Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Sep 24th, '13, 14:39

by debunix » Sep 24th, '13, 14:39

Mmmm. Looks nice.

Sep 25th, '13, 07:44
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Stentor » Sep 25th, '13, 07:44

Currently drinking Ippodo Nichigetsu.
When I took my first sip of this tea, I immediately thought "now you know why there's such a big price gap between this and the Kaboku", as the Kaboku is truly excellent.
However, that doesn't mean that I am disappointed with the Nichigetsu at all. In fact, I am really enjoying it and I am likely to buy it again.
This is the last tea from my first ever Ippodo purchase and I was satisfied with all the teas that I tried. Very good teas for someone looking for that typical Uji/Kyoto sencha flavor.

Sep 28th, '13, 13:06

by JRS22 » Sep 28th, '13, 13:06

I'm drinking my favorite Sencha, Karigane Otsuusan from O-Cha. I've been brewing it in a different small pot everyday so that none of my teaware is neglected. My Seong-il onggi Hobin is definitely the best match for this tea.

Sep 28th, '13, 13:45

by debunix » Sep 28th, '13, 13:45

Loving some fine Tsuen Aoi sencha from O-Cha, emerald green and gorgeous stuff even brewed on the road in my kamjove thingie.

Sep 28th, '13, 14:13

by matchagirlparis » Sep 28th, '13, 14:13

I have finished my last cut of matcha Manten this morning :(

http://matchagirlparis.blogspot.com/201 ... anten.html

:) But on the upside I have started my first Ippodo matcha :)

Sep 28th, '13, 17:02

by marklasta » Sep 28th, '13, 17:02

I'm drinking tons of matcha and delicious sencha.

Sep 29th, '13, 04:28

by Stentor » Sep 29th, '13, 04:28

Stentor wrote:
Chip wrote:I had a bag of Shincha SM from Kagoshima from O-Cha sitting here and decided to give this a go with the adjusted parameters. Outstanding!!! Better than any previous attempts with O-Cha's Kagoshima SM.

I would say that the Shizuoka offering is more veggie while the Kagoshima offering is sweeter. Both really good but different!
Sounds good! I have a bag of O-Cha's Kagoshima Sae Midori here just waiting to be opened.
I have brewed this a couple of times now. I have not quite nailed it yet. :( Sae Midori fukamushi has always been a little difficult for me to get just right.

Chip, would you mind sharing your exact brewing parameters, not just ratio but exact grams and ml/fl oz.?
I have noticed in the past that some teas seem to require a certain minimum amount of leaf to be good; i.e. a tea brewed at 1:1 with only 1 g wouldn't work, whereas 1:1 with 3 g it would turn out fine. Have any of you noticed the same?

Sep 29th, '13, 09:25

by William » Sep 29th, '13, 09:25

Long Jing - 2013.
I have tested this batch several times with proper attention, probably next spring I will buy few kilograms if it will be the same :mrgreen:

Sep 29th, '13, 12:30

by JRS22 » Sep 29th, '13, 12:30

Today's first tea is Karigane Gyokuro Asa-giri from O-Cha. I used to brew it in my gyokuro set but today I tried it in my Andrzej Beros shib and clearly this shib has met its tea mate.

The shib is unglazed on the inside and has the same bluish-grey glaze as the Hobin I purchased at the same time. My 'excuse' for my next teaware purchase will be cups that shine next to these pots.

Sep 29th, '13, 12:39

by AdamMY » Sep 29th, '13, 12:39

Maiko Karigane from the Shincha OTTI. Down to my last two samples from that, why do I always have Shincha around so late in the year? I still have the NOTTI offerings as well. :shock: I best get to work on that Shincha.

Sep 29th, '13, 16:11

by AdamMY » Sep 29th, '13, 16:11

Asatsuyu still working on that Shincha Supply. I am going to miss it when its cone, but I want to drink it while it is still somewhat fresh.

Sep 30th, '13, 14:01

by saxon75 » Sep 30th, '13, 14:01

AdamMY wrote:Maiko Karigane from the Shincha OTTI. Down to my last two samples from that, why do I always have Shincha around so late in the year? I still have the NOTTI offerings as well. :shock: I best get to work on that Shincha.
That's been my morning cup since the Shincha OTTI. I bought half a kilo and put it in the freezer. So far it's been keeping very well. Man, I love that tea.

Oct 1st, '13, 09:40

by Chasm » Oct 1st, '13, 09:40

Just opened some Kagoshima Sae Midori (O-cha). Ahhhhhhh.

This is the tea I always return to for morning sencha. I'll drink others for a time, but this one is Old Reliable as far as I'm concerned.

I've been trying to work out the right brewing parameters for me for O-cha's Kagoshima Asamushi Sencha, but I haven't nailed it yet -- it keeps coming out too astringent for me. I'm wondering if that's just the characteristic of the tea. It does have some wonderful properties and can give a very satisfying feeling on drinking it.

Oct 3rd, '13, 12:39

by JRS22 » Oct 3rd, '13, 12:39

I always return to O-Cha Karigane after trying regular sencha. There's no bitterness and each one has a character of its own. Today I enjoyed a session with the Asa-giri, which is a gyokuro karigane, brewed in my Beros shib. When I first joined tea chat I suspected that the yixing collectors were imagining the differing impact of each pot on teas, but since I began purchasing artisan tea ware I've become a believer. This karigane is better in this shib than in any other pot I've tried, and this tea is the one most enhanced by using this shib. Not only do I gain more enjoyment from the tea, but I've got an excuse to collect artisan tea ware!

Oct 5th, '13, 12:47

by debunix » Oct 5th, '13, 12:47

More Tsuen Aoi sencha from O-cha in a yurt in a campground in Oregon. Vegetal, sweet, lovely.

+ Post Reply