Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Oct 1st, '15, 02:24
Vendor Member

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by jayinhk » Oct 1st, '15, 02:24

I wouldn't cold brew cheap Chinese tea..that stuff needs a rinse. Rinse with hot water, let the leaves cool, then cold brew. Should make for interesting results!

Drinking Taiwanese biluochun today...slightly longer infusions. Very intense flavor. Yum

Oct 1st, '15, 15:39

by NateHevens » Oct 1st, '15, 15:39

jayinhk wrote:I wouldn't cold brew cheap Chinese tea..that stuff needs a rinse. Rinse with hot water, let the leaves cool, then cold brew. Should make for interesting results!

Drinking Taiwanese biluochun today...slightly longer infusions. Very intense flavor. Yum
Oh I rinsed. Don't worry. I saw that thing about the rinsing when I first got gunpowder.

Oct 1st, '15, 17:16
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 1st, '15, 17:16

Gotcha, I assumed you were a noob because you were drinking that stuff! ;) my apologies.

Oct 1st, '15, 20:26

by JRS22 » Oct 1st, '15, 20:26

I've been using an unglazed brown clay pot from Andrez Bero to steep my Chinese greens this year. I used to think that glazed was the way to go with this category of teas, but the results with this pot changed my mind. Today some Ming qian an ji Bai cha from Seven Cups. So delicate and sweet.

Oct 2nd, '15, 00:56

by NateHevens » Oct 2nd, '15, 00:56

jayinhk wrote:Gotcha, I assumed you were a noob because you were drinking that stuff! ;) my apologies.
Ha! I actually like gunpowder, to be honest. Good, cheap tea, easily accessible, and with a decent taste, honestly. And, after a rinse, it makes a good cold brew.

That said, it's cold enough now to start brewing some nice sencha the traditional way. And god I can't wait to break out my gyokuro... maybe when I wake up, I'll wake up with a nice cup of gyokuro, followed by a few nice cups of sencha.

I need the warmth... Long Island, NY is in the 50's (Fahrenheit) and getting ready for a possible hurricane (or at least a tropical storm)... *sigh*

Vaping and tea is what I have to get me through. I'd say I'm looking forward to maybe getting work off, but I don't get it off paid, so I would rather have the hours...

Oct 2nd, '15, 05:42
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 2nd, '15, 05:42

Nate,

I used to live in Nassau. I kinda miss the cold ;) it's in the 80s here in Hong Kong!

Ever tried Moroccan whiskey? Gunpowder tea, fresh mint and lots of sugar.

I drink hot tea all year round. Today's gonna be biluochun I think.

Oct 3rd, '15, 04:54

by Tead Off » Oct 3rd, '15, 04:54

Hosuien matcha in a modern Seto chawan.
Matcha in Seto chawan.jpg
Matcha in Seto chawan.jpg (69.42 KiB) Viewed 1291 times

Oct 4th, '15, 00:16
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 4th, '15, 00:16

Drinking the Tiger Monkey green tea from Hatvala again. This time it tastes like good raw pu erh, but with very little bitterness. Astringent, however, but very flavorful and enjoyable. Nothing like the other Vietnamese greens I've had. This seems like it would be good base material for aging. I may have to make a trip to Northern VN next year :)

Oct 4th, '15, 00:39

by debunix » Oct 4th, '15, 00:39

Another warm evening, another lovely sparkling sencha. So nice to have another way to enjoy my tea besides hot, for hot weather.

Oct 5th, '15, 21:28

by Frisbeehead » Oct 5th, '15, 21:28

debunix wrote:Another warm evening, another lovely sparkling sencha. So nice to have another way to enjoy my tea besides hot, for hot weather.
Meanwhile here in Ohio I can finally enjoy a nice hot bowl of matcha without sweating profusely :D. I feel warm and cozy already.

Drinking some of O-Cha's Kiri-No-Mori and reading/taking notes for a history paper. I shouldn't be on here actually...

Oct 6th, '15, 08:33

by KaiRong » Oct 6th, '15, 08:33

Drinking a matcha premium from Hibiki-an. A great antidote to dozing off at work :) I ordered it for the first time, and to be honest, I'm quite happy with the quality, a great value for its price! But I still like the taste of Marukyu-Koyamaen's higher-end matchas (Wako and above) better, pity that those are much more expensive.

Oct 8th, '15, 00:42

by Tead Off » Oct 8th, '15, 00:42

Kamairicha from Hirumaen. I refreshed this tea in my hojiki. Maybe I over-did it. Tastes like a Hojicha but with more complexity. I tend to tire of this taste.
Kamairicha.jpg
Kamairicha.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

Oct 8th, '15, 06:22
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 8th, '15, 06:22

Green tea from Dalat (Southern Vietnam highlands)...brewed strong and bitter. Good flavor and much nicer than your standard Thai Nguyen green. Lucky find in Saigon.

Oct 15th, '15, 00:45

by Tead Off » Oct 15th, '15, 00:45

Matcha in Seto. :mrgreen:
Seto.jpg
Seto.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

Oct 15th, '15, 01:37

by NateHevens » Oct 15th, '15, 01:37

jayinhk wrote:Nate,

I used to live in Nassau. I kinda miss the cold ;) it's in the 80s here in Hong Kong!

Ever tried Moroccan whiskey? Gunpowder tea, fresh mint and lots of sugar.

I drink hot tea all year round. Today's gonna be biluochun I think.
That Moroccan whiskey sounds good, but the lack of alcohol is a teeny tiny bit of a letdown. Gotta be something good to add to that... :mrgreen: :P

I can't drink hot tea all year round. Cold-brew is so much more refreshing in the summer, while the hot brews are much more refreshing in the winter.

And they're expecting even more snow this winter compared to last winter, and last winter was a lot!

I'm gonna need hot hot hot hot tea this winter... and hot chocolate... with chocolate liqueur... :wink:

Today, I had some more of my Organic Oku Midori from O-Cha (purchased back in May, drank a bit, then stored the rest in a very airtight container to keep it fresh until the summer was over). Was so tasty. Plan to have more when I wake up.
Last edited by NateHevens on Oct 16th, '15, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

+ Post Reply