I really like sparkling water. Chip not so much. Guess I'll have to try it on my own. Thanks for the idea.

Mar 6th, '15, 15:23

Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by debunix » Mar 6th, '15, 15:23

Sencha soda! I need to try this next hot spell. Will add sparkling water to my grocery list...

Mar 14th, '15, 16:16

by JRS22 » Mar 14th, '15, 16:16

O-Cha Karigane Sencha Otsuusan in my little Kenji nerikomi pot. I've wanted a nerikomi pot for quite a while but the Kenji pots are usually too large for my tea drinking style. When this 75 ml beauty appeared on Artistic Nippon I ordered it immediately. The cup is officially a sake cup.

Mar 14th, '15, 16:18

by Bef » Mar 14th, '15, 16:18

Nice tea boat, JRS22. Where did you get it from?

Mar 14th, '15, 20:29

by JRS22 » Mar 14th, '15, 20:29

Seong-il via Tead Off. I think of it as a tray because it holds a set of Teaware. I thought tea boats just held pots. I could be wrong of course.

Mar 15th, '15, 01:33

by Tead Off » Mar 15th, '15, 01:33

JRS22 wrote:Seong-il via Tead Off. I think of it as a tray because it holds a set of Teaware. I thought tea boats just held pots. I could be wrong of course.
Thinking about this, I'm not sure what qualifies to be called a tea tray or boat. A tray implies carrying something on its surface. A boat does the same thing, no? Perhaps the addition of the flat surface into the bowl transforms it into a 'tea tray'? It certainly raises the price! :D

Mar 15th, '15, 04:34

by Puerlife » Mar 15th, '15, 04:34

Tead Off wrote:
JRS22 wrote:Seong-il via Tead Off. I think of it as a tray because it holds a set of Teaware. I thought tea boats just held pots. I could be wrong of course.
Thinking about this, I'm not sure what qualifies to be called a tea tray or boat. A tray implies carrying something on its surface. A boat does the same thing, no? Perhaps the addition of the flat surface into the bowl transforms it into a 'tea tray'? It certainly raises the price! :D
FWIW, your beautiful tray/boat looks very similar to Chaozhou style, (eastern Guangdong), in which pot, pitcher/chahai and cups are all put on it. Tray or boat, pitcher or sea of tea--perhaps it just depends on how poetic you're feeling. :D

Mar 15th, '15, 12:00

by JRS22 » Mar 15th, '15, 12:00

I really enjoy all the beautiful Teaware that I own as a result of TAD, all of which looks beautiful on this tray/boat. I always place it with this side facing me so I can enjoy the glaze.

+ Post Reply