Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 23rd, '14, 23:56

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by debunix » Jan 23rd, '14, 23:56

All those glowing green sencha photos prompted an evening sencha session, although my asa Aoi sencha from O-Cha looks considerably less emerald in a dark blue Seigan cup.

Jan 24th, '14, 04:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Stentor » Jan 24th, '14, 04:54

That is such a lovely Hokujo, Chip!

Re: Fukamushi green:
Chip wrote:But likely the biggest cause is suspension of particles is quite substantial in fuka and chumushi.
eyvind wrote:I would agree most of it has to be the fine suspended particles of tea.
Definitely. If you leave fukamushi in the cup for too long without drinking it, those particles will settle to the bottom of the cup and the liquid above will be much clearer and more yellowish. Unfortunately the tea won't be very good at this point so try to avoid it. ;)

Jan 24th, '14, 11:23

by Chip » Jan 24th, '14, 11:23

... this also demonstrates the viscous nature of teas such as fukamushi. But as Stentor mentions, the particles will eventually settle and it does not take long for the process to commence.

Jan 24th, '14, 12:19

by bliss » Jan 24th, '14, 12:19

I've been enjoying some Kasuga Zairai Sencha from my 200ml Kobiwako kyusu in a little beauty of a cup, from a set of three, by Andrzej Bero today.
And a blown out phone picture up close. Ahhh, those ledges on the Bero cup. Tactile wonder! :mrgreen:
William, I've been enjoying seeing your Kobiwako getting some good use! :D
When will you share an action shot with us Chip?

Jan 24th, '14, 13:23

by Chip » Jan 24th, '14, 13:23

Shuweet, bliss!
bliss wrote:When will you share an action shot with us Chip?
OK, now ... :mrgreen:

A special Sae Midori from Shizuoka brewed in 200ml Kobiwako kyusu and served up in Shawn's Greenwood Studio guinomi-s.

This combo of Kyusu and tea brewed STRONG today (at least 1.5:1, likely stronger) yielded truly amazing gyokuro-like results!!! The clay used definitely appears to enhance the flavor profile w/o altering the flavor.

This Kyusu has the ball screen versus the sesame ... I actually bought both but prefer this ball since it allows particles to pass into the cup yielding a more intense brew ... IMHO.

Jan 24th, '14, 13:41

by bliss » Jan 24th, '14, 13:41

Ohh, yay, I like. Thanks for sharing Chip! 8)

I'm really longing for a fuka. If I remember correctly, you usually recommend the YM from O-Cha. Do you have any organic favourite fuka?

Jan 24th, '14, 14:07

by William » Jan 24th, '14, 14:07

Chip wrote: [ ... ] but prefer this ball since it allows particles to pass into the cup yielding a more intense brew ... IMHO.
I noticed it too!
bliss wrote:I've been enjoying some Kasuga Zairai Sencha from my 200ml Kobiwako kyusu in a little beauty of a cup, from a set of three, by Andrzej Bero today.
And a blown out phone picture up close. Ahhh, those ledges on the Bero cup. Tactile wonder! :mrgreen:
William, I've been enjoying seeing your Kobiwako getting some good use!
Thanks, your kobi kyusu is lovely too! :D

What do you think of the Kasuga Zairai Sencha? Mine is on the way to Italy .. :)

Ps. Can I give you a little advice? Try a session or two with a yuzamashi made of glass or porcelain (if you have one), you may notice some improvements ..

Jan 24th, '14, 14:59

by bliss » Jan 24th, '14, 14:59

William wrote:
bliss wrote:I've been enjoying some Kasuga Zairai Sencha from my 200ml Kobiwako kyusu in a little beauty of a cup, from a set of three, by Andrzej Bero today.
William, I've been enjoying seeing your Kobiwako getting some good use!
Thanks, your kobi kyusu is lovely too! :D

What do you think of the Kasuga Zairai Sencha? Mine is on the way to Italy .. :)
I've been enjoying it, I can't really say more than that. Unfortunately I've had about 6 months to a year between every sencha (fuka and regular) I've bought since I had my first cuppa a few years ago. My tastebuds are still in development when it comes to sencha so it's hard to compare from memory. I do believe I'm coming to the conclusion that my main preference is fuka (compared to regular sencha, I haven't tried Asamushi). I'd love to hear your opinion on this tea when you receive it though! I can compare the Kasuga Zairai to the Uji Sencha Jubuzan when I'm getting towards the end of it.
William wrote: Ps. Can I give you a little advice? Try a session or two with a yuzamashi made of glass or porcelain (if you have one), you may notice some improvements ..
Thanks for the heads up, I have been worrying about possible clay clashes, or is it something about that specific one I'm using? I'll definitely try it next time! I've been thinking of getting a fully glazed yuzamashi from one of the tea artisans here, that should be similar to glass/porcelain right?

Jan 24th, '14, 15:12

by William » Jan 24th, '14, 15:12

bliss wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I have been worrying about possible clay clashes, or is it something about that specific one I'm using?
No, it's just a matter of different clays with everything that goes with it ..
bliss wrote:I'll definitely try it next time! I've been thinking of getting a fully glazed yuzamashi from one of the tea artisans here, that should be similar to glass/porcelain right?
Yes! :D

Jan 24th, '14, 15:16

by bliss » Jan 24th, '14, 15:16

William wrote:
bliss wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I have been worrying about possible clay clashes, or is it something about that specific one I'm using?
No, it's just a matter of different clays with everything that goes with it ..
bliss wrote:I'll definitely try it next time! I've been thinking of getting a fully glazed yuzamashi from one of the tea artisans here, that should be similar to glass/porcelain right?
Yes! :D
Double thanks! :mrgreen:

Jan 24th, '14, 22:59

by Chip » Jan 24th, '14, 22:59

Special edition Tenryu from Shizuoka brewed up in Petr-Yaki extreme Ent pot. The Tenryu and the pot worked really well together creating a complex, veggie, sweet profile.

Jan 24th, '14, 23:16

by debunix » Jan 24th, '14, 23:16

Tasty tea, tasty pot!

Jan 25th, '14, 02:59

by Stentor » Jan 25th, '14, 02:59

...and wans!

Jan 25th, '14, 11:15

by William » Jan 25th, '14, 11:15

Same sencha of the last few days .. Today instead of four grams I tried with five grams .. :shock:
The difference is quite obvious, the aromas and flavours/aftertaste are much more robust and enjoyable!

Have a nice day!

Jan 25th, '14, 13:08

by debunix » Jan 25th, '14, 13:08

Another sencha morning, with Aoi sencha enjoyed from the big Petr Novak shino chawan. Sweet, almost fruity right at the start of each infusion, this asa does a bit of a fuka imitation towards the end of the infusion, because this is the end of of bag, and the extra fines coming through the screen steep while I drink, deepening the flavor as I drink to the bottom.

Pleasing from an almost fruity floral start to a more vegetal slightly briny finish.

+ Post Reply